How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangsi1980
I must admit I am still undecided about the edith..the betty just doesn't cut it for me (can hear my credit card breath a sign of relief!!)

I immediately took a liking to the paddy and silverado when I first saw them.
Not to be a wet blanket, but I find the design of the edith a little uninspiring, it'll make a very sensible work bag...and I love the tan and the appearance of the crinkly leather, but it still strikes me as a quasi Balenciaga work..
Same sentiments. I was waiting so eagerly for pictures of the Edith etc since Nov05 thinking perhaps I should give the paddy a pass. I was concerned that the paddy would be so 'last season'. But when I saw the pictures, I was disappointed. So I went back to considering the paddy once more. (I was deciding between owning a Tod or a Chloe, and a Tod is way too severe looking for me these days)

08-01-2006
V.I.P.

first picture of post 9.. anyone know what that metallicy one in the back is? it looks like it could be quite nice.

i don't like any of these bags so far though..

08-01-2006
fashion elite

^ It's called " Paddington with pocket handbag" in gold, LVR has then in non-mettalic.

http://[IMG]http://www.luisaviaroma.....jpg[/IMG]

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

08-01-2006
Of too many minds

Guessgirl! I love the bow clutch!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
08-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsbags
Oh, I love the Edith! I'm going to have to inquire about getting on a waitlist somewhere!
Me too! That pic of finde's from the trunk show really confirms it!! So glad I preordered from LVR!!

09-01-2006
scenester

I LOVED the Paddington and Sliverado as soon as I saw them, however the Edith kind of looks like a Balenciaga. So like Chiangsi1980 my wallet to, will breathe a sign of relief....

V.I.P.

wow just came back from a day of shopping and stopped by the chloe boutique here in paris. i am pleasantly surprised by the edith! i 'tried it on' in a brown crocodile... and it was actually very nice in the medium size! i put myself down for it in chocolat (which will be a bit darker than the old chocolat) and black... i can def see it as a small travel carryon for me.

09-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
wow just came back from a day of shopping and stopped by the chloe boutique here in paris. i am pleasantly surprised by the edith! i 'tried it on' in a brown crocodile... and it was actually very nice in the medium size! i put myself down for it in chocolat (which will be a bit darker than the old chocolat) and black... i can def see it as a small travel carryon for me.
wait, they come in black and choc (non-exotic skin) too?! wow, as if i need more options...!! did you by any chance see the grey?? TIA

09-01-2006
V.I.P.

i didn't see the leather ones in person as i think they're not out yet... i only saw the swatches.

09-01-2006
backstage pass

Hi there, I am totally new to Chloe and am in with the Edith. Where can I get on a waiting list??? Please don't tell me Neimans (I have been on the list there for several bags and never ONCE got a call, this after even calling all the time to follow up).

Please let me know, somebody, I just have to have this bag.

TIA!!!

09-01-2006
V.I.P.

^why don't you try london or paris? the salesperson said she'd call me when they get them in (which they think will be in about a month)... she made no mention of a waiting list.

09-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammab
Hi there, I am totally new to Chloe and am in with the Edith. Where can I get on a waiting list??? Please don't tell me Neimans (I have been on the list there for several bags and never ONCE got a call, this after even calling all the time to follow up).

Please let me know, somebody, I just have to have this bag.

TIA!!!
Bergdorf Goodman is maintaining a waiting list for the Edith and many other pieces from the Chloe S/S 06 collection :
http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store...terId=catstore

09-01-2006
V.I.P.

Love the brown bags in no. 39.

tfs star

yeah, i like the edith but so far not crazy about it, not that i wouldn't mind owning one! :p i have the feeling its one of those bags that are so much more amazing irl. and the style.com photos are so beautiful..i hope we can find out more about the colors soon.

the bow clutch is gorgeous!!! i wish they lightened up on the chain though.. i wonder how much it is.. reason tells me 800, but i have the feeling it'll be over a thou..

mammab - you can waitlist at the chloe boutique or pre-order from online shops

09-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
^why don't you try london or paris? the salesperson said she'd call me when they get them in (which they think will be in about a month)... she made no mention of a waiting list.
No waiting list? Alas, I think I am scarred from Balenciaga.....

Thanks meowmix -- I actually figured out to get on Chloes website (how brilliant of me) and click on their boutiques. I'm going to call NYC as soon as hubby leaves (don't want him hearing me call about yet, another bag).

I'm completely awestruck with this bag. It's so beautiful and I love that raw stitching and the slouchiness of it all.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the small and the large and are they both called Edith or is the larger one called something else??

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, al, betty, chloŽ, edith, gladys, s or s