How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-01-2006
scenester

mammab-you can also pre-order on the LVR website. I'm still debating about purchasing the Edith whiskey. Do know if I should pre-order from LVR, bergdorfs or wait until it comes out.

09-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammab
Hi there, I am totally new to Chloe and am in with the Edith. Where can I get on a waiting list??? Please don't tell me Neimans (I have been on the list there for several bags and never ONCE got a call, this after even calling all the time to follow up).

Please let me know, somebody, I just have to have this bag.

TIA!!!
Hi mammab!! I have ordered the Edith from Luisaviaroma - due to arrive in March. I too am in love with that bag!!

09-01-2006
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangsi1980
I must admit I am still undecided about the edith..the betty just doesn't cut it for me (can hear my credit card breath a sign of relief!!)

I immediately took a liking to the paddy and silverado when I first saw them.
Not to be a wet blanket, but I find the design of the edith a little uninspiring, it'll make a very sensible work bag...and I love the tan and the appearance of the crinkly leather, but it still strikes me as a quasi Balenciaga work..
Totally agreed!

09-01-2006
tfs star

the edith is not too edgey looking since the pocketed slouchy bags are kinda done to death, but i agree with some others that the leather could make it look very pretty in person...

09-01-2006
backstage pass

I absolutely loved the Edith in whiskey from the very second i laid eyes on it back in A/W 05. I've pre-ordered and paid for one at one store and on the waitlist at another. If I get both, hey I'm sure I can sell one!

I think the larger size would be great for travelling....

09-01-2006
fashion elite

Me too love the Edith in whiskey and agree with mammab about the raw stitching. I also like the gladys tote in grey.

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

09-01-2006
front row

I pre-ordered the Edith in the buttercream from Bergdorfs. They are incredibly nice about it! I can't wait.

09-01-2006
backstage pass

Hey you guys, how big is the bigger Edith?? Trying to choose which size to get, I love big bags.....currently am toting around a work balenciaga....

09-01-2006
backstage pass

I am supposedly on the waitlist for the whiskey Edith at BG, but I don't trust them because they didn't want to take my credit card number (huh?). I would pre-order from LVR, but the last time a company shipped me something fedex from out of the country, fedex demanded my social security number or they would not release the package to me. I refused to give it to them, and I told them to send the merchandise back. The retailer them shipped it regular mail without a problem. Has anyone who purchased from LVR had that experience? TIA.

09-01-2006
backstage pass

Oh, and btw, Chloe NY said they will have information about pre-orders for the Edith on January 15th.

09-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderbellas
I am supposedly on the waitlist for the whiskey Edith at BG, but I don't trust them because they didn't want to take my credit card number (huh?). I would pre-order from LVR, but the last time a company shipped me something fedex from out of the country, fedex demanded my social security number or they would not release the package to me. I refused to give it to them, and I told them to send the merchandise back. The retailer them shipped it regular mail without a problem. Has anyone who purchased from LVR had that experience? TIA.
The paddington I just received from LVR - customs (not fed ex) contacted me for my SS# and that didn't bother me. I had to fill out the customs form. I have a fax machine, the form was short and sweet - so it was no problem. Once I faxed the form to customs they released the bag so fed ex could deliver and I had it the next day. I am very leery of giving out my SS# - but I know how these things work, so it did not bother me. I think the advantage of fed ex, is speed in getting the merchandise, but I think LVR would ship by mail if requested since they did it for you.

09-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointie
I pre-ordered the Edith in the buttercream from Bergdorfs. They are incredibly nice about it! I can't wait.
Did they say when they are expecting it?

09-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriseel
I absolutely loved the Edith in whiskey from the very second i laid eyes on it back in A/W 05. I've pre-ordered and paid for one at one store and on the waitlist at another. If I get both, hey I'm sure I can sell one!

I think the larger size would be great for travelling....
I loved it from the moment I saw it for the first time too!

09-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by janyoung99
The paddington I just received from LVR - customs (not fed ex) contacted me for my SS# and that didn't bother me. I had to fill out the customs form. I have a fax machine, the form was short and sweet - so it was no problem. Once I faxed the form to customs they released the bag so fed ex could deliver and I had it the next day. I am very leery of giving out my SS# - but I know how these things work, so it did not bother me. I think the advantage of fed ex, is speed in getting the merchandise, but I think LVR would ship by mail if requested since they did it for you.
Thanks jan. I may pre-order from LVR just to be sure I get one asap.

10-01-2006
backstage pass

out of curiosity I just popped in to Chloe Hong Kong and they had 10 Edith's ordered but they all pre-sold! Interesting.....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, al, betty, chloŽ, edith, gladys, s or s