How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-03-2005
windowshopping

Singerson:

Actually, I got pretty lucky...the day that i sent in my credit card info (btw, i sent the info via email...i know...very dangerous, but i didn't have access to a fax machine at that time...and i wanted to secure the bag immediately...) was the day the shipment actually arrived (it was originally planned for end of March as well but it came early) so basically they just charged it and sent it out the same day....that's why i really recommend (if you're still interested in the Paddington of course...Silverado is also a gorgeous bag..but a little more on the fancy side for my taste..) that you just do a pre-payment because it really doesn't take that long..even if they don't have any immediate stock, you will sure get it by the end of March which is only three weeks....it beats alot of other dept. store which may takes months....of course, this is just my opinion....

11-03-2005
Of too many minds

Blush:

Did you get an email notification from net-a-porter about your Paddington?
I am on the pre-payment list too but they were having problems charging my credit card so the SA that I was communicating with called me.
I cleared the matter with my bank and told them to charge my card, but I haven't received any email notification about my order.

I called the SA back and she told me she was not sure what was going on, but she would help me look into it.

I sure hope things get sorted out on this...if not the service from net-a-porter is really disappointing

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

11-03-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerson
Thanks girl! I am going to keep trying, they emailed me about being on there pre-payment list but unfortunately I was out of town and couldn't get the fax out. Did they just notify you when the bag was in and charge your card, no worries, no hassle?? I would love it if that was the case. Right now I am on there wait list for a Tan Silverado but they aren't accepting pre-payments for them, what do you think that means?? I am not really sure how this is going to work.
so this pre-payment list was a waitlist? or was it an advance order where you were guaranteed a bag? NAP told me they don't have a waitlist -- am I being schnookered?

11-03-2005
Of too many minds

^

Er...when I first emailed net-a-porter if there was a waitlist for the Paddington, they told me there was.

They also emailed me when they started to put the bags on pre-payment.....

11-03-2005
fashion elite

actually, what they told me when I asked a couple weeks ago if they were getting more bags was they had closed the waitlist because of the exceptionally high demand. so I guess that's consistent with your situation. I think I need to start obsessing about a new bag -- this is making me crazy.

11-03-2005
windowshopping

Chiangsi1980:

yes, i got the notification almost immediately...they will send you first an order confirmation, then a 2nd email that states that your order will be shipped out right after they confirm the address and personal info w/ your bank, and third will be an order invoice..and last but not least, the dispatch email that states order is being shipped out w/ the dhl tracking #. i hope this answers your question....as for the PS at NAP, they're usually really prompt and helpful..i would just keep emailing or call them (remember to ask for who ever that was taking your order just to avoid confusion..) and see whats going on....it's very rare that situation like yours happen there cause they're pretty professional....haha...maybe there is just too many orders being processed for the Paddingtons at the same time...don't know..just guessing...

meeyowsa:

NAP usually take waitlists for items that are sold out and on the way...however, if the item is highly coveted and there are just too many people asking for it, they'd ask for a pre-payment just to make sure that you really want the bag....the pre-payment pretty much guarantee you the bag if your credit card transaction goes through and you receive a confirmation. HOWEVER, under special conditions that the orders that come in has flaws in which they will not be able to sell the item and there is not enough in that shipment to cover your order, you credit will thus be refunded.....

ok..i feel like i'm writing an essay....hahah..sorry guys...

11-03-2005
fashion elite

hurrah! I am no longer at the mercy of NAP's server or surly SA's -- my paddington is on its way!!

11-03-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeyowsa
hurrah! I am no longer at the mercy of NAP's server or surly SA's -- my paddington is on its way!!
Hey meeyosa I just pmed you oh you getting your paddington from neta porter ? They still have some?

11-03-2005
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blush
Chiangsi1980:

yes, i got the notification almost immediately...they will send you first an order confirmation, then a 2nd email that states that your order will be shipped out right after they confirm the address and personal info w/ your bank, and third will be an order invoice..and last but not least, the dispatch email that states order is being shipped out w/ the dhl tracking #. i hope this answers your question....as for the PS at NAP, they're usually really prompt and helpful..i would just keep emailing or call them (remember to ask for who ever that was taking your order just to avoid confusion..) and see whats going on....it's very rare that situation like yours happen there cause they're pretty professional....haha...maybe there is just too many orders being processed for the Paddingtons at the same time...don't know..just guessing...
Yup..that's what I am doing now.
I feel that these kind of things shouldn't even be happening with net-a-porter, it just seems so unprofessional.

They haven't been giving me an answer of any sort at all and the person who has promised to look into has not contacted me for 2 days.

This is ridiculous...I need to know whether I got the bag or not, just so that I can move on.

11-03-2005
kabhi alvida

Quote:
Originally Posted by impossibleprincess
wow. that really is mad. I really want to know who snapped them all up, I haven't seen anyone with one in person....a little bit of it is hype though-when you can't get something, you want it more...in my case anyway.
thing is, I live in central london, and I'm always in notting hill, which should really be balenciaga/chloe kingdom. But the day i posted that post above, i went late night shopping and saw a girl with a black paddington.

11-03-2005
Adorable illusion

Chiangsi - I wouldnt worry about net a porter, they are normally quite professional in my experience of shopping with them. Its probably just that the Paddingtons are causing a lot of chaos.

Hope you girls get your bags soon!

11-03-2005
sec
rising star

I bought a small Paddington (east west) from net a porter. I am loving it!!!

11-03-2005
fashion elite

I assume you got the cream? isn't it a hot color?

11-03-2005
sec
rising star

It rocks! BUT I love my dark brown equally. God, I already spent too much on handbags this season. Got to save some for FW.

11-03-2005
fashion elite

me too -- I have to stop (but I CAN'T!) one question: have you had the bag treated to ward off stains? the only light colored bag I have is white and I'm terrified when I use it (like DON'T TOUCH!)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2010, bags, chloŽ, february, march, paddington