How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-07-2005
tfs star

Hepcat you are too much...relax and enjoy your gorgeous bag!!

05-07-2005
rising star

Not anymore...NAP is sold out of all those colors I swear I must have the SLOWEST reflexes...and its Tuesday, not Wednesday, darn it! Lucie at NAP said to look on Wednesdays Okay I've had a hard day at work I'm going to go out for a drink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagpsycho
hello, i've also been a lurker for about a week since i discovered this thread....after resisting for months i've almost given in and am looking to buy a paddington in the craie...but i was wondering if someone could tell me what the lining looks like in the medium craie? i know it's similar to cotton khaki pants fabric, but does it have a striped appearance created by variations in fabric color? or is the lining a uniform color? thanks!

by the way....black, red, chocolate and khaki are available on NAP now! unfortunately, i don't want any of those colors...

05-07-2005
backstage pass

The bag looks gorgeous but they are sold on on net-a-porter.
How much were they going for?

05-07-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfashion
The bag looks gorgeous but they are sold on on net-a-porter.
How much were they going for?
$1380. You can get these bags from Neimans in Chicago although you may have to put your name on a list.

05-07-2005
backstage pass

Thanks cougess

06-07-2005
fashion elite

Why is Chloe confusing us??!!! I sometimes think that the bags that they are selling now are fake just to satisfy the demand of the customers!!!

P.s : I never saw the Chloe Paddington on NAP on Tuesday although I was navigating the site and checked Chloe but there was no sign of Chloe Paddington bags.

06-07-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcisima
Why is Chloe confusing us??!!! I sometimes think that the bags that they are selling now are fake just to satisfy the demand of the customers!!!

P.s : I never saw the Chloe Paddington on NAP on Tuesday although I was navigating the site and checked Chloe but there was no sign of Chloe Paddington bags.
I don't quite follow what you are saying? Do you mean that Chloe have had a cheaper and inferior line of Paddingtons run off just to fill demand? Or that they have bought in a load of fakes and are selling them off as the real thing? Why would they do that? People are always going to wait for the bag if they really want it, and in fact having less bags seems to actually feed the demand, up to a point.

Personally, I don't think the minor variations in the bag- little things like zippers, slight differences in color, etc. are a problem or should be taken as some sort of barometer of authenticity (as long as you know the bag came from a reputable source, why worry?). Particularly with leather bags there is always going to be some differences in the leather itself- NAP themselves make that clear on their site with the bag description. I saw all the bags listed under "Shoulder Bags"- they don't seem to keep them in the "Chloe Boutique" section for some reason. I've noticed they also seem to take down the listings not long after they sell out so maybe they were gone by the time you checked? Stealth Paddington Tuesday, those sneaky Napsters!

06-07-2005
tfs star

"Stealth Paddington Tuesday",I love it!!! That was very unfair to those who are still waiting to get one and whom THEY told to keep watching on Wednesdays.I guess that by doing this kind of thing they want to ensure that everyone checks their site every day,and incidentally buys a whole lot of other stuff while they're at it.

While the Paddingtons were still available,they weren't even listed under "What's new this week". Only under Shoulder Bags.

About the variations,as I said before,it means each bag is unique and as long as you bought yours from a reputable dealer there is no need to obsess about it.Chloe is not going to be so idiotic as to sell fake bags.And yes,at NAP.com they say individual variations may occur.

I mean,a slouchy,battered looking leather bag is different to an always-the-same LV monogram specimen.Thank goodness.

06-07-2005
fashion elite

Stealth Paddington Tuesday whats that?

06-07-2005
backstage pass

Must say I love the red. I love the cream. And I definitely like the Paddington better than Silverado.
Now, where do I come up with $1400+

06-07-2005
Frozen irony.

I saw a dark brown Paddington just sitting there at Selfridges, no-one even glanced at it.

I think that it might be a bit over-hyped.

06-07-2005
fashion elite

My friend and I had an endless obsession about Paddington bags since early March…She always wanted one in tan colour…I placed an order for one…and she just called me just now..telling me that she is sick of seeing Paddington all around and its not a unique bag anymore…I told her it’s a beautiful bag…she said beautiful yes and very common too…

06-07-2005
fashion elite

umm lots people don't like the Dk brown but I love it. The colour is beautiful and rich, the dye is much better than the last season. And it suits me perfectly for winter months here.

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

06-07-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcisima
My friend and I had an endless obsession about Paddington bags since early March…She always wanted one in tan colour…I placed an order for one…and she just called me just now..telling me that she is sick of seeing Paddington all around and its not a unique bag anymore…I told her it’s a beautiful bag…she said beautiful yes and very common too…
If I love the bag I don't care what others said coz they are not the ones who carrying the bag but I'm. So it doesn't make any different for me and it will not change how I feel about the bag.... if only I love that bag Well all of the IT bag(s)none of them unique anyway.

If you buy a bag because someone tell you that it's nice but you don't really love it then you are wasting your money...you should buy it because you love it.

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

Last edited by klow-chloe'; 06-07-2005 at 08:58 AM.

06-07-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by klow-chloe'
If I love the bag I don't care what others said coz they are not the ones who carrying the bag but I'm. So it doesn't make any different for me and it will not change how I feel about the bag.... if only I love that bag Well all of the IT bag(s)none of them unique anyway.

If you buy a bag because someone tell you that it's nice but you don't really love it then you are wasting your money...you should buy it because you love it.
I said my friend NOT I…I personally think its beautiful and its unique its in own way…thank you klow-chloe for the update …sometimes ppl over-value their comments…J

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2010, bags, chloë, february, march, paddington