How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-04-2006
V.I.P.

Shopping, do you have pics of your bowler anywhere? I occationally lurk on this thread and reading how much you love yours made me curious!

08-04-2006
tfs star

Welcome gg! The posts/pics are on page 43.

Eskimogirl - thanks for being so awesome and helping peppers with a grey edith!!! I TSF.

08-04-2006
V.I.P.

Shopping, I just checked out your pics and its super cute. I kinda want one, I'll be staying away from this thread...

09-04-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopping247
ladies, i am soooooooo happy with my gladys bowler!!!! :p i was able to stuff so much into it today (usual daily items plus big fat book, plus room for more) and it's so comfy to hand hold or wear on the shoulders. i just love it!!!

i think i may love this more than the edith so i am happy with my decision to get this and let the edith go.
I'm glad you're happy with your bag...and I would *really* love to see a pic of you carrying her!!!

09-04-2006
windowshopping

Edith bag & Betty bags
Hi guys im new here. Just love the Edith & Betty bags anyone know where I can get one. Do any of you buy on ebay I am so afraid of fakes
Thanks
Passionflower

09-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoGirl
thepeppers- i have a grey edith for you! my sa in nm orlando already had it shipped to the store for me, but i had already gotten this one. let me know if you're still interested and i'll pm you/call her to figure it out.
Eskimo - I sent you a PM.

09-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionflower
Hi guys im new here. Just love the Edith & Betty bags anyone know where I can get one. Do any of you buy on ebay I am so afraid of fakes
Thanks
Passionflower
There should be some authentic ones floating around on ebay. I sold one last week. I think leshent has some on ebay, that seller has a good reputation for selling authentic bags. :p

09-04-2006
tfs star

Welcome Passionflower! If you are ever eyeballing Chloe Edith/Bettys/Gladys etc on eBay and aren't sure if an auction is authentic or not, you can always post the auction number (no links please!) for us to check out. So far, there are many authentic Edith auctions but unfortunately are mixed in with some obviously fake ones. There are enough of us Edith owners and admirers to help spot fakes.

09-04-2006
rising star

Just received a black Gladys tote (just like the olive 2 zip one on NM.com). It was a sight unseen phone order....HATED IT! The leather was really nice but the style is terrible! It was way too big and square, and totally open at the top- impractical for me to carry. Reminded me of a beach bag! I am so disappointed- I really thought the gladys would be my favorite (out of edith, gladys and betty). I think the bowler style looks much much better- not as squared off and w/ a zipper at the top. Just my opinion I guess, but I thought it may be helpful to someone else.

09-04-2006
front row

thepeppers- sorry it took me so long to get back to you. i have been out all day and just got your pm. but i sent you a reply. good luck!

09-04-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkyCool
I'm glad you're happy with your bag...and I would *really* love to see a pic of you carrying her!!!
I promise to post pics of me with my Gladys bowler soon. :p I am seriously in love with this bag. My mom saw it for the first time today and literally yanked it out of my arms to see! She asked me where I got it, what brand was it, how much was it, if i can get one for her, etc etc. She couldn't believe I was able to get this bag since she hasn't seen it anywhere! Another woman was staring at my bag today while I was standing in line trying to get into a very popular lunch spot - an area filled with women carrying nothing but LV and Gucci (...I think I saw almost every variation of bags in both brands today)!

LeLee - sorry that you don't like the Gladys 2-zip bag. I actually like this one and would get one for myself if I didn't already have the bowler. Although the bowler has the zip top, I actually leave it open all the time since it's not super easy to zip/unzip. The gladys tote with the very open top would be perfect for easy access to items - the zipped pocket for your wallet, cell, etc. I had tried this bag in the store this weekend and really liked it, especially when all the zippers unzip and the bag is extended out a bit more (you really have the pull the bag to extend it out after the zippers unzip). I guess for the size, it's perfect for a work bag since you can stuff files, lunch box/bag, etc inside easily.

10-04-2006
front row

thepeppers- i just tried neimans orlando, and they told me diana wont be in until tomorrow. i left her a message to call me and what it was regarding. she said the bag would arrive in the store today, so i suppose it's there now. but i will try her again first thing tomorrow morning.

10-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoGirl
thepeppers- i just tried neimans orlando, and they told me diana wont be in until tomorrow. i left her a message to call me and what it was regarding. she said the bag would arrive in the store today, so i suppose it's there now. but i will try her again first thing tomorrow morning.
Eskimo - I just sent you a PM, whenever you hear back from Diana, please let me know.

Also, a bunch of HORRIBLE fakes just appeared on ebay from a seller in Taiwan, in colors like red, blue, green, etc., they are really bad fakes, I hope no one buys them.

10-04-2006
front row

thepeppers- i definitely will. i really hope this works out for you! but i'm also still waiting to hill from my SA at neiman marcus beverly hills .

10-04-2006
scenester

Hey, so those of you who still held on to your Ediths, how are you liking the size? Is it big enough for you. I absolutely love everything about my Edith--I just wish it were a bit bigger. How do you guys feel about the size?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, al, betty, chloŽ, edith, gladys, s or s