How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by janyoung99
Yes, that is correct. I recently bought a paddy from LVR and the service, etc. was excellent.
Thats good to know, I want to buy from them but I think there are communication problems. I want to buy the anthra paddy but they dont show a picture, so I inquired about it. They told me it wasnt metallic and had brass hardware...but then they said the mini anthra has brass hardware, but the picture shows silver! I just dont want to order the anthracite and not have it be anthracite

25-01-2006
backstage pass

Meowmix -- lucky you! I still have yet to see Edith IRL. The SA said I should be receiving mine in a few weeks but I still have no idea how big the 'medium' Edith is.

Would you mind just giving me roundabout numbers of the dimensions?? I'm hoping it will be similar in size to the Balenciaga Work bag, but I don't know, I have a feeling it'll be smaller.

25-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelee
shopping247 welcome to tfs- I'm pretty new here myself. I too am obsessed w/ the gladys bags, especially the three zip shoulder bag on LVR. Who all have you called in the states to try and order? I just assumed there were already waitlists for them- did NM not order them? I will be disappointed if they aren't available.
Thanks Lelee! When I called around to Neimans, Bergdorf, and the US Chloe boutiques, it seems that they have all ordered the Gladys shopper/tote in both the medium ($1700+) and large ($1900+), but the not the bowler style I am interested in. The list for those are not too bad (I think most are interested in the Edith) and you should get to your local store to get your name on the list. The colors they are getting are: black, grey, light olive green color (as shown on LVR). Neimans in SF and Beverly Hills are getting the large shopper in Grey only, medium shopper in black or olive only. If you are talking about the "hobo" style bag, forgive me for rambling about the shopper. I do know that Chloe NYC will be carrying the hobo style but am not sure which colors. Good luck!

25-01-2006
tfs star

Thanks naw and jan for letting me know about the purchasing situation from LVR. I think I will go ahead and order from them today - for the Gladys Bowler. And FYI for those who have never purchased from LVR before, the LVR customer rep who was responding to my inquiries told me that my cc will be charged 20 days after the order is placed, regardless of when the merchandise comes in because it is their bank policy (whatever that means). She also mentioned that the arrival date shown for the Chloe bags is the final arrival date of arrivals and therefore I can expect the Gladys bag to arrive probably before.

25-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by janyoung99
Yes, that is correct. I recently bought a paddy from LVR and the service, etc. was excellent.
jan - did you pay your duties after the bag arrived? If so, did you mail Customs a check? What is the process? And do you know if I can ask LVR to include duties with the final price, that way I don't have to deal with it all when the bag arrives? One more question: is the 50 euro shipping included in the final price for the import tax I will have to pay? TIA for any info you can provide.

25-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopping247
Thanks naw and jan for letting me know about the purchasing situation from LVR. I think I will go ahead and order from them today - for the Gladys Bowler. And FYI for those who have never purchased from LVR before, the LVR customer rep who was responding to my inquiries told me that my cc will be charged 20 days after the order is placed, regardless of when the merchandise comes in because it is their bank policy (whatever that means). She also mentioned that the arrival date shown for the Chloe bags is the final arrival date of arrivals and therefore I can expect the Gladys bag to arrive probably before.
I know this is slightly off topic. But I have SO MUCH trouble navigating LVR website it's reallly putting me off!! I mean there's no logic to it. Just me???

25-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriseel
I know this is slightly off topic. But I have SO MUCH trouble navigating LVR website it's reallly putting me off!! I mean there's no logic to it. Just me???
I've figured it out by now but I do know what you mean, it is confusing

25-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Sorry that you are having so much trouble! Sometimes my web browser crashes on me when I trying to view additional photos of the Chloe bags. The website is not the most user-friendly but nonetheless it has plenty of fabulous Chloe products like Ediths, Gladyses, and Betties!

25-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Nope. It's not just you. Just try and think of their site as being very "simple" and don't trust the links. Just click on exactly where you want to go -- there are no shortcuts.

26-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopping247
jan - did you pay your duties after the bag arrived? If so, did you mail Customs a check? What is the process? And do you know if I can ask LVR to include duties with the final price, that way I don't have to deal with it all when the bag arrives? One more question: is the 50 euro shipping included in the final price for the import tax I will have to pay? TIA for any info you can provide.
I still haven't received my customs bill, although they called me and told me what the amount was and that it was being processed (I've been out of town for the past week, so it'll probably be there when I get home). Not sure if the shipping was included when they figured the duty - I don't think it was but if it was, it only amounted to about $5. worth of duty. I don't think LVR wants to deal with the duty aspect but you can ask. It was all really very simple and easy from my standpoint. When the bag arrived, the customs person at fed ex called me, faxed (or they can email) me a short form which I completed and faxed back. Then they delivered the bag the next day. I know this doesn't exactly answer all of your questions - but hope it helps!
I figured that I saved a little over $300. by buying from LVR (that includes the shipping and duty) as compared to purchasing (price + sales tax) in Atlanta where I live (and, as an extra bonus, LVR's packaging is VERY nice, very upscale).

26-01-2006
trendsetter

I have been lurking on this thread a bit...trying to decide if any of the Chloe SS06 bags are for me... My lurking here was most likely related to my purchase today, Chloe "Molly" bag (ugh, flash distorts clasp). Love the chocolate brown somewhat pebbled leather...straps are just long enough for shoulder when the arm gets tired...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chloe Molly Chocolate 002.jpg (29.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Chloe Molly Chocolate 003.jpg (28.2 KB, 13 views)

26-01-2006
backstage pass

^^^SoCal, I love it! Is the leather soft? The chocolate is so rich. CONGRATS!

26-01-2006
backstage pass

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh...i've never even heard of the MOLLY! It is GORGEOUS!!!!

26-01-2006
trendsetter

Thank you Cinderbellas, Morriseel. I am very excited about the bag. The chocolate shade is very "true". It has great texture in the leather panels. The handle strap hardware is a brass tone and the front clasp is primarily silver tone. (The primary component opens through a top zipper.) Love the combo! The Chloe SA indicated the delivery of "Molly" was a suprise. I do see it on the Chloe website (spring collection)...but I think it is much more interesting IRL. Thanks again!

26-01-2006
Adorable illusion

SoCal, congrats on your molly bag! It looks wonderful! Love the hardware.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, al, betty, chloŽ, edith, gladys, s or s