How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-03-2006
scenester

Hi everyone, i have been following your posts and your EXCELLENT advice, I have never posted, but have been taking notes and following your leads. Wow Edith is hard to get, its almost giving me a headache I swear. That and the Chloe boutiques arent the most helpful, right on the borderline of RUDE.

With my paddington from last spring which I bought in a boutique in France, the lock got stuck and I called Chloe NYC, they gave me a big speech on how they dont fix fakes, I said that is nice, I am sending you my bag with a copy of its receipt, and please let me know how much it will cost to fix. So they fixed it in the end but were so unhelpful, its like I love Chloe but not the people who work there! You spend $1300 on a bag and someone insinuates because you didnt buy it from them, that it is not genuine.

Anyway off subject, trying to get this bag without having to call Chloe! Thanks for your posts they are very helpful.

02-03-2006
tfs star

Edith is still available for purchase right now from NAP.

02-03-2006
V.I.P.

cool, I've been eyeing the Edith for a while now. I really like the casual vintage look of it. I pre-ordered the Whiskey color and just grabbed a pre order of it in Chocolate from NM, which showed up for about a minute on their website this morning. Don't know which I will prefer, liked the Whiskey color first but now am very excited about the Chocolate, it seems so inviting a color.

02-03-2006
tfs star

congrats morri!
the distressed one you saw, was it so much that it changed the structure of the bag?

02-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky*
congrats morri!
the distressed one you saw, was it so much that it changed the structure of the bag?
Hi Pinky...yes I have to say I thought the really distressed ones were a bit misshapen, not as square as the one I bought which is quite smooth. I nearly bought the distressed one as it was really nice despite that. But I already have a few paddys with the really textured leather so I thought a different leather would be good this time!

02-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by binky
Hi everyone, hi morriseel! I've been following this thread but this is my first post. Congratulations to those who have received their Edith bags. I'm hoping to get one as well. If hope you don't mind my asking... how much does On Pedder sell the Edith for? Many thanks!
Hi Binky, they retail for $9570hkd, cheaper if you have a Lane Crawford card.

03-03-2006
front row

hello morriseel,

HKD $9570...is it a small size? seems NAP and LVR selling a bit cheaper than Lane Crawford, right?

03-03-2006
windowshopping

thanks, morriseel. would you say the color IRL is close to Chloe-babe's pictures in posts 501 and 502? or is the color closer to the pictures on neimanmarcus.com and NAP?

03-03-2006
backstage pass

THe colour is pretty close to the ones in 502. However, she obviously used a flash and it has come up lighter...IRL mine is darker and warmer.

One interesting thing: I went to Milan Station to see if they would buy my second edith that i'm expecting next week. They said no at this stage cos they already had 3 in the shop this week and none of them had sold. It really surprised me, cos I'd assume there would be a bit of a rush.

Anyway, I might sell it on Ebay.

03-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee
hello morriseel,

HKD $9570...is it a small size? seems NAP and LVR selling a bit cheaper than Lane Crawford, right?
Yes, the small size, I think it's called medium though. Probably more expensive...HK is always more expensive. With Lane Crawford card it's $8600 hkd.

03-03-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriseel
THe colour is pretty close to the ones in 502. However, she obviously used a flash and it has come up lighter...IRL mine is darker and warmer.

One interesting thing: I went to Milan Station to see if they would buy my second edith that i'm expecting next week. They said no at this stage cos they already had 3 in the shop this week and none of them had sold. It really surprised me, cos I'd assume there would be a bit of a rush.

Anyway, I might sell it on Ebay.
the Edith, to me, is a lot more understated than any of the other Chloe bags so far. maybe some are still deciding if they love it. in my case, i loved it from the moment i saw the ad in the February 2006 issue of American Bazaar.

morriseel, slightly off-topic: i posted this question in the balenciaga thread but didn't get a response. you might know since you live in hong kong (although i think i remember reading you never got into balenciaga) --do you know where the balenciaga boutique is? TIA

03-03-2006
tfs star

thanks morri! i'm kinda shocked.. that milan station already has 3 sitting around.. i wonder how much MS is quoting for them.. and why they are there already..!!

03-03-2006
backstage pass

just fyi if anyone is interested...i saw photos this morning of some of the fall chloe line and they'll be offering an edith with longer handles that should fit over your shoulder

03-03-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycmom
just fyi if anyone is interested...i saw photos this morning of some of the fall chloe line and they'll be offering an edith with longer handles that should fit over your shoulder

Thanks nycmom...I'm pre-ordered for both sizes ...I have two kids and any purse I carry has to fit over my shoulder .

Do you know what colors are being offered for the fall:p ?

03-03-2006
front row

I too heard about the pre-fall Ediths when I was at NM
They are getting
tan
whiskey
and a dark gray with black top stitching!!!!

sorry I didn't I didn't pay attention to the topstitching colors for the other 2 colors b/c i was more interested in the gray. They will be taking a wait list, but we all know how NM is with their waitlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by demarish
Thanks nycmom...I'm pre-ordered for both sizes ...I have two kids and any purse I carry has to fit over my shoulder .

Do you know what colors are being offered for the fall:p ?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, al, betty, chloŽ, edith, gladys, s or s