How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermesfreak
Hey gang....okay...FINALLY!!!! my 227 arrived at home this afternoon...I have taken a ton of pics with my cell phone camera(sorry but that is the extent of my talents as a photographer) and will post them tomorrow when I get to work since I left the hot sync cable there....like duh....in short...the 227 and 228 are NOT that different when put side by side...the 228 has more capacity for my stuff so I think I will keep the 228....more details to follow in the morning with pics etc.yipeeee!!!!!!
Congrats!!!! Glad you are able to make up your mind and decide to keep which bag!! I'm happy for you!!

08-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalBabe
chiangsi, how are you liking your black 227? Do you use it often? I'm wondering how it looks after a few uses. Any creases on the burgundy leather inside the flap, etc.?
Yea, I wanna know how the bag looks after a few uses too! Anyone can tell us?

08-09-2005
Adorable illusion

Just on my bag: I've used my Chanel a lot..not everyday but a few days every week and its fab!! No creases whatsoever on the burgundy flap, I've noticed that the flap's leather is quite soft so it doesnt get creased easily. The condition of my bag is still perfect and I've been using it for at least 5 weeks now

08-09-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_princess
Just on my bag: I've used my Chanel a lot..not everyday but a few days every week and its fab!! No creases whatsoever on the burgundy flap, I've noticed that the flap's leather is quite soft so it doesnt get creased easily. The condition of my bag is still perfect and I've been using it for at least 5 weeks now
vintage, thank you so much for your reply . That is sooooo good to hear that there are no creases and that you've been using it for 5 weeks! Oh, I can't wait to get mine - I sound like a broken record :p.

08-09-2005
fashion insider

Do people have crease on the cover flap, the one with the clasp? The one I saw in the boutique has a very deep, crackling looking crease...I don't know if that's normal or has that bag been treated too violently...

08-09-2005
front row

227 vs 228
Here they are...sorry about the pic quality but I only had my cell phone cam available:

08-09-2005
front row

As you can see there isn't that big of a difference between the 227 and the 228....what do you all think?

08-09-2005
fashion insider

228 def looks bigger. I think 227 is perfect for people who like big bags. 228 was probably intended for Lagerfeld to use as a men's messenger bag...as shown on the runway

08-09-2005
front row

perhaps you are right....I am torn...HELP!!!!!

08-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermesfreak
As you can see there isn't that big of a difference between the 227 and the 228....what do you all think?
personally I think the 228's proportion is better. I think that's a better size for you. btw, I love your jacket what do you wear as the bottom?

08-09-2005
rising star

Thanks everyone! I am still so excited, my stomach does flip-flops everytime I think about them arriving.

Hikarupanda - I replied in the Chanel thread.

BalBabe - Thank you for your help!

Hermesfreak - Congratulations! They're both gorgeous, so is your Chanel jacket (I'm envious)! As you said, there isn't a huge difference between the two. My vote goes for the 227 since it's large enough for a day bag & would also work well for evening. I guess it all depends on what you want to use it for & how much you carry.

I sure hope my 225 isn't too small for day.

Last edited by papillon; 08-09-2005 at 11:11 AM.

08-09-2005
fashion elite

there is actually one larger size that is more north-south and intended to be worn like a messenger bag. I'm curious to see how big that one is. between the 227 and 228 I say 228 if you carry around enough stuff to justify it (like me).

08-09-2005
trendsetter

Hermesfreak - my vote goes to 227. But either one looks fine on you! So it depends on which one is more user friendly for you. Can you fit everything you need in both bags?

08-09-2005
Adorable illusion

Hermesfreak, congrats on getting both bags!! They look gorgeous with your Chanel jacket! Definitely vote for 227.

Regarding the creases on the flaps of the bag, the only creases on the flaps is where it folds. My bag doesnt seem to look that bad though

08-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine
personally I think the 228's proportion is better. I think that's a better size for you. btw, I love your jacket what do you wear as the bottom?
Hi there and thank you...you all are soooo sweet....I brought both bags to work today(with all the packaging etc.) to get my friends opinion and they both voted for the 228...they all thought it was more me...and it fits more stuff in it...so I am going for the 228....I LOVE IT ! I plan on wearing the chanel jacket with an ivory decolete(sp?) bustier looking top and matching pants with the Gucci ivory snakeskin shoes I pictured. It looks great on!!!! I am wearing it to a luncheon on October 1st. Should be cool enough to wear the tweed then!!!! YIPEEEEE!!!!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
05, 255, bag, chanel, fall, reissue