How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty1311
I just pre-ordered the medium edith from LVR since i'm from the states, I assume I'll have to fill out some customs paperwork. This is the first time I've ever ordered from a foreign website can anyone inform me of what exactly I need to do? apologies if this has been discussed before, I tried searching for forum but couldn't find much on what paperwork i have to fill out.

TIA
You will get a phone call from the customs person at Fed Ex when it arrives. They will fax you (or email) a form that is easy to fill out. You fax it back and you have your bag the next day. You get a bill for the duty a few weeks later.

16-01-2006
tfs star

chloe babe - check the websites (chloe, style.com for past season), mark down your must haves, and then have hubby grab everything! there was a chloe skirt on NAP for $1200 but in the paris boutique, it was on sale (plus its cheaper there) the skirt was a shocking $400!! thats more than half!

morri - when you saw it irl, was it even more wrinkly? what was the leather like?

Last edited by Pinky*; 16-01-2006 at 12:21 AM.
16-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriseel
If you know your shoe size, there's some great shoes out at the moment...will look good with your Edith! Chunky wedges and heels!!
Yes, I thought that too! maybe a nice whisky pair of stacked heels to go with the bag thanks morrissel

16-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky*
chloe babe - check the websites (chloe, style.com for past season), mark down your must haves, and then have hubby grab everything! there was a chloe skirt on NAP for $1200 but in the paris boutique, it was on sale (plus its cheaper there) the skirt was a shocking $400!! thats more than half!
thanks so much Pinky will do that

16-01-2006
front row

pointie....she is in Liberty in London

'I like my money where I can see it - hanging in my closet'
Carrie Bradshaw
16-01-2006
V.I.P.

I was wondering if anyone knows if chloe paris ships to the US?

16-01-2006
tfs star

i think they do (from the paddy thread).. you might have to do wire transfer though.. not 100% on this..

or try chloe bahrain?

16-01-2006
front row

There's a Chloe in Bahrain??? my husband is there right now. Though sending him shopping for a handbag might result in culture shock.

16-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky*
i think they do (from the paddy thread).. you might have to do wire transfer though.. not 100% on this..

or try chloe bahrain?
Thanks! I just realized it's quite a bit cheaper in europe when looking at LVR and was intrested in a few pieces... I'm going to try to figure out how to fax the pictures internationally too

A wire transfer, is that like western union? Or is it when it goes directly to their bank account? I think WU would cost just about as much as I would save by going through europe.

16-01-2006
tfs star

hm.. a lot of expats live there (+michael jackson.. although he's more shocking than any form of culture shock..) and they have excellent english and service.. cheaper than the US bc of the conversion rate as well.. i know a lot of TFSers have had great experiences with them from the paddy thread

gg - yeah wire transfer is when it goes directly into their account. fendi paris does this 100% but not sure about paris.. i know the rate from US to Asia is about $10 though.. lets hope they take cc.. if not, a certified cheque via registered mail would cost about $20 total incl bank fees..

Last edited by Pinky*; 16-01-2006 at 04:46 PM.
16-01-2006
backstage pass

FYI, called Chloe NY today to get on the list for the whiskey Edith. They're not carrying it in whiskey. I don't get it. All of the ads show the bag in whiskey, yet the Chloe boutique isn't getting that color???? Very odd, IMO. They are getting chocolate brown and tan. And the tan is not the whiskey, according to the SA I spoke with.

16-01-2006
front row

Hmmm... apparently the entire country of Bahrain is in mourning for the King's son who died in an auto accident this past weekend, so nothing is supposed to be open. But in any case I have DH shopping for pearls; will leave the handbag hunt to me.

16-01-2006
V.I.P.

Thanks pinky! I'll call them eventually to find out more details. I wanted to give you karma but have to spread some first

16-01-2006
backstage pass

It looks like LVR is no longer taking orders for the whiskey Edith. They must have hit their max.

16-01-2006
tfs star

!!!

those sickos...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, al, betty, chloŽ, edith, gladys, s or s