How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-12-2006
front row

I just got my red Edith bag a few days ago from Kirna Zabete and I must say I was alittle disappointed in the leather. It's actually pretty stiff. I guess I was expecting it to be much softer like my paddingtons. Will it get softer with use? It's also kind of weird to me that most of the leather looks textured and pebbled except for the small pocket in the front which has smoother leather. I am actually worried I may have gotten a fake. Like someone bought a real one and then returned a fake to the store. Are there ways to tell the fakes apart from the real ones? PLEASE HELP!

03-12-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcross
I just got my red Edith bag a few days ago from Kirna Zabete and I must say I was alittle disappointed in the leather. It's actually pretty stiff. I guess I was expecting it to be much softer like my paddingtons. Will it get softer with use? It's also kind of weird to me that most of the leather looks textured and pebbled except for the small pocket in the front which has smoother leather. I am actually worried I may have gotten a fake. Like someone bought a real one and then returned a fake to the store. Are there ways to tell the fakes apart from the real ones? PLEASE HELP!
You should post some pictures so we can help you better. Other Edith owners I know (at tPF) have reported stiffer leather than the paddington leather. I think the Edith is supposed to be a structured bag, whereas the paddington is really slouchy, so the leather should be stiffer I think. I don't think any Edith has the same leather all over, I believe it was an intended characteristic of the bag to have it like that. My bag doesn't have the same texture of leather all over. Anyways, you should go to the purse forum and read the "Edith lovers club" thread if you are really really worried, you can compare yours to their descriptions and pictures. I don't think you should be too worried though.

windowshopping

Mcross, Edith leather is definitely very stiff and structured, nothing like the Paddy. IME it softens up only the tiniest amount but really not much. I wouldn't even say it softens up, but some of the crumples do loosen up. I highly doubt you got a fake.

03-12-2006
front row

I got my whiskey edith in March last year, so it was probably with the first edition of ediths. The leather on it is not peddly and is very slouchy. It has gotten much softer with time and use (I use it regularly). I have read on this forum that many of the second edition ediths had stiffer and more peddly leather.

03-12-2006
front row

Phew! Thanks kisa, murphy and peppers! Glad to hear that is how many edith bags are. I was a bit worried considering how slouchy the edith looked in pics. I was just anticipating that super slouchy natural leather. The thicker leather does make it more likely I would put my laptop in it making it a perfect fashionable work bag. I definitely don't mind the pebbled look but I was hoping for the softness. I will head over to the other forum and see if they have any details about fakes. Here are some pics of mine though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2372.JPG (429.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2373.JPG (379.8 KB, 1 views)

03-12-2006
rising star

My Edith is structured around the edges but the leather itself is not very stiff but not as slouchy as my Paddington.

What do you guys think about the Patsy bag? I'm thinking of getting the biggest one but I'm tending to shy away from open top bags. In the pictures it looks like it's held together on the top by a magnetic closure but I'm not too sure. Any thoughts?

03-12-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcross
Phew! Thanks kisa, murphy and peppers! Glad to hear that is how many edith bags are. I was a bit worried considering how slouchy the edith looked in pics. I was just anticipating that super slouchy natural leather. The thicker leather does make it more likely I would put my laptop in it making it a perfect fashionable work bag. I definitely don't mind the pebbled look but I was hoping for the softness. I will head over to the other forum and see if they have any details about fakes. Here are some pics of mine though.
Cute bag! Love the color and the contrast of the stitching. Now it makes me want to buy another....

03-12-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeppers
I got my whiskey edith in March last year, so it was probably with the first edition of ediths. The leather on it is not peddly and is very slouchy. It has gotten much softer with time and use (I use it regularly). I have read on this forum that many of the second edition ediths had stiffer and more peddly leather.
March of this year, you mean? That's when I got mine and mine is just like the ones that were released a bit later. I guess I haven't used mine enough for it to soften up.

06-12-2006
scenester

I got my edith 2 days ago!

And ive been using her for the past 2 days for work. I love her. She's such a versatile and understated bag. And she goes with all my clothes. :p

She was packed in a box when she arrived and when i took her out, it was love at 1st sight! I hope she gets slouchier with time. She doesnt have a bad leather smell as some leather bags are known to have. The handles are a lil' too stiff and short for me to sling it over my shoulder, but if i try hard enough, it does (uncomfortably)

I love her!!! She's so PRETTY!

08-12-2006
trendsetter

Aloha Rag has tons of Chloes at 50% off
Medium Ediths in whiskey, chocolate, cream, ecru & red for $583 and free shipping.
I just placed an order for the ecru, I hope I like the color because it's final sale.

12-12-2006
rising star

I got one of the creme shopper ones and like you I hope I like the color because of the no return policy!

12-12-2006
rising star

I ordered this chain-strap Betty (on sale) in chocolate from Bergdorf Goodman (picture from their website). I think someone on this thread may have this bag?

I should have it in a day or two; I'll report back on how I like it. I'm excited about the leather - "washed patent".

18-12-2006
windowshopping

Hi everyone.. I saw an edith, I think on NM online. It's got a shoulder strap.. any idea where I might buy the strap? I just think it's a lot more convenient to carry the edith with a shoulder strap. Thank you.

21-12-2006
windowshopping

Hi, the new Edith design comes with a shoulder strap. I don't think you can buy the strap on its own (and where would you fix it without the loops?). It might be practical at times, but I still think the old-fashioned style of the bag looks more authentic as a hand-held.

28-12-2006
backstage pass

Christmas gift
I got this chloe tote as a christmas gift from hubby..best gift ever !!! i really dont know the exact name of the style though..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chloe.jpg (9.2 KB, 357 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, al, betty, chloŽ, edith, gladys, s or s