How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-07-2005
rising star

What sucks is that I actually checked NAP's "What's New this week" yesterday morning (it would have been early afternoon in the U.K.) and there was nothing whatsoever about Chloe Paddingtons....the only reason I even found out hours later that same day was because Bagpsycho mentioned it on this thread. Oooh those sneaky Napsters...Stealth Paddington Tuesday indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkyCool
"Stealth Paddington Tuesday",I love it!!! That was very unfair to those who are still waiting to get one and whom THEY told to keep watching on Wednesdays.I guess that by doing this kind of thing they want to ensure that everyone checks their site every day,and incidentally buys a whole lot of other stuff while they're at it.

While the Paddingtons were still available,they weren't even listed under "What's new this week". Only under Shoulder Bags.

About the variations,as I said before,it means each bag is unique and as long as you bought yours from a reputable dealer there is no need to obsess about it.Chloe is not going to be so idiotic as to sell fake bags.And yes,at NAP.com they say individual variations may occur.

I mean,a slouchy,battered looking leather bag is different to an always-the-same LV monogram specimen.Thank goodness.

06-07-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcisima
Why is Chloe confusing us??!!! I sometimes think that the bags that they are selling now are fake just to satisfy the demand of the customers!!!

P.s : I never saw the Chloe Paddington on NAP on Tuesday although I was navigating the site and checked Chloe but there was no sign of Chloe Paddington bags.
what?? and I have no idea why you weren't able to find the bags because I ckecked and found them easily. unfortunately, I don't want another one.

06-07-2005
V.I.P.

hm do you think at this point, it would be wise to put a paddington up on ebay? it looks like there's so many fakes and yet still people are bidding on the fakes (probably because they don't know... and/or the low price?). my friend suggested craig's list but that system always seemed a bit shady to me

06-07-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
hm do you think at this point, it would be wise to put a paddington up on ebay? it looks like there's so many fakes and yet still people are bidding on the fakes (probably because they don't know... and/or the low price?). my friend suggested craig's list but that system always seemed a bit shady to me
I don't see it as a problem since most of the fakes are obviously fakes (i.e., selling for ridiculously low prices). as a comparison, I sold my entire LV collection on eBay despite the fact that there are many more fakes out there (and people are aware of it). you should be able to set your auction apart from the fake ones. go for it. the worst that can happen is it won't sell. I love craig's list, but I don't think it's as good for small luxury items such as this.

06-07-2005
V.I.P.

urgh i wish i was more ebay savvy... i've never sold anything on ebay.

06-07-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dospuppies
dospuppies - did the catalogue sales rep tell you if BG would be carrying chloe bags on its website anymore?

06-07-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dospuppies
BTW - as of 2 minute ago, this link was still working for anyone that wants to order a cognac paddington. No picture shows up but you can put the bag in your cart and order it.

07-07-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougess
BTW - as of 2 minute ago, this link was still working for anyone that wants to order a cognac paddington. No picture shows up but you can put the bag in your cart and order it.
since BG doesn't have the picture, does anyone know what exactly is "cognac" color? could it be referring to the "tan/naturel" or "chocolate brown?"
i can't seem to find the "cognac" color in any chloe website or catalogue...

07-07-2005
scenester

Cognac?
since BG doesn't have the picture, does anyone know what exactly is "cognac" color? could it be referring to the "tan/naturel" or "chocolate brown?"

07-07-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina88
Why don't you give BG a call and ask what exactly the cognac colour. I haven't seen any picture of this bag in cognac from anywhere

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

07-07-2005
V.I.P.

i hate how saks and alot of dept stores calls anything brownish "cognac", so it doesn't really match up to what boutiques call them. i was so confused when i got my silverado last fall because they kept calling it cognac...
when my saks SA called me about a tan he was calling it "mustard"... forgot what he called the dark brown one.

07-07-2005
fashion elite

Off topic like your new avatar - meowmix. Who is she?

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

07-07-2005
fashion elite

she looks like kate winslet

07-07-2005
offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
i hate how saks and alot of dept stores calls anything brownish "cognac", so it doesn't really match up to what boutiques call them. i was so confused when i got my silverado last fall because they kept calling it cognac...
when my saks SA called me about a tan he was calling it "mustard"... forgot what he called the dark brown one.

It's so sad(kinda) that they do this... but dressing up colors by slapping a fancy name on them starts out at the design office.

Anything that remotely resembles brown is often called cognac... anything that is greenish is called sage. etc. etc. etc. etc.

07-07-2005
rising star

I'm pretty sure the Cognac is the dark brown, I saw it listed somewhere as the brown... can't remember where...

As for ebay, I'm a huge ebay fan, I sell a lot of stuff from my closet on there to clean out (and make money for new things!) It's fun and fairly easy, and my stuff has always sold well. That's how I funded my new Paddington!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2010, bags, chloŽ, february, march, paddington