Chanel will no longer repair bags more than five years old - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-10-2015
#Resist

I am not sorry I was short on witnesses Only the dogs were there, and they were already freaking out about the terrible storm

27-10-2015
boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Five years ... I spit on five years
This needs to be on a t-shirt. I'd buy it.

front row

This, along with blacklisting some customers, is a strategy to stop the big amount of resellers of designer bags out there; the problem is the fact that It affects the loyal costumers too. It's not an insane idea that someone suddenly had either, Hermès is slowly introducing this plan too.

27-10-2015
fashion elite

I believe this strategy is more for their classic bags than for their seasonal bags.
I've heard that the quality of their classics has declined a bit but their seasonal bags are still top quality.

I have the Cassette clutch from ss2004 and it's still intact.

Their loyal customers are collecting their bags with a heavy rotation. I believe they will not have to do so much repairs...

27-10-2015
#Resist

I'm beginning to think the house of Chanel is as shallow as some of its best-known designers

27-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusFinch View Post
No one has mentioned how stupid CC's repair process was/is anyway.
SIX MONTHS WAIT and you get NO price estimation until it's in Paris and being serviced. So your bag can be gone for a year. And oops it's damaged on its return.
Well poor you then.
Really? You had to pay for the repair on top of it? I though it would be for free… this decision now makes no kind of sense to me now. Just petty and driven by greed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Five years is the same timeframe Ethan Allen guarantees their furniture for (a brand I have sworn to never buy from again after my bed collapsed at 2 am in perfect synchrony with a huge thunderclap--after, naturally, the guarantee had run out).

Even middle-bracket mattresses have 10 year warranties…

#Resist

I owned a lot of Dooney & Bourke when I was younger ... every bag had a lifetime guarantee, although the reality was that the quality they produce was never going to last any kind of normal lifetime. But the deal was that you sent your item in, they would repair or replace (in my case it was replace every time), and that meant 50% of the current retail of that bag or similar toward any new bag of your choice. I thought then and still do that this was a good deal. Unfortunately my taste outgrew them + they started targeting the tween market. Don't know if they still offer this guarantee that's so much better than what Chanel offers?

27-10-2015

^Utter zing…

fashion elite

This sounds horrible. I am sure there was a better way to handle re-sellers stealing their business, for example introduce the 'receipt only' strategy without the 5 year bulls*it.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlekindearrabal View Post
Really? You had to pay for the repair on top of it? I though it would be for free… this decision now makes no kind of sense to me now. Just petty and driven by greed.
Yes you have to pay. Same with Hermes.
Neither repairs things free of charge.

28-10-2015
#Resist

Considering that bags can get heavy use, I think charging is reasonable.

Imagine if Mercedes or Jaguar announced that their dealers would no longer service cars more than 5 years old, and then only if you were the original owner.

28-10-2015
backstage pass

Gucci customer wants refund for 'fragile' $800 bag

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...-1226678986304

Quote:
His case comes as a Chanel customer takes similar tribunal action over claims her $5000 black lambskin handbag is substandard. Noble Park woman Phung Nguyen bought her bag in December 2011 from the boutique label, and has complained to VCAT of pilling and fading.

Chanel bosses told a recent tribunal hearing the bag wasn't defective, and blamed wear and tear.

That matter has been adjourned so an expert witness can prepare an independent report on the bag.

28-10-2015
backstage pass

Chanel relies on its reputation from 10 years ago. The quality has been atrocious for almost 10 years now.

Show me ONE customer who bought something post GFC that has not had an issue with their products.

29-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusFinch View Post
Chanel relies on its reputation from 10 years ago. The quality has been atrocious for almost 10 years now.

Show me ONE customer who bought something post GFC that has not had an issue with their products.
what's GFC?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, chanel, longer, repair, years