How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-03-2005
Adorable illusion

I like the small one, its called the east west bag i think. I think its cute to have the padlock on the side.

03-03-2005
front row

i am thinking about preordering one of the smalls or mediums.. hm

03-03-2005
windowshopping

does anyone know where i can get the paddington or the silverado in the dark brown in the medium size without snakeskin...i really want one adn i don't care how long i have to wait.......it's the only color i like in the bag..please help

03-03-2005
windowshopping

mianifashionista,
if you don't mind waiting till july, you can order a paddington from luisaviaroma they have this bag in dark brown.

03-03-2005
windowshopping

Sec,
Thanks for the link ! the paddington in Tan looks gorgeous, I just hope the real thing look just as good

03-03-2005
windowshopping

thank you soooo much jaijai

03-03-2005
windowshopping

does luisviaroma sell authentic stuff and do i have to pay all thje international fees???
jaijai how do i get on the list there is no thing for me to do internationl (usa)

03-03-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifashionista
does luisviaroma sell authentic stuff and do i have to pay all thje international fees???
jaijai how do i get on the list there is no thing for me to do internationl (usa)
they sell authentic stuff i hear....

04-03-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifashionista
Hi,
I didn't buy my bag from them, I bought it from Chloe. According the luisviaroma site you don't have to pay any VAT if you're in the US but you will be responsible for any US import tax, which you pay when your goods are delivered.

If I were you, I would write them an email and make sure about their terms and conditions before you place an order. You may well have to pay in advance as well. Are you sure you can't get this bag in the US? I don't really think this bag is all that hard to get, let me ask around and msg you later

04-03-2005
rising star

Bergdorf Goodman in NYC just received their shipment of black and cream medium Paddingtons.

I called last week to reserve a cream. However, I just got back from the store and ended up not buying the bag. I don't know if it's the cream color or not....but the bag is NOT attractive overall....the best part is the padlock...but that makes it a bit hard to get in and out of. I was rather disappointed.

The silverado is definitely a more attractive bag in my opinion.

By the way, if anyone's looking for a cream, try contacting Kim at BG ASAP....perhaps you can get the one I had on hold!

04-03-2005
Adorable illusion

^^ I love my Paddington, its meant to look vintage and worn in...even though it is not the most practical bag around!

Im starting to go off the silverado bag now because of all the fakes out now.

04-03-2005
windowshopping

Question?? is it stupid to get the cognac silverado without python..is it out of season and is it out of style already?

05-03-2005
backstage pass

Like Sugar - I have my concerns about the attractiveness of the Paddington. I have my name down for the Tan version here in Paris, and I was really desperate to get my hands on it. I am so crazy about bags - my name's on the list for the new red Chanel quilt classic bag and one of the catwalk versions of the LV Cerises as well, but it was the Paddington that I thought would be the best all-rounder as I can't afford all three!

However, having seen the smaller version in black, I am not sure if the worn-in leather is really my thing. I kind of looks as if the bag's been runover! That said I have seen the cream colboth the small and the medium, and while I didn't want the cream I definitely think the leather looks nicer in the lighter colour.
Obviously, it'll be great for some girls but my personal style is rather more uptight - chanel, hermes and Vuitton, and sometimes Prada, typically do it for me. I still want to see the tan bag when it comes in though, but I wouldn't buy it without seeing it first as you don't get the full impression from photos. Also here the prices seem to be all over the place!!!

05-03-2005
Adorable illusion

Grill, I agree! I didnt imagine the cream paddington to look nice until I saw it for myself! I think you're right though..the cream looks more sophisticated and the brown looks more vintage-y.

05-03-2005
rising star

^^the bag that was on hold for me and to which I was referring was the cream color. I didn't find it sophisticated at all....actually rather blah.

Oh well, guess the paddington's just not my cup of tea.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2010, bags, chloŽ, february, march, paddington