How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-08-2005
fashion elite

Can you make a deal with the SA by getting the 225 now but not using it and if they can find you a 226 then you exchange it? At least if they can't get the 226 you still have the 225. What do you recon?

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

11-08-2005
trendsetter

Ha ha. Thanks for suggesting that. I think I may bring that up with the SA and see what she has to say.

Now, the more I think about it, the more I think this is a fab idea!! Provided they allow me to do that.

11-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikarupanda
Personally I actually like the chain strap more than the strap with leather woven in.
Ditto. I reckon the strap with leather looks better with the interlocking CC turnlock.

11-08-2005
fashion elite

^ second to that

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

11-08-2005
backstage pass

rhiannonmars....Thanks for initiating this thread!! Fabulous for those obsessed with these bags without having to subject those non-obsessed in the other thread to our manic obsession. I was just compiling a summary of the sizes and international prices for comparison when rhiannonmars' efficiency & speediness beat me to it . Anyway I do have the summary in a table format with prices in SGD & USD. Anyone wants it just PM or e-mail me.

My local store has only one 224 (20cm) to preview. They will be receiving the bags in 5 sizes.
The S'pore store has all the sizes, or at least 5 of the sizes, in all the 3 colours for Buyers to preview. As informed by Kare earlier on, there is a 50% deposit required to secure one. Good thing about that is a Customer will be guaranteed the size & colour that she wants. The bags are more popular in S'pore than in my local store. There is no 50% deposit required here. My SA informed that the bags will be here in approx. 2 weeks but I think early September may be a more realistic time as the official launch is only then!

I'm going for the bigger size ones. 226 (28cm) or 227 (31cm). My S'pore SA informed that the 226 may be a better choice as it could be a day-to-night bag. The 227 may only be a day bag. Anyway I will be checking them all out when they are in the store here.

I'm going for the black/gold but will be eyeing the white when I'm checking them out...hmmmm....

11-08-2005
V.I.P.

I felt sooo RhiannonMars today, I was flipping through the Chanel F/W 05 handbag look book...WOW this seasons collection is a doozy, it's incredible, there isnt one bag that I didnt want for myself.

11-08-2005
backstage pass

[QUOTE=bicky]Here are the 2.55 photos from the chanel exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. There are 5 black 2.55 reissue bags in different sizes all lined up in the glass case. I can't wait till my grey reissue comes in !!

QUOTE]

Fabulous pictures!!! Thanks heaps!!

I think we must really check out the different sizes IRL to see which suits us the most. However for those who may find it difficult to get to a store and may be purchasing it without seeing the bag IRL, perhaps the 225 may be one of the wiset, if not THE, wisest choice. In the classic 2.55 size, one can hardly go wrong.

11-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghag21
The S'pore store has all the sizes, or at least 5 of the sizes, in all the 3 colours for Buyers to preview.
S'pore store has only 4 sizes for preview:
A30224 (didn't get the measurements for this one), A30225: 18 x 25.5 x 5.5 cm (7.06 x 10 x 2.16 inches), A30226: 20 x 28 x 6 cm and A30227: 23 x 31 x 6 cm (9 x 12.2 x 2.4 inches)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghag21
I'm going for the bigger size ones. 226 (28cm) or 227 (31cm). My S'pore SA informed that the 226 may be a better choice as it could be a day-to-night bag. The 227 may only be a day bag. Anyway I will be checking them all out when they are in the store here.
My SA advised me otherwise. She said 225 is a better size for evening bag. Guess different SA has different opinions. Goes the same for us.

Which country are you in anyway?

11-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
I felt sooo RhiannonMars today, I was flipping through the Chanel F/W 05 handbag look book...WOW this seasons collection is a doozy, it's incredible, there isnt one bag that I didnt want for myself.
Your funny Diorling!

I just have Chanel fevor!

You guys are making me consider trying to hunt down another color of this purse too! I really love it more than the regular 2.55 at the moment. It's so charming! Gold hardware/black purse would go so well with the brown/pink sweater set I just bought. Grey is great with pink and jeans... but I'm still set on white. I feel it will take me far with black clothes, jeans, etc.

Hmmm, two 2.55's or a Chloe dress. . .. I'll have to battle that one out.

11-08-2005
Frozen irony.

Why not just go CRAZY and get it all?

11-08-2005
trendsetter

^ Yeah , whats $4000 more?!!?

(I think my whole Fall waredrobe might be $4000 more, that's what!) Hahaha.

11-08-2005
Of too many minds

Quote:
rhiannonmars....Thanks for initiating this thread!! Fabulous for those obsessed with these bags without having to subject those non-obsessed in the other thread to our manic obsession. [img]../ugala/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif[/img] I was just compiling a summary of the sizes and international prices for comparison when rhiannonmars' efficiency & speediness beat me to it [img]../ugala/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif[/img]. Anyway I do have the summary in a table format with prices in SGD & USD. Anyone wants it just PM or e-mail me. [img]../ugala/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

My local store has only one 224 (20cm) to preview. They will be receiving the bags in 5 sizes.
The S'pore store has all the sizes, or at least 5 of the sizes, in all the 3 colours for Buyers to preview. As informed by Kare earlier on, there is a 50% deposit required to secure one. Good thing about that is a Customer will be guaranteed the size & colour that she wants. The bags are more popular in S'pore than in my local store. There is no 50% deposit required here. My SA informed that the bags will be here in approx. 2 weeks but I think early September may be a more realistic time as the official launch is only then!

I'm going for the bigger size ones. 226 (28cm) or 227 (31cm). My S'pore SA informed that the 226 may be a better choice as it could be a day-to-night bag. The 227 may only be a day bag. Anyway I will be checking them all out when they are in the store here. [img]../ugala/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'm going for the black/gold but will be eyeing the white when I'm checking them out...hmmmm....

The Singapore store already has them??? Gah..now's one time when I wish I was back in Singapore instead!!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

Last edited by chiangsi1980; 11-08-2005 at 10:21 PM.

11-08-2005
scenester

The Singapore Chanel boutique only has the press pieces up for pre-view and pre-order. We can't get the bags until early September.

You ladies in the States are luckier. There's no waitlist here. It's either you pre-order (with a 50% deposit) or leave it to chance. It sucks that we can't be on the waitlist for 2 bags and then decide to drop one when we see the bag IRL later.

Last edited by juslin; 11-08-2005 at 10:54 PM.

12-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juslin
The Singapore Chanel boutique only has the press pieces up for pre-view and pre-order. We can't get the bags until early September.

You ladies in the States are luckier. There's no waitlist here. It's either you pre-order (with a 50% deposit) or leave it to chance. It sucks that we can't be on the waitlist for 2 bags and then decide to drop one when we see the bag IRL later.
I see, yea, the one thing I really like about the US is that you can return things for refund after you see the real items. But just because we are on waiting list doesn't mean that we will get it either. The quantities, from what I have been told are VERY VERY limited.....

12-08-2005
trendsetter

I would almost WANT to put 50% down just for that extra assurance that I would get the purse. I think my Neiman Marcus is rare, promising me that they can cover. They also mentioned they should have over the amount on the waitlist. It's a smart move. I am sure they will sell out quickly still.

Two messages and my NM SA hasn't called me back though. *pout*

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
05, 255, bag, chanel, fall, reissue