How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-01-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepositano
i know some of us don't care,but i find the mismatched hardware (gold/bronze and silver) on chloe bags really disconcerting...
You know, I actually love the 2 colors of hardware (especially on the Paddington), because I feel much more comfortable wearing either silver or gold jewelry with them. It would have bothered me had it not looked intentional, but I feel it looks well thought out (i.e. - the decorative hardware is brushed gold and chosen to match the leather and the zippers are silver). I absolutely hate shiny gold zippers on bags, so perhaps that's the reason I prefer the way Chloe's been doing these.

19-01-2006
tfs star

thought this might be of interest
i'm not sure.. but could the woman in the upper right corner be wearing chloe boots and... an edith?

19-01-2006
backstage pass

^ Those boots are not Chloe...Chloe's version are high, stacked heels. This pair is probably Tod's as they did the flat, riding boot style for autumn/winter 05. That bag looks in between the medium and large size Edith...so maybe it's not an Edith. I could be wrong!

20-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbradshaw
my SA today told me the Edith could arrive anytime after 1st Feb!! cant wait...

20-01-2006
tfs star

ah.. very observant on the boots!
it almost seems not wrinkly enough to be the edith but maybe shes got a lot of stuff in her bag?
i don't know.. maybe japan got their ediths a little earlier.. i know they've got some special edition jackets over there, maybe bc of the opening of a new chloe store..

20-01-2006
tfs star

i tried on a betty yesterday and it was nicer than i expected! heavier than it looks, too.

Last edited by ilovepositano; 20-01-2006 at 06:36 AM.
20-01-2006
V.I.P.

actually that bag that that japanese lady is wearing looks more like a miumiu bag or something... i really don't think it's the edith at all
just got back from the rue du faubourg st honore boutique and they are getting the MEDIUM edith in grey, some yellowy color and whiskey and it's 995 euros i believe...not nearly as much hype as the paddingtons and the silverados

20-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
actually that bag that that japanese lady is wearing looks more like a miumiu bag or something... i really don't think it's the edith at all
just got back from the rue du faubourg st honore boutique and they are getting the MEDIUM edith in grey, some yellowy color and whiskey and it's 995 euros i believe...not nearly as much hype as the paddingtons and the silverados
it's funny the hype differs from country to country with bag to bag. In Hong Kong and Singapore nearly all the ediths are presold, and we won't even seem them till April.

On the other hand, there was NO hype about the stam...

20-01-2006
backstage pass

The edith is getting hyped in the US fashion mags. the February issue of Bazaar has an article with a big picture of the whiskey edith. Its described as chloe's "it bag" for spring.

20-01-2006
tfs star

i'm not surprised that the stam isn't hot in asia- asians run like hayle away from vintage. to them vintage is too close to "old" or "used."

20-01-2006
windowshopping

Hi I'm new here, my name Joanne. I was wondering with the Louis vuitton bag 30 brown one, where is the serial number usually, ive seen some where u can hang ur keys in ur bag and with my bag its under the pocket inside the bag.
u can see i dont know alot on lv bags, im a newbi..

20-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBags79
Hi I'm new here, my name Joanne. I was wondering with the Louis vuitton bag 30 brown one, where is the serial number usually, ive seen some where u can hang ur keys in ur bag and with my bag its under the pocket inside the bag.
u can see i dont know alot on lv bags, im a newbi..
Hi Joanne,
Have a look through the handbag forum and find the louis vuitton thread and post your question there, as more people will answer it in that thread. A big welcome to you though. Hope you are enjoying the forum

21-01-2006
rising star

Is this a mini silverado? Is there such a thing?

the handles look different than a silverado and the ends don't have pockets? - do they make this bag in leather?

21-01-2006
tfs star

you might want to try the silverado thread. all the experts are over there

21-01-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriseel
it's funny the hype differs from country to country with bag to bag. In Hong Kong and Singapore nearly all the ediths are presold, and we won't even seem them till April.

On the other hand, there was NO hype about the stam...

pinky - I don't think the bag is the edith.

morriseel - Same here in Australia there nobody carry the stam except me, haven't seen anyone with one. I love this bag.

There's no other fake bags or local designer has copied this bag yet. But everywhere I go I see the fake paddingtons, fake spies and fake balenciagas. So my paddingtons and bal bag are sitting in my wardrobe.

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

Last edited by klow-chloe'; 21-01-2006 at 08:09 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, al, betty, chloŽ, edith, gladys, s or s