How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-07-2006
backstage pass

I have the black/black calf CC Bowler and find the CC shows up nicely. I actually prefer that it blends in with the bag versus being "in your face". Here's some pics. I suspect the black patent would be more visible since mine is the same leather throughout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ChanelBowlerSit.JPG (67.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg ChanelBowlerShoulder2.JPG (68.6 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by roey; 08-07-2006 at 06:05 PM.

08-07-2006
trendsetter

^^That is nice, I like the black-on-black alot more too. I have never seen it before.

And your multi-pocket is gorgeous too. Great color. It looks huge though! But I like huge bags.

08-07-2006
backstage pass

Thank you! The Multipocket is more bulky than big. It's a clumsy bag because it sticks out and bangs up against things. It's actually easier to carry on the arm than shoulder. But I still adore it!

08-07-2006
windowshopping

Thanks roey and DP_woman! I think I will go with the black and patent long wallet!! I can't wait to hold it in my hot little hands

09-07-2006
front row

I have a black Cambon with white CCs and the white does get dingy looking; i had a matching wallet and sold it because it was too small to hold my stuff and i handled the white part on the wallet way more than the bag and it was in really bad shape. Before I sold it I cleaned it up with some Apple Guard products and it looked better but still not perfect. I definitely do NOT recommend white CCs on the wallet. However you dont touch it on the bag exterior as much and with proper care I havent had a problem keeping the white CC on my bag looking nice.
I agree the white CC is more noticeable/ostentatious...therefore some will prefer the black-on-black combo more because its there but not screaming it to the world. That all depends on your preference. The style of the bag, the quilting etc. make it clear that it is Chanel regardless of the color of the CC. I wouldn't not choose white CCs on a bag because of fear of it getting dirty though...use minimal precautions and you will be fine. I personally like the black/white combo because I like wearing it with black/white shoes and it just makes it unique to the multitude of all black bags I have.

09-07-2006
trendsetter

^^I agree, people are STILL going to know its Chanel regardless. Now Im thinking of getting the cambon tote. black with white CCs. But I love the color Roeys got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roey
Thank you! The Multipocket is more bulky than big. It's a clumsy bag because it sticks out and bangs up against things. It's actually easier to carry on the arm than shoulder. But I still adore it!
It actually looks bigger when its on your forearm! I felt like I saw the REAL size then. Its fabulous on your shoulder though. Do you use the pockets on the outside??

09-07-2006
backstage pass

No, I haven't had a use for the outside pockets yet. I heard Chanel downsized the Reporter for fall but not sure if that is true.

08-08-2006
windowshopping

Need some help from anyone I want to buy a cambon bag in white black but not sure which style to buy, I need one that is not to small and to be practical. Any advice would be great

25-08-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy1
Need some help from anyone I want to buy a cambon bag in white black but not sure which style to buy, I need one that is not to small and to be practical. Any advice would be great
I have the pouchette - black with white CC's, to match my Chanel ballet slippers. It's small, but I find it holds everything I need for a night out (wallet, lipstick, keys). I really love the multi-pocket, but the pouchette was more in line with my budget.

I'm going to Woodbury Commons tomorrow and can't wait to see what they have at the Chanel outlet!

27-08-2006
windowshopping

thanks for ur advice i bought the medium tote shopper in black and white and it is great as i can fit all my junk in it! I'm gonna get the purse to match it

31-08-2006
windowshopping

Has anyone seen this bag before? I got it for a very good price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0563.JPG (198.6 KB, 0 views)

01-09-2006
front row

^^ is that the fanny pack?

01-09-2006
windowshopping

I think it is I ssaw the model wear it tied arounddher waist.How much did u get it for?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, cambon, chanel, ligne