How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie
S'pore store has only 4 sizes for preview:
A30224 (didn't get the measurements for this one), A30225: 18 x 25.5 x 5.5 cm (7.06 x 10 x 2.16 inches), A30226: 20 x 28 x 6 cm and A30227: 23 x 31 x 6 cm (9 x 12.2 x 2.4 inches)

My SA advised me otherwise. She said 225 is a better size for evening bag. Guess different SA has different opinions. Goes the same for us.

Which country are you in anyway?
I'm your neighbour from across the causeway, just north of where you are :p .

224 is the 20cm wide one.

225, being the same size as the medium classic 2.55 (current issue), could be a day-to-evening bag. Day bag, depending on how much stuff one lugs around. Evening bag as its commonly used.

Generally, I'm a no-time discretionary bag lady. I use whatever bag I feel like, day or evening. Unless, its a formal black-tie event of course, where a Medium Silverado with an evening gown may attract attention of the less flattering kind . I've no qualms about using a pink 2.55 with cargo pants and runners during the day although 2 mobile phones and a big wallet is very space challenging. I love the dichotomous look of apparent mismatch yet coordinated outfits. The 2.55 is a great bag to inject that elegant touch into any outfit...day or night :p .

I'm currently in a big bag phase (as I've been lamenting for a while now...apologies for sounding like a broken record ). Hence I'm going for the 226 or 227. My S'pore SA advised that since I've quite a few medium size 2.55s already, a bigger size may be good. Can't wait to see them all...

12-08-2005
trendsetter

Chanel doesn't carry ~that~ many wallets. What kind of wallets do you ladies use, and will plan to use with this purse? I really need a new one, preferably slim with a good 8-10 credit card slots. I'm embarrsed to say I use a Hello Kitty one!! Hehe!

12-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by juslin
The Singapore Chanel boutique only has the press pieces up for pre-view and pre-order. We can't get the bags until early September.

You ladies in the States are luckier. There's no waitlist here. It's either you pre-order (with a 50% deposit) or leave it to chance. It sucks that we can't be on the waitlist for 2 bags and then decide to drop one when we see the bag IRL later.
Hi juslin. If you are in S'pore, why don't you just come up to KL for the bag? With the new highway, the drive is between 3-4 hours and you can be back in S'pore to parade the bag at night ! I can ask my SA to hold your preferred one for you, if they have it of course. No 50% deposit needed .
As I've said earlier, there is currently no mad clamour nor even requests for the bags here....yet. I'll inform you when they are in and you can go directly to the store to view or pick up the bag/s. I've requested to view all the colours in the 226 & 227. They are getting 5 sizes in. Unsure of the colours. Just let me know !!!

12-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
Why not just go CRAZY and get it all?
pucci...you are hilarious!!

12-08-2005
scenester

Baghag, it's so nice of you to offer. Thank you. Unfortunately, my heart has got the better of me this time. I actually placed a 50% deposit for the grey 225 reissue yesterday It didn't help that the SA mentioned that there are only 2 to 3 left of what they have stocks for. I knew I had to act fast that instance.

Btw, what are the prices of Chanel items like in KL? I always assume that imported items cost a lot more over there?

12-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannonmars
Chanel doesn't carry ~that~ many wallets. What kind of wallets do you ladies use, and will plan to use with this purse? I really need a new one, preferably slim with a good 8-10 credit card slots. I'm embarrsed to say I use a Hello Kitty one!! Hehe!
This is my agnes b wallet bought from Hong Kong, love it, has so many slots for all my credit cards and business cards. Yet it's not expensive and I PINK. I really like wallets from agnes b coz they have lots of slots, very functional, cute and quality is good too. But I think their japanese-made wallets are only available in Asia. And the the pink will look nice with the grey 2.55 I think.

12-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghag21
The 2.55 is a great bag to inject that elegant touch into any outfit...day or night :p
I so agree with this. baghag21, so we are neighbour! I used to travel up to KL pretty often when my company opened our KL office last year. How many Chanel stores you got there? I always go to the one at KLCC. You mentioned you have a S'pore SA, so I assume you always visit S'pore too?

BTW chiangsi1980, our local store still stocks the red 2.55 that you got. Saw it when I was there to view the re-issue yesterday.

12-08-2005
front row

This is the wallet I'm currently using. Got this pretty long ago. It has six CC slots and a coin compartment. The only complain about this wallet is that it has only one billfold compartment. I prefer two.
I have no idea how the black dot comes about. Argh. And I don't think I'll be able to get it off.

12-08-2005
trendsetter

^ Pretty wallets girls! Queenie, is that red patent leather?

I'm thinking I need something black and simple. I see that Mademoiselle verticle quilting line has wallets.

12-08-2005
front row

i just called my SA in H.K. and she said it only has 3 size of 2.55. (small, medium and large/black, white, grey)

lucky that Chanel HK all stocks here now. she said since the 2.55 is really hot, after this or next week probably need to put the name on the waiting list and we don't need to pay 50% deposite.

i am really exciting now coz i will go to the Chanel boutique today and see the real stuffs!

Last edited by jaymee; 12-08-2005 at 03:02 AM.

12-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee
i just called my SA in Hong Kong and she said we only have 3 size of 2.55 here. (small, medium and large/black, white, grey)

lucky that we have all stocks here now. she said the 2.55 is really hot, after this or next week probably need to put on the waiting list but we don't need to pay 50%deposite for the bag even on waiting list.

i am really exciting now coz i will go to the Chanel boutique today and see the real stuffs!
So you are going to get yours today??

12-08-2005
front row

I hope to get one!
I am still planning what color should I get?
The grey one is unique and black looks good for day & evening.

12-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannonmars
^ Pretty wallets girls! Queenie, is that red patent leather?

I'm thinking I need something black and simple. I see that Mademoiselle verticle quilting line has wallets.
Sorry, it must be the poor lighting. It's actually a pink.

Yeah I do think that the new Mademoiselle line has very simple yet pretty wallets from what Hugo M had posted earlier in the "Chanel 2005 New Bags" thread.

12-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
I hope to get one!
You mean they have the BAGS in stock NOW in HK?? O, how come the US is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow in getting their stock!!!

How much are they in HK, you know?

I am thinking they should be cheaper than in the US, at least no sales tax!

12-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
I hope to get one!
Like others have said, perhaps let the hardware color decide for you? You'll probably be drawn to one or the other in person. That is how it was for me!

I emailed Hugo M to ask him questions, he never got back to me. Hmm.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
05, 255, bag, chanel, fall, reissue