How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-07-2006
front row

HELP!!!

On my beloved whiskey edith, the stitching on the left top side of the front pocket has started to become unraveled. I am guessing that it is glued to the stitching on the underside of the top, but it somehow has come loose. Does anyoen have any tips on how to fix it. I am so distressed. For all this money, how can this bag be started to fall apart!!!

29-07-2006
backstage pass

I had a chamois Edith shipped to me from Nordstrom in May with a busted stitch on the pocket. I returned it and end up with another chamois from Saks.

If there is a Chloe boutique near you take it there and they can have it repaired. A member of the purseforum website had one of the stitches come unraveled on her bag, took it to a Chloe boutique, and they had it repaired for her in just two days. If you don't have a nearby boutique call the NYC boutique and see if they can help. Or contact the store you purchased it from and perhaps they'll do any exchange or refund. Large department stores are great like that.

Honestly, I feel that over time the stitches are going to unravel. If it ever happens to mine in the near future, I'm returning them to their mother ships! (Neiman Marcus and Saks).

30-07-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by roey
I had a chamois Edith shipped to me from Nordstrom in May with a busted stitch on the pocket. I returned it and end up with another chamois from Saks.

If there is a Chloe boutique near you take it there and they can have it repaired. A member of the purseforum website had one of the stitches come unraveled on her bag, took it to a Chloe boutique, and they had it repaired for her in just two days. If you don't have a nearby boutique call the NYC boutique and see if they can help. Or contact the store you purchased it from and perhaps they'll do any exchange or refund. Large department stores are great like that.

Honestly, I feel that over time the stitches are going to unravel. If it ever happens to mine in the near future, I'm returning them to their mother ships! (Neiman Marcus and Saks).
Unfortunately I live in DC so there is no Chloe boutique. I got the bag at Intermix, so I don't want to leave it with them. I am going to try to repair it myself and if that doesn't work, I am going to Paris in a few weeks so I will take it to the Chloe store there. I am scared to leave it at a store for repair, because I my edith too much. I am a dork.

30-07-2006
scenester

does anyone know of any discount codes for bergdorf online?

31-07-2006
front row

Sorry if this has been covered already, I couldn't find it.

What's the length of the handle drop? (on the edith) and what's the handle length end to end. some people can wear it on their shoulder and some can't, so I want to know before I order.
Any edith owners help?

31-07-2006
rising star

The medium edith handle, you could wear it on your shoulder if you have a small arm and it will stretch out a bit after a while and the Large Edith, for sure you could wear it on your shoulder.
Anyway, I saw Edith Fall (the one looks like muse bag?) at Ron Herman, the price aroung $1590 I believe...

31-07-2006
rising star

The edith I saw is like the one the picture, the left one.
But on the post#1826, the edith kinda different.
Do you think they will have 2 version of this Edith?

03-08-2006
rising star

I just found the Edith wallet:

edith wallet.jpg

pic:aloharag.com

I like it, but it is not great or anything, and especially not for $480. And it doesn't seem to have a button closure, which would be very impractical...

05-08-2006
front row

out of curiosity, i just got home from a long trip (3 weeks in south africa) and decided to take a look at my edith and noticed a few little stains and scratches all over it. and for some reason, with this particular bag, i don't think it looks bad, in fact, it almost adds to the distressed look. has anyone else noticed this? or am i just insane?

05-08-2006
front row

kurogoma- i am not a huge fan of that edith wallet. i probably wouldn't even be able to tell that it was related to the edith if you hadn't told me.

05-08-2006
front row

eskimogirl, i agree. the edith looks better and better the more a person uses it. it's part of her charm I've found she makes a great carry on bag. I'm sure i'll be using her years from now. each little scratch or stain tells a story, so they shouldn't be viewed as imperfections.

not loving the edith wallet. how on earth would a person get into that quickly?

06-08-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoGirl
out of curiosity, i just got home from a long trip (3 weeks in south africa) and decided to take a look at my edith and noticed a few little stains and scratches all over it. and for some reason, with this particular bag, i don't think it looks bad, in fact, it almost adds to the distressed look. has anyone else noticed this? or am i just insane?
EskimoGirl, you're not insane, just fabulous!!! :p

I was so careful with my whiskey edith for the first few weeks, until a night on the town resulted in several beer stains and other mysterious marks all over. As there was nothing I could do about it, I started to love the more weathered look. The edith takes a beating pretty well. I too have used is as a carry on and a foot rest frequently (she fits so well underneath the seat in front of you). All my European relatives love my edith, it is becoming more of a hit over there.

FYI - the little area at the top of the front pocket that attaches to the rest of the bag tends to get stuck with a lot of random stuff (especially sand since I have taken edith to the beach). So at my office the other day, I took one of those spray cans of air that you use to clean your computer keyboard, stretched that area of the bag and sprayed away and the air cleaned it perfectly. Et voila, parfait.

06-08-2006
backstage pass

Do most of the Ediths have smoother leather or the same pebbled textured leather as the Paddington? The few I've seen in stores as well as online (NAP) seem to have a smoother leather.

06-08-2006
backstage pass

My chocolate Edith is very pebbled throughout, but my chamois is a softer, smoother (though still textured) leather that is very scrumpled and distressed. The new fall Ediths tend to look very upright and rigid, whereas the first generation Ediths have a more vintage appeal.

08-08-2006
front row

thepeppers&mercer- glad to know others out there think like i do. i am leaving to europe in a few days and was wondering whether or not my edith would be a good bag to bring along. now i think i might just do that!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, al, betty, chloŽ, edith, gladys, s or s