How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-01-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun3machina
can anyone tell me if they treat their leather with a waterproofing spray or anything? i just got a dauphin grey ascot and im not sure if i should protect the leather or if it is fairly durable. also, does it watermark? thanks if anyone can help me out!!
I got my whiskey edith about 1 year ago, and immediately apple guarded it with the conditioner and spray. When it starts to look "dry" I condition it again. After conditioning, I don't use it for a few days. I prefer this particular bag to look "lived in", so it has really taken a beating over the last year, such as had drinks spilled on it, taken to the beach, used as a foot rest on transatlantic flights, been rained on, etc. The leather looks good. Most watermarks either disappear or fade. The handle also looks good, but that could be the color of the leather. Overall, very durable.

29-01-2007
V.I.P.

thanks too thepeppers. i actually took it out, and it got rained on, and it dryed just fine. i think perhaps it may have softened the leather too a bit! chloe leather is really amazing!

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
10-02-2007
backstage pass

Hi ladies! I'm totally in love with the Edith bag (especially in red..) but I can't really afford one right now and I've seen that some of you are lucky enough to own one -or more- ediths. Can I ask you for a big favour: it would be lovely to see some pics of your little darlings. Just for the rest of us to get some eye-candy!
Thanks in advance

28-02-2007
rising star

Are there any Ediths on Sale

28-02-2007
rising star

I love my Edith - in whiskey - my Aunt picked it up for me a few months ago int Europe. But I think it's time for a new one - I carry it too much and throw everything in it so it weighs a ton!

front row

Chloe Edith - a classic?
Hi all

I am about to purchase my very first designer bag but am not sure which one to get. Nothing ridiculously expensive and am only prepared to spend up to £700. I figure, if I wait for the next net-a-porter sale I should be able to pick up a paddy or an edit for that much. Now, because I would only have one designer bag I want to make sure that I make the right choice and get the right one. The right one being one which I will be able to use the longest and wont look dated in a few years time.

Which one should I get if I get the chance
Red Paddington or a black Edith?

09-04-2007
front row

So, my question to you is, do you think that Edith is a classic shape bag or not?

My only concern with it is that it isnt as "pretty" as the paddy. The very first time I saw it I thought it was ugly and very grandma-ish. But now I love it. I mean, as much as I dont care what people think I still wouldnt want people on the street to think how ugly my bag looks when they see it. Will this happen? Or was I the only one who found this bag unattractive at first?

09-04-2007
tfs star

i actually like the edith more than the paddy.
but i think the paddy can be more classic and can be worn for all age, edith can look ridiculous carrying by older women with the wrong outfit.

i love that the edith resembled old school style, it looks great for simple and more casual outfit. adn it weight less than a paddy :p

09-04-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorseinstripe
i actually like the edith more than the paddy.
but i think the paddy can be more classic and can be worn for all age, edith can look ridiculous carrying by older women with the wrong outfit.

i love that the edith resembled old school style, it looks great for simple and more casual outfit. adn it weight less than a paddy :p
Oh. But according to net-a-porter

Paddington- 1.80 kg
Edith- 1.90 kg

09-04-2007
tfs star

I much prefer the Edith.

fashion insider

I like the shape. I don't think it looks grandma-ish.

09-04-2007
V.I.P.

I like the edith. My problem with it is that if this is going to be your everyday bag, it may not be entirely practical. The handles are quite short, and in my opinion, not very comfortable to carry everywhere.

I do think it's a great looking bag though.

09-04-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_n_simple
Oh. But according to net-a-porter

Paddington- 1.80 kg
Edith- 1.90 kg
wow... really? i never realized that

09-04-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorseinstripe
edith can look ridiculous carrying by older women with the wrong outfit.
as can be said with i think ANY bag!

i personally thing the paddington is a bit played out and overly trendy...the edith on the other hand is more birken understated quality IMHO.

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
09-04-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun3machina
as can be said with i think ANY bag!

i personally thing the paddington is a bit played out and overly trendy...the edith on the other hand is more birken understated quality IMHO.
LOL....
yeah, i think so ha ah ha
it's just i'm totally can't get rid off my mind when i saw a woman like 50s wearing edith, but she dressed so conventionally and this bag just don't fit on her.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, al, betty, chloŽ, edith, gladys, s or s