How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-03-2006
backstage pass

stephbina - i'm sorry i don't, the pics i saw were at a boutique

morriseel - that last post cracked me up, on monday morning at a nursery school meeting i watched two women with black bettys staying on opposite ends of the room trying not to look at each other

09-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriseel
Since getting mine last Wednesday, I have seen about 8 Ediths on the streets of Hong Kong. Even saw one last night up at my son's class function at school!! I just literally bumped into this woman carrying hers and we kind of looked down and up and moved on! I kinda smiled, she didn't. Ahhhh Hong Kong. Gotta love that it-bag competition! It's everywhere, the unspoken bag rivalry. It's so funny.
haha, that is a great story morriseel. i have yet to see any ediths over here...

09-03-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriseel
Since getting mine last Wednesday, I have seen about 8 Ediths on the streets of Hong Kong. Even saw one last night up at my son's class function at school!! I just literally bumped into this woman carrying hers and we kind of looked down and up and moved on! I kinda smiled, she didn't. Ahhhh Hong Kong. Gotta love that it-bag competition! It's everywhere, the unspoken bag rivalry. It's so funny.
Morriseel - that made me crack up too. The only bag I've ever seen anyone else carry when I was also wearing it was the Whisky Paddy recently. We went out of our way to avoid eye contact and it was soooooo uncomfortable. I felt like such an idiot!

09-03-2006
front row

Yes, great stories! It's almost like wearing the same dress in the good ole days!

NYCMom, did you like the look of the other version of the Edith? Do you prefer it? I'm debating whether to return my Edith to NAP. My reservation is that it is handheld only and it might be impractical since I have two children. THanks

09-03-2006
front row

Does anyone know what the turquoise Edith will look like? Sounds intriguing, but then again, it sounds like it might be a Balenciaga-type turquoise...

09-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by style101
Morriseel - that made me crack up too. The only bag I've ever seen anyone else carry when I was also wearing it was the Whisky Paddy recently. We went out of our way to avoid eye contact and it was soooooo uncomfortable. I felt like such an idiot!
I'm bad - I actually walk up to people and say "nice bag!". But around here, that only happens with my Kors satchel!!

09-03-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by roey
I'm bad - I actually walk up to people and say "nice bag!". But around here, that only happens with my Kors satchel!!
LOL - see, you're lucky you don't have to run into other Chloe's on a regular basis!

09-03-2006
backstage pass

stephbina - it was hard to tell, the photo wasn't great (i mean not clear)...the shape seemed taller, less wide and it had a flap over the top but i couldn't get a real sense...i'm just assuming and hoping the leather will be the same because i think i am going to preorder one for the same reason, i have two kids and there is no way i can deal with a handheld only bag. i'm sorry i know that probably isn't much help. if i do find those photos anywhere online i'll post them for you!

09-03-2006
trendsetter

The pictures (Edith shoulder, someone referred to it as the Edith "canteen" bag) are available to view at Ron Herman if you are in the LA area.

09-03-2006
windowshopping

hi, all! does anyone have a picture of the dark brown Edith? Thank you!

09-03-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaumonde
Does anyone know what the turquoise Edith will look like? Sounds intriguing, but then again, it sounds like it might be a Balenciaga-type turquoise...
i think lvr had a pic of the turquoise edith in large ... the large edith is no longer on the site so i can't post it unfortunately. i remembered not liking the color for the edith style bag.

09-03-2006
windowshopping

to those who already have their Ediths, did you spray your bags with Apple Garde Rain & Stain Repellent?

10-03-2006
front row

mine is the first I have seen in London

'I like my money where I can see it - hanging in my closet'
Carrie Bradshaw
10-03-2006
front row

does anyone know if they are planning on doing a small sized edith bag?

10-03-2006
front row

Thanks NYCMom, I'm thinking of returning mine b/c I definitely need both hands most of the time, like you!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, al, betty, chloŽ, edith, gladys, s or s