How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-03-2005
Adorable illusion

Different strokes for different folks hey

05-03-2005
Of too many minds

One more alternative for all the gals who are still looking for their Paddingtons...net-a-porter is taking pre-payment for the Paddingtons now.

So I guess if you do pre-payment, you should be guaranteed of getting one of these bags.

Btw, Vintage Princess, glad that you got your bag! I know this is a bit late, but I have been away for a while and just got back to reading this forum again.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

05-03-2005
windowshopping

chloe paddingtons are gorgeous. i cant wait to get one

05-03-2005
backstage pass

Just blew my chances of getting a Paddington! - bought a top in Hermes - the toile de jouy one Lily Cole wore on the catwalk for the spring/summer collection but in the blue colour. A complete impulse buy as I'd been planning on getting either the Paddington or the LV cerises deauville. Still may get the Deauville? I did see the small Paddington in tan in the Chloe faubourg St honore store - it is quite an orangy colour but very nice - definitely less vintage looking than the chocolate and the black. The saleswomen was so ready to let me know that the waiting lists were closed that she almost completely ignored my questions about how much bigger the medium - the "true" Paddington is. For your information it's the same length but slightly more broad/taller. Is it me or do the Chloe S/As in the Paris and London boutiques have an aloof sort of attitude - like they don't need your custom. I am sure it can't be the same all over the girls in Galeries Lafayette are sympa! Still like the Paddington - can't have everything.

05-03-2005
front row

i just put in my prepayment for a paddington.. in cream.. when i get it, i'll take pictures

Last edited by agathe; 05-03-2005 at 01:23 PM.

05-03-2005
front row

Just want to set the record on the Paddington
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my cream Paddy....more of a sand color, a bit darker than pictures show (which is fine with me). I LOVE the slouchy, relaxed look and feel of the bag - so late 60's-early 70's (which I lived through, so I am very used to slouchy, boho bags)!!!

NO - you don't have to "use" the padlock and keep the bag locked all the time....just re-attach the lock to the bag without using the leather tabs that are attached to the zippers - you can have the lock on, have the total look, and it doesn't have to BE LOCKED!!!! Previous posters have thought it might not be practical because of the lock, but they weren't able to play with the padlock feature. I also tightened the straps on either end at the top of the bag to the tightest hole on each strap, which draws the bag in more at the top (which I find makes it even more attractive).

It looks slouchy, but still retains it distinctive shape. The leather is buttery soft, pliable and very thick and looks like a small piece of luggage. This is one substantial bag and the only impractical feature about it is the heaviness of the padlock itself.....which I don't mind because it is just so funky!!!!

05-03-2005
Adorable illusion

Grill - I thought the same about the SAs in Chloe London, but actually I was wrong..they were not as rude as I thought they were. I was convinced the woman wouldnt bother give me a cll or even add me to the waitlist but she did so I felt bad for thinking she was kinda stuck up.
Handbagbabe - I agree with the luggage feel, well thats what Phoebe said herself in some interview about creating the Paddington.

05-03-2005
front row

I got my Paddington few days ago
I orderd my cream from net a porter
I noticed a lot of ppl have problems with the padlock
this is what I do though....

I basically just moved the padlock to the side
so it's easier for me to open the bag
I really like my bag, even though it's got a lot of "wrinkles" too ^^"

05-03-2005
fashion elite

is your cream paddington still on hold? I called BG's and was told none are available.

05-03-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeyowsa
is your cream paddington still on hold? I called BG's and was told none are available.
I called BG before too, they told me they're not carrying cream ones

05-03-2005
Of too many minds

^

A few weeks ago BG had the brown paddingtons on pre-order. They took it off their website and I think they may not offer them anymore.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

05-03-2005
windowshopping

Hello fellow Chloe fans,
For those of you in the US, I called my SA in Manhattan today about the status of the brown Paddingtons (I'm about #10 on the waitlist) and was told that the brown hadn't come in yet, but they were expecting them soon. I'm also pretty keen on the medium Fendi Spy (I know, I'm a traitor :-). Which would you get/wait for????

05-03-2005
V.I.P.

is practicality important for you? if so, then don't get the paddington.. it's just a cute 'it' bag

05-03-2005
front row

Hi Orchidlady.....what a dilemma....I LOVE both of those bags, but I have to agree with Meowmix.

Although I do so love my Paddingtons....gee, I am absolutely no help. You're asking a bag addict to choose between two fab bags!!!

05-03-2005
V.I.P.

if this is an "investment" for you and you're not in it just for the status... then don't get the paddington if you gotta choose one or the other. i have the spy bag but i'm also getting the paddington just cuz i think it's cute.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2010, bags, chloŽ, february, march, paddington