How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-02-2005
backstage pass

Chloe Paddington Bags (February 2005 - March 2010)
Hi everyone,
Well, the first Paddingtons have been posted on ebay, so we know where they are all heading, (although they do look absolutely amazing, swoon!!!) and the prices they are at already are unbelievable. Just got me to thinking, what is the most money you would spend on a handbag, if money was no object, or indeed, even if it was, would you go without other things to secure the bag of your dreams.

I am on the wait list for the tan version of the Paddington, which hopefully will be here in a few days, but no amount of money would make me sell it on after waiting for it for so long!

What are your thoughts, do we sometimes have more money than sense, or is high fashion worth every penny!!! A friday afternoon conundrum for you!

25-02-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe-Babe
Hi everyone,
Well, the first Paddingtons have been posted on ebay, so we know where they are all heading, (although they do look absolutely amazing, swoon!!!) and the prices they are at already are unbelievable. Just got me to thinking, what is the most money you would spend on a handbag, if money was no object, or indeed, even if it was, would you go without other things to secure the bag of your dreams.

I am on the wait list for the tan version of the Paddington, which hopefully will be here in a few days, but no amount of money would make me sell it on after waiting for it for so long!

What are your thoughts, do we sometimes have more money than sense, or is high fashion worth every penny!!! A friday afternoon conundrum for you!

these bags are so beautiful....

and they look sturdy!!

but are you seeing how much these are going for on ebay?

crazy!!

25-02-2005
windowshopping

I'm on the waiting list for a brown Paddington. Thing is, I was pretty calm about the whole thing until I read the posts here.... Now it's turned into a full blown obsession!

Handbags have always been my thing. But I have never spent that amount on a bag before. For a Paddington though, I am totally willing to pay retail (hope I wouldn’t get into a crazy bidding war thought!!).

So, yeah - I am definitely willing to spend more money (than I should!) on high fashion. I guess sense just went out the window, for me at least :-)

25-02-2005
windowshopping

It's an absurd. To tell you the true there is other models i liked it better ;

Last edited by chloefan; 25-02-2005 at 01:09 PM.

25-02-2005
front row

There is TWO on ebay currently. One is the states and one over here(uk). I have given up hope!

25-02-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris
I'm on the waiting list for a brown Paddington. Thing is, I was pretty calm about the whole thing until I read the posts here.... Now it's turned into a full blown obsession!

Handbags have always been my thing. But I have never spent that amount on a bag before. For a Paddington though, I am totally willing to pay retail (hope I wouldn’t get into a crazy bidding war thought!!).

So, yeah - I am definitely willing to spend more money (than I should!) on high fashion. I guess sense just went out the window, for me at least :-)
cream paddington is really gorgeous, but i'm not into bags white or cream color-ed bags since it's hard to take care of.

i think the BROWN looks BEST!

i'm pretty obsessed about it, too, but it is probably impossible for me to get one, without paying double the retail price.

25-02-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWILO
cream paddington is really gorgeous, but i'm not into bags white or cream color-ed bags since it's hard to take care of.

i think the BROWN looks BEST!

i'm pretty obsessed about it, too, but it is probably impossible for me to get one, without paying double the retail price.
Yeah, I know it is a long shot. Although I put my name on waiting lists a long time ago the stores will no doubly prefer VIP’s and good customer. My name is probably faaaar down those waiting lists….

25-02-2005
Adorable illusion

Guess what?!! I finally got my Paddington bag in dark brown! Oh im so excited and relieved..you dont know how much stress I had in getting one!! Its so much better than how they photograph, I thought the med was tiny but its much bigger!!

25-02-2005
blue

^ pictures please

26-02-2005
rising star

From Fashionunited.com

"These days, fashion advertising comes out before the product even hits the stores. So too with Chloe's Paddington beauty. Waiting lists for accessories that haven't left the factory is now as common as putting a pair of shoes on layaway.

The Chloe bag, however, has superseded all those other bags which were once the it-bag. Remember the Balenciaga Lariat Bag, the Fendi Baguette, or Gucci's Jackie bag? These, in their hey-day, caused a stir, but were accessible - even if you had to pull a few strings to get one. Not so for Chloe. This bag has sold out before a single one has made it to the boutique's shelves.

According to the Daily Telegraph, each of the 8000 Paddingtons produced for Spring Summer 2005 has been snapped up and accounted for. Leaving only the high-street knock-offs (which will no doubt be available shortly) to come in second place.

With 50 per cent of the bags going to Europe, 30 per cent to America and 20 per cent to Japan, owning a Paddington bag is as scarce as the aspiration of becoming a successful pop star. With a waiting list at Chloe's Sloane Street boutique and another waiting list of around 700 at net-a-porter.com, your chances are, well, rather slim."

It's crazyeee!!

26-02-2005
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9
^ pictures please
Heres a pic I took last night, the bag is much bigger than it shows in pics I dunno why
Attached Images
File Type: jpg padd.jpg (82.2 KB, 554 views)

26-02-2005
V.I.P.

hmm... uh oh i think i like the tan and the beige better... the beige is lovely... i thought it would be a much richer, dark maroonish brown

26-02-2005
front row

Hi guys, I just ordered my Paddington from net-a-porter

but I have this big question.....

I'm from US, and I don't know if I'll get charged for another big custom fee when the bag arrive, plz let me know if you ever bought from net-a-porter and live in US....

Thanks!

26-02-2005
Adorable illusion

meowmix, dont worry, the dark brown is a nice colour..it is pretty dark brown like chocolate. I had the flash on when I took that pic. I think you should see it in person because my camera skills are bad

26-02-2005
sec
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_ingenue
Hi guys, I just ordered my Paddington from net-a-porter

but I have this big question.....

I'm from US, and I don't know if I'll get charged for another big custom fee when the bag arrive, plz let me know if you ever bought from net-a-porter and live in US....

Thanks!
Yes, you will be charged. But I remember, from my experience, during the order process, the site will inform you how much custom fee you will be charged. This is so unlike the Browns, which lets you get a surprise charge from DSL.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2010, bags, chloë, february, march, paddington