How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-03-2005
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammgal
HELLO
just wanted to get some opinions from those who have seen the paddington bag. which color is nicer the creme or brown. i'm from canada so i won't be able to see the actual bag but it looks nice and a good size just can't decide on the color
thanks
It really depends on what you prefer - brown is more vintage-like
cream to me is more of a sophisticated color.

16-03-2005
front row

I bought the smaller Paddington slouch bag last week from Harrods in the Vanilla - I would say it is the best colour as the details show up so much better. I love it soooo much...

Pre-ordered from luisaviaroma yesterday for a Paddington in one of the new summer colours....had an e-mail today to say the order was fine and i will be definately getting the bag..

16-03-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbradshaw
Pre-ordered from luisaviaroma yesterday for a Paddington in one of the new summer colours....had an e-mail today to say the order was fine and i will be definately getting the bag..
which color? they told me they only have black (yech), brown, khaki (yech yech) and white left.

I agree that it all boils down to your personal taste -- and some people can't handle a light colored bag. me, I love the cream -- it's my fave. the dark brown is my second fave and tan third. but that's me -- you have to decide what color works for you. I wear a lot of black and white and my clothes lean toward classic rather than trendy so cream meshes better with my wardrobe.

16-03-2005
front row

I dont think you will approve...I ordered the Khaky

It looks like a deep bloe on the pic tho....I might change it to another colour tho....

Do you have a paddington already? I am also on a waiting list for a medium tan in Liberty's

16-03-2005
fashion elite

hey -- what do I know? khaki is just a color I don't like in general -- makes me look dead. maybe it looks nice in person (can't tell anything from the website). and assuming chloe has their colors right, khaki is nowhere near blue -- it's a greenish brown, like army fatigues. sounds unappealing just typing this.

anyway, no paddington yet -- it's en route. can't wait! I've been distracting myself by trying to track down an original dior saddle bag (which is like finding the holy grail).

16-03-2005
front row

Yes I thought Khaky was an army green, but on the pics it looks like it is blue....I e-mailed them back to double check the colour...did they say the red was sold out?

16-03-2005
fashion elite

yes.

16-03-2005
fashion elite

the tan is very nice:

16-03-2005
front row

yes it is - I am on the waiting list in Liberty London for the medium tan..

looks like the Khaky pic has disappeared from the luisaviaroma site..

16-03-2005
fashion elite

a better choice IMO. and they probably took it down because everyone thought it was blue!

16-03-2005
fashion elite

FYI, there's a tan paddington on eBay currently at $2500 with four days left in the auction -- gaaa!

16-03-2005
front row

too late now - it is ordered

oh well...I might try and change to another colour

16-03-2005
V.I.P.

missbradshaw, don't worry i'm sure you'll be able to change to another color or even cancel... i ordered two and i cancelled one and they refunded my money.

16-03-2005
front row

why do this people pay way over the odds though??!! I just don't get it

16-03-2005
fashion elite

are you referring to the bidders on eBay?? if so then it's because they can't get a bag any other way and they'd rather (and can afford to) pay double than continue obsessing over it or making long distance calls to chloe boutiques around the world. people have literally gone insane over these bags. it's called "supply and demand."

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2010, bags, chloŽ, february, march, paddington