How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-01-2006
front row

Hi all,

New to Paddingtons here and I don't own one but have always thought of them in the back of my mind. Never felt one or seen one IRL.

Sooo. I've gone and done it. I pre-ordered a whisky paddington from NM. I was just innocently browsing their handbag selection. I swear, my hands had a mind of their own. Next thing I know, I was already putting my CC back in my wallet.

Anyone already pre-ordered theirs on the NM site and already received it?

07-01-2006
scenester

I'm a newbie here too. If you want to see what are the latest colours for Spring/Summer 2006, you should visit the official Chloe website.

I just got myself the light blue (looks like grey) paddy from On Pedder, a high-end boutique in Singapore and Hong Kong. I scrutinised it and compared it with many pictures of the bag on eBay, just to satisfy my curiosity where the differences or rather give-aways would be. I have to say that the fakes are very well made, and not unless you have a genuine one and a fake one side by side to compare, it is not easy to tell one from the other.

Having said that, I have found a few key aspects worth looking at:-

1) Leather softness - the leather on the genuine paddy is super soft which makes it very very slouchy. Place the bag on the table and the whole bag 'collapses' The boutique manager confirmed that this is the best tell-tale sign. The fake ones then to sit up a little or a lot.

2) The engraving/embossing of the brand name Chloe, well the font really is alot more delicate and slimmer than the ones found on the fakes. This, you would not know unless you have the genuine one.

3) Check the zippers that they are made by YKK (zipper maker). There is engravings on them.

4) The stitching on the real thing - the thread is thicker

5) Lastly, the sellers on eBay would hate me for this - it seems that the genuine paddy does NOT have serial numbers inside the bag.

Everything that you think should come with a genuine paddy e.g. care card, tag, etc (including a reproduced receipt), the fake ones have them.

Last edited by mrssparkles; 07-01-2006 at 03:01 AM.

07-01-2006
front row

Some genuine paddys do have serial numbers...I think I have seen almost every colour IRL at some point, and the only one that did not have a serial number was the original (S/S 05) tan paddys. Does your new light blue not have a number?

All your other points are spot on tho!

'I like my money where I can see it - hanging in my closet'
Carrie Bradshaw

07-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbradshaw
Some genuine paddys do have serial numbers...I think I have seen almost every colour IRL at some point, and the only one that did not have a serial number was the original (S/S 05) tan paddys. Does your new light blue not have a number?

All your other points are spot on tho!
Mine doesn't. I was not totally sure about this aspect, which was why I could not be more certain in my post earlier.

07-01-2006
front row

I have two from NAP and they both have serial number tags.

07-01-2006
rising star

I need some urgent opinion..

about my defective bowler bag.. Jaybe told me.. Paris is gonna fix it.. YES!! They are not decided to replace a new one.. they gonna fix it..

So I said no and I dont want to wait 2 month for them to fix that defective bag..

So what I can do is either refund or exchange.. for exchange
they have whiskey bowler
original paddington in Cream, Baby Blue and Whiskey

If it is you, will u choose a cream paddington or other color? or refund?

I got a Tan paddy already which I am not very keen on whiskey color.

07-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherie

about my defective bowler bag.. Jaybe told me.. Paris is gonna fix it.. YES!! They are not decided to replace a new one.. they gonna fix it..

So I said no and I dont want to wait 2 month for them to fix that defective bag..

they have whiskey bowler

Creme paddington. That is a beautiful bag!!!

07-01-2006
Of too many minds

Cherie, unless you'll like the paddy in another colour, you'll probably be better off with a refund since you don't sound too keen on the whiskey bowler.

At least you'll still have the money to spend on another white bowler if you ever see one again..

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

07-01-2006
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky*
kitteen - if you still feel iffy, see if you can find a picture of the inside scoop of the handles.. seems so far so good though..

the chocos were different from season to season, no? i rbr in the first batches, the stitching wasn't so contrasted as the new ones are..
You are right Pinky*, my brown paddy's from the first batch and it looks differently from kitteen's.

kitteen, the leather and the stitching in your pictures looks a little off from my paddy, not to cause any alarm, this could be because they are from different batches.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

07-01-2006
windowshopping

my tan paddington has a serial number, not sure about my new white one as i gave it to my sister cause she was going out last nite, will check if it has a serial number when i get it back.

07-01-2006
front row

Quote:

they have whiskey bowler

i'd get a refund. then it will give you time to think about what you really want.

07-01-2006
front row

cherie- i would go for the refund if they don't have what you want.

what is everyone's opinion of the paddington camera bag. A person wears in like a messenger bag, correct? I really like it, but it seems a bit overpriced. does anyone here own one?

07-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by klow-chloe'
I would be very surprise if you can get it cheaper in Perth rather than order it from LVR. Most of the boutiques here include David Jones are selling paddington at around aud$2295+ and this was the price from the last two seasons and not the new price that has been increased.
thanks know-chloe! but i'll check it out first in perth and have a feel coz i never seen it IRL before. did u order from LVR too and had it shipped to Aus? hmm.. how long does it take to reach you? cheers, =)

07-01-2006
still here

Quote:

they have whiskey bowler

Were you the one that had the cell phone pocket upside down?? If so, definitely go for the refund, the "fixed" bag just won't be perfect no matter what, and I'm confident you will be able to find tha bag you want from other sources, instead of settling for a different bag just to have one.

07-01-2006
boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorella
I agree, the bag is very easy to come by. Walk into Selfridges or Harvey Nichols, and you'll see stacks of Paddingtons. I think having to search for this bag, is what made finally owning one special...

I know! I was in Intermix last night and there were about 10 paddingtons just waiting around. It was so strange, I remember having to get on a waiting list at Chloe just get mine and now they are just sitting on the shelves Perhaps a price break is on the horizon...if so I may just get a bowling paddington.

I wonder what new bag designs will emerge now that Phoebe Philo is leaving Chloe. Will the Paddington and Silverado remain as staples or will they be scraped in favor of new designs.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2010, bags, chloŽ, february, march, paddington