Chanel Fall 05 2.55 Reissue Bag - Page 214 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
07-02-2006
tfs star

^^ No problem! I just didn't want there to be any confusion for other tfs'ers!

07-02-2006
trendsetter

07-02-2006
scenester

I think PrincessIMP meant the dimension of the 227 is the same as the classic jumbo. But yes in "reissue" term the 227 is the large and the 228 is the jumbo.
Sorry if I made this even more confusing.

07-02-2006
tfs star

i saw this vintage chanel bag below in the handbag collection thread-- i hope lilly rose doesn't mind me re-posting here...and got to thinking....you know how chanel's supposed to re-issue the re-issue in antiqued gold, off-white, and burgundy in june/july? lilly rose said hers was a vintage brown chanel, but do you guys think the antiqued gold could look like this? it is stunning...

07-02-2006
tfs star

positano, if the antique gold looks anything like that ^^, I'll definitely be getting it. :love:

07-02-2006
tfs star

doesn't it look beautiful? i couldn't believe my eyes that lilly has this in her collection...

07-02-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendrv
positano, if the antique gold looks anything like that ^^, I'll definitely be getting it. :love:
Beautiful!!!

Why are the SAs disavowing all knowledge of a reissue of the reissue?

07-02-2006
front row

if they realy would re-issue the re-issue i would like to get the antiqued gold .. hopefuly

07-02-2006
tfs star

I don't know if it's my computer or the tfs website, but the pic of the antique gold bag didn't download so I wasn't able to see it HOWEVER, I was in Saks Atlanta today and the Chanel boutique there had this antiqued gold leather Chanel - not quilted and (sorry) but I can't even remember the style - but I loved the color and the way it had been antiqued. I noticed it because it was the first time I'd seen that color. Also - for anyone who is interested - they had the 227 reissue in grey and in black (also that cute little frame bag with the kiss/lock closure - smooth leather with quilted gathered end pockets - anyone seen that yet? It is SO cute - on the small side although not tiny - definitely adorable - white and celadon).

07-02-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by janyoung99
I don't know if it's my computer or the tfs website, but the pic of the antique gold bag didn't download so I wasn't able to see it HOWEVER, I was in Saks Atlanta today and the Chanel boutique there had this antiqued gold leather Chanel - not quilted and (sorry) but I can't even remember the style - but I loved the color and the way it had been antiqued. I noticed it because it was the first time I'd seen that color. Also - for anyone who is interested - they had the 227 reissue in grey and in black (also that cute little frame bag with the kiss/lock closure - smooth leather with quilted gathered end pockets - anyone seen that yet? It is SO cute - on the small side although not tiny - definitely adorable - white and celadon).
thanks for the information .. did you remember the price of the antiqued gold? & in what shape/style is it?

07-02-2006
tfs star

such great news, jan!! i was hoping the antiqued gold would be as great...

sorry i would reload it, but the only way it would work was by copying and pasting...

07-02-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelle
thanks for the information .. did you remember the price of the antiqued gold? & in what shape/style is it?
It was up high in a display window and I was looking at it from the back. It was a more slouchy style but that's all I can remember (I get so distracted with all the bags in there - next time I'm going to take notes!) Didn't look at the price either (duh). It was probably about 10 inches wide and maybe 5 or 5.5 inches tall. I may go back and take a better look tomorrow - Saks is pretty close to where I live.

07-02-2006
tfs star

Okay, this time your pic loaded Positano! WOW what a gorgeous bag!!! When did that bag come out, do you know? The color of the bag I saw today was just about like that - only not quilted and not vintage leather - and maybe a bit more antiqued, like a little more color variation. I'll definitely go back tomorrow and check it out!

08-02-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigleto972001
ooooh hey ya'll, that's the same coat i have! it's soooo comfy too, though my wallet is still hurting a few months later...worth it though!

also, is that a 228? it's gi-normous!
I LOVE that coat, pigleto! My first thought when I saw it was to throw myself over the phone and dial the 800-number, but I realize it must be sold out already. Plus, I don't think I have the courage to buy a $4000-something coat without trying it on first (damn Chanel for not having a store here )
But I am totally envious of you for having such a lovely coat. I actually went up to the attic today and brought down an old Chanel tweed coat that belongs to my grandmother. She is super skinny, and has always been thin, but the coat was too big! I'm soooo disappointed, I wanted to wear it so bad, but it doesn't look any nice on me. I cannot believe she would own a coat that is too big on me, she has always been so thin

I love that vintage Chanel, btw. But is the strap just plain leather?

08-02-2006
V.I.P.

I believe this is the antique gold

style.com

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
05, 255, bag, chanel, fall, reissue