How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoGirl
chocolate edith on neimanmarcus.com: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...0734cat7400732
It looks like only the Whiskey is available at NM, but it is also available on BG's website too!

11-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeppers
It looks like only the Whiskey is available at NM, but it is also available on BG's website too!
Oh that makes me crazy!!! Last night after the board crashed I took one last look at NM/BG, saw Whiskey Edith available (only been checking perhaps every waking hour for the last 10 days trying to get my hands on a more wrinkly one!! ). I quickly whipped out wallet, ordered and went to bed. Woke up first thing and opened the order confirmation email, followed by a: Sorry, We're Out! message. And they put it back up and I missed it.... Oh well, have to think it wasn't as wrinkly as I would've wanted....

Meanwhile a chamois showed up today to take my mind off my whiskey briefcase, and I think I'm in luuuurv!

11-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_genie
Oh that makes me crazy!!! Last night after the board crashed I took one last look at NM/BG, saw Whiskey Edith available (only been checking perhaps every waking hour for the last 10 days trying to get my hands on a more wrinkly one!! ). I quickly whipped out wallet, ordered and went to bed. Woke up first thing and opened the order confirmation email, followed by a: Sorry, We're Out! message. And they put it back up and I missed it.... Oh well, have to think it wasn't as wrinkly as I would've wanted....

Meanwhile a chamois showed up today to take my mind off my whiskey briefcase, and I think I'm in luuuurv!
Oh no Blue genie, I am so sorry that happened to you. I had LVR cancel my order for a chamois because they claimed all the chamois ediths they had were defective, but still charged my card and it took 3 weeks to get a refund, had NM cancel my pre-order with no explanation and horrible customer service, and when I thought all was lost, I got a call that a small boutique in DC which I happened to mention to a SA the only time I was there I wanted that bag and they got one in and called me. It was fate. I am sure that you will get your edith, nice and wrinkly. I will keep an eye out for one and if I hear of anything I will post. Good luck.

11-04-2006
front row

So I am bored at work and decided to roam ioffer to see what kind of replica ediths they had to get a good laugh, and while some are extremely bad, others looked very familiar. And then I realized that the ioffer sellers were posting pictures stolen from ebay of real bags, including leshent (see ioffer 11280127). I couldn't believe it, they even take pictures that are tagged and use them as their own, they have no shame. Unless leshent and other reputable sellers lead a double life on ioffer, but I hope that's not true. The ioffer sellers claim the bags in the pictures are the ones being sold, but according to ebay those bags were sold days and even weeks ago. It makes me sad.

11-04-2006
backstage pass

Blu - PICS of Chamois Edith please!! I am fast falling in love with that color...

11-04-2006
front row

will do roey when I get home :-) hubby picked box up at PO for me and dropped off to me at work!! I am so impressed with the color I am surprised how many are being shipped back!

thepeppers - it's frustrating enough with the fakers and cheats on ioffer when those same pics/fake bags cross over to eBay... but I hadn't yet seen the ioffer people stealing their pics from eBay! I need to check that out!! did I mention in a wine induced moment I bought MY chamois from leshent???!!!! Wonder if it's pics of MY bag on ioffer??

11-04-2006
front row

OH THOSE CHEATING SKANKS! Not my leshent bag photo in that ioffer listing, but I even saw an auction with one of Roz's pics! Must tell them (leshent and Roz et al), but I bet ioffer is even lamer than eBay at policing fakes, thiefs and cheaters. Well, duh, obviously....

(I try not to look at ioffer because it makes me so flaming mad, and yet again, it didn't let me down...)

Last edited by blu_genie; 11-04-2006 at 05:30 PM.
11-04-2006
front row

Quote:
So I am bored at work and decided to roam ioffer to see what kind of replica ediths they had to get a good laugh, and while some are extremely bad, others looked very familiar.
haha, i thought i was the only one that did that...

11-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Oh no Blue genie, I am so sorry that happened to you. I had LVR cancel my order for a chamois because they claimed all the chamois ediths they had were defective, but still charged my card and it took 3 weeks to get a refund, had NM cancel my pre-order with no explanation and horrible customer service, and when I thought all was lost, I got a call that a small boutique in DC which I happened to mention to a SA the only time I was there I wanted that bag and they got one in and called me. It was fate. I am sure that you will get your edith, nice and wrinkly. I will keep an eye out for one and if I hear of anything I will post. Good luck.
Thanks peppers! I think it's just great how when everyone gets together and helps with the bag hunt... we're definitely not a group of women who end up doing without what we really want for long! (and then when it rains, it pours! ) Congrats to everyone and their new Edith acquisitions!!!

11-04-2006
tfs star

blu - i love your version of the chloe handbag ad!!!!! :p lovely chamois edith btw!!! i really like the wrinkled texture on that one and i wish you luck in finding the same texture bag in the whiskey.

eskimo: i browed through ioffers too and i can't believe some of them are stealing pics from honest eBay sellers!!!! very pathetic and sad....

Last edited by shopping247; 11-04-2006 at 10:42 PM.
12-04-2006
front row

Quote:
This bag came today and made me very very happy This is how my Whiskey should be (more wrinkly and stroft) - and I will not give up that quest! (if I can afford it! )

Oh, and shameless Chloe bag-pile ad recreation! Bottom to top: choco paddy hobo, chamois edith, tan paddy satchel (still awaiting key from LVR! ), and whiskey!
You can try to get your whiskey to be more slouchy by laying it on its back so that it drops and not keeping it stuffed with tissue paper or whatever when not in use, that has really helped mine stay that way. :p

12-04-2006
trendsetter

Blu, Love the chamois and the pile pic!

12-04-2006
front row

Oh, OH! Just surfed on to NM during a work *lull* and saw whiskey edith up again! I ordered quick and we'll see if THIS order sticks (Sunday night it took, and then was promptly cancelled). Not that I can afford to keep both whiskey AND chamois ediths, but I'd sure like to see one more whiskey IRL before I give up on my unwrinkled lass.... Wish me luck!

12-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Oh, OH! Just surfed on to NM during a work *lull* and saw whiskey edith up again! I ordered quick and we'll see if THIS order sticks (Sunday night it took, and then was promptly cancelled). Not that I can afford to keep both whiskey AND chamois ediths, but I'd sure like to see one more whiskey IRL before I give up on my unwrinkled lass.... Wish me luck!
Blu genie - I really hope it works!!! I would recommend that you call the 800 number for NM to confirm your order, because I have had them cancel my order before for asking them to ship to my work, which is a different address than my billing address. They never told me it was canceled, I just happened to check the status of my order and it said canceled.

12-04-2006
front row

thanks peppers - I'll see if I can sneak that one in before end of day!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, al, betty, chloŽ, edith, gladys, s or s