How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-01-2006
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalie
My choco paddy from NAP is new season and the interior is black
Me too, I just got mine in December and the lining is dark brown/almost black, so it's important that you find out when she got it.

And not to go against everyone else, but this is what I think looks weird about the bag....

The stitching on mine is much darker colored, not nearly as white as yours, could just be the lighting of the picture.

For the hardware, the little square-shaped things at the base of the handle, mine are way squatter and thicker than yours. So there is not as much distance between the handle and the round part that is sewn on the bag. Also, on that round part, the vertical strip that is a couple of inches long, is much longer and skinnier on yours than mine.

It could just be the pictures, can you take a close up of that part??

Hope that make sense!

06-01-2006
front row

Has the news of Phoebe's exit from the house of C been posted here yet? I'm curious to see whether this will result in another dozen paddy & silverado variations...

06-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa
Me too, I just got mine in December and the lining is dark brown/almost black, so it's important that you find out when she got it.

And not to go against everyone else, but this is what I think looks weird about the bag....

The stitching on mine is much darker colored, not nearly as white as yours, could just be the lighting of the picture.

For the hardware, the little square-shaped things at the base of the handle, mine are way squatter and thicker than yours. So there is not as much distance between the handle and the round part that is sewn on the bag. Also, on that round part, the vertical strip that is a couple of inches long, is much longer and skinnier on yours than mine.

It could just be the pictures, can you take a close up of that part??

Hope that make sense!
One good thing about the black lining is it will not get dirty as fast as the lighter one.

Also, on the fakes. Look at the rings on the zippers. The fakes that I've seen the ring is cheap. On the real bags, the ring is substantial and has an indented area where the ring fits into the zipper.

Check there.

06-01-2006
tfs star

yeah i was also looking at the stitching, the strip and the color of the leather.. but i think it might just be the way it was photographed bc the strip does look longer from an angle and every photo of the choco in different lighting i have saved on my HD doesn't appear the same shade at all..

sarah - there weren't any noir paddys with silver hardware to my knowledge.. the closest would be the anthracite which has a metallic sheen. since they chip so badly anyway, you could probably get a noir paddy and let the hardware chip into silver and voila!.. ... ... ..ok.. bad joke.. *slinks away*

finde - i always assumed phoebe didn't have much to do with the accessories range except give a little input and then take the credit for it.. don't know.. near the beginning of this thread, we still thought there were only going to be 8000 paddys total with some boutiques receiving only 3 at a time.. if that were still true, i wonder how much % of that figure would be owned by TFSers

Last edited by Pinky*; 06-01-2006 at 12:55 PM.

06-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by chic_chick
hi findesiecle, is there any chloe store in japan? do they cost as much as this website?? http://www.rakuten.co.jp/tocopacific/769934/769935/ .. sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koeeeeee
I think findesiecle mentioned earlier that they were opening a Chloe boutique in Tokyo early Jan (about now!)..but I've just been to Osaka and the prices there are way expensive...there were no paddingtons but the ON SALE medium python silverado there was about US$2,400 i think...I'd try the online stores...
chic, koeeeeee (how many e's are there?? ) is right about the price. it used to be around 176,000 yen and then they increased it to 184,800 for f/w 05. regular paddies still retail around the latter, while the metallics are 210,000. unless the conversion rate is in your favour, you'd probably be better off getting it from European online sites/stores where they'll do a VAT refund. now, toco (the website) and other online stores based here further mark them up like whoa! i posted this before, but i saw toco selling stella for H&M stuff at 200 quid a pop. when i heard that they contributed to the whole saga by having buyers pick up pieces from 4 cities around the world, i vowed that i'd never buy anything from them...still, they're good for ref as in you can actually see a good number of these bags in their store.
oh and the new flagship store is set to open on the 14th and it's just down the road from toco.

ETA: apart from the new Chloe store, there are, I think, a handful of Chloe boutiques plus numerous shops that carry the label.

Last edited by findesiecle; 06-01-2006 at 01:13 PM.

06-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky*
finde - i always assumed phoebe didn't have much to do with the accessories range except give a little input and then take the credit for it.. don't know.. near the beginning of this thread, we still thought there were only going to be 8000 paddys total with some boutiques receiving only 3 at a time.. if that were still true, i wonder how much % of that figure would be owned by TFSers
between tFSers plus the lurkers, it's almost scary to contemplate...even more so if we were to include b-bags and spy bags in that survey...

06-01-2006
V.I.P.

*faints* I love it in mousse!

06-01-2006
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitteen
Ooohhh, thanks for the help and the welcome- this is the first pic of the bag- will post others if needed but a little cautious as I don't want nasty ebay sellers stealing the pics if it is indeed real.
Just remember to watermark your pictures if you're worried about that

06-01-2006
windowshopping

I really hope not! I personally feel Paddingtons are now everywhere and so accessible now and are losing the special feeling of owning one. I can't imagine how many more variations and colors they are going to produce! It is taking away from the "specialness" of the bag, no?

06-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by airress
I really hope not! I personally feel Paddingtons are now everywhere and so accessible now and are losing the special feeling of owning one. I can't imagine how many more variations and colors they are going to produce! It is taking away from the "specialness" of the bag, no?
I agree, the bag is very easy to come by. Walk into Selfridges or Harvey Nichols, and you'll see stacks of Paddingtons. I think having to search for this bag, is what made finally owning one special...

06-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorella
I agree, the bag is very easy to come by. Walk into Selfridges or Harvey Nichols, and you'll see stacks of Paddingtons. I think having to search for this bag, is what made finally owning one special...
Oh, that's really not my problem. I've only seen an authentic Paddington once, in a store in Stockholm, Sweden. And I've never seen anybody with one. Never.
So it's still kinda magical for me.

/Gonatcha

06-01-2006
scenester

Well I am beside myself because I will finally have my much lusted after cream paddington here sometime next week!

I got mine from NAP and it is stated colour-wise as white, but I wanted the cream/off white one and rang NAP to confirm it was this and it is (swoon!).

Any tips on keeping the leather clean? xx

06-01-2006
backstage pass

Why So Costly
Hey..I just saw that new paddingtons are coming in.

Last season same bags/colors were $1200. Now they are $1500.

Why the increase? Anyone knows?

Also, what colors are coming in this season? So far, I have sen whiskey and ivory.

06-01-2006
scenester

Hey all,

I'm a newbie on this site, and I was wondering if anybody help me get my hands on a mini/baby paddington. I saw the gold and silver ones listed on the LV site, but I'm looking for a more "day" colour...any colour but black, gold, and silver would work.

Any suggestions on where else I should look?

Thanks!
mTaz

Last edited by mTaz; 06-01-2006 at 04:11 PM.

07-01-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chic_chick
thank you for the tip! i've emailed chloe headoffice n Heather or Helen mentioned that they do sell it in Perth. I'm gonna drop by there as soon as i land nxt mth!! can't wait! but anyway, it's not popular in perth so i hope to be one of the first carrying it.. hehee
I would be very surprise if you can get it cheaper in Perth rather than order it from LVR. Most of the boutiques here include David Jones are selling paddington at around aud$2295+ and this was the price from the last two seasons and not the new price that has been increased.

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2010, bags, chloŽ, february, march, paddington