How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-03-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephBina
Thanks NYCMom, I'm thinking of returning mine b/c I definitely need both hands most of the time, like you!
I LOVE my Edith but I am comtemplating returning it (or selling on ebay) too - for the same reason. If they had only included a detachable shoulder strap - it would fit the style. (what to do, what to do ??????? )

10-03-2006
still here

so what do you all think my best method to get a chamois edith is? anyone know when/if it will be available on nap at some point?

I feel like you all always have the insider info...

10-03-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by janyoung99
I LOVE my Edith but I am comtemplating returning it (or selling on ebay) too - for the same reason. If they had only included a detachable shoulder strap - it would fit the style. (what to do, what to do ??????? )
SO is it safe to safe from all the moms that the tote style Edith is not good to use w/kids . I am pre-ordered for both sizes .

This feedback is really helpful! My husband used to laugh...but now he understands why this forum is needed and valued...or was he just trying to .

Anyway...as a an active; hands-on mom with a 5 yeard old and 8 month old I appreciate you feedback.

10-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by demarish
SO is it safe to safe from all the moms that the tote style Edith is not good to use w/kids . I am pre-ordered for both sizes .

This feedback is really helpful! My husband used to laugh...but now he understands why this forum is needed and valued...or was he just trying to .

Anyway...as a an active; hands-on mom with a 5 yeard old and 8 month old I appreciate you feedback.
I so agree with you. It is great to have this forum and get the opinions of everyone. When you spend as much $$ as we all do for a bag you have to really think about it. I only can get 1 or 2 bags a season so I have to choose carefully.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts on the Edith!! I guess I will just wait for mine to come in and see how it fits me.

It would be really great to see some photos of everyone holding their Ediths. I have yet to see anyone walking around with one in San Francisco.

10-03-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa
so what do you all think my best method to get a chamois edith is? anyone know when/if it will be available on nap at some point?

call 212/872-8894 and ask renelle to hold one for you.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc1871
I so agree with you. It is great to have this forum and get the opinions of everyone. When you spend as much $$ as we all do for a bag you have to really think about it. I only can get 1 or 2 bags a season so I have to choose carefully.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts on the Edith!! I guess I will just wait for mine to come in and see how it fits me.

It would be really great to see some photos of everyone holding their Ediths. I have yet to see anyone walking around with one in San Francisco.
i did see a woman with her large python betty and it was so ugly! but she thought was was hot stuff.

trendsetter

Wish Edith had slightly longer handles and was about 2-3 inches wider...

10-03-2006
front row

I've been seeing the gold sequin clutch for sale, but not with the cute bus charm! Where to get one of those?

10-03-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal
Wish Edith had slightly longer handles and was about 2-3 inches wider...
I agree - so annoying. Actually, in comparing it to the handles on the Bal City, they're actually almost the same size, but the City has that little dip right under the handles that lets you get it on your shoulder in a pinch. The Bal's also softer - since the top zipper of the Edith is so stiff, there's no way you can fit it over the shoulder - just a tiny bit longer handle on that sucker and I would have been so happy!

10-03-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc1871

I agree...they should have sent "sample" bags out to the stores so that you could go in and try them on ...before you pre-ordered.

I think many of our fellow TSFers are going to be sending their bags back or posting them on Ebay .

10-03-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by demarish
I agree...they should have sent "sample" bags out to the stores so that you could go in and try them on ...before you pre-ordered.

I think many of our fellow TSFers are going to be sending their bags back or posting them on Ebay .
that's ok if you want to return or sell it. at least you are figuring out what's not working for you regarding the edith and you can spend your money on other bags that works for you!

seems that most want longer handles for putting on the shoulders - something i would prefer too. i was thinking as an everyday work bag shoulder-capabilities would be nice. if i am just using it to go shopping on the weekend or something like that, i really don't mind the handheld. i don't have any kids (yet) so that option is doable for me.

i still love the edith though.

10-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa

Bob Ellis shoes will be getting chamois. You can pre order. Ask for Troy. He's great. 843-722-2515.

rising star

I decided I need to buy a Edith today.. is it possible to locate or waitlist a Edith right now? I hope i can get it asap, will NAP or LVR still have stock?

and may I know the retail price for Edith?

11-03-2006
scenester

I think it's 1275

11-03-2006
tfs star

NAP and LVR no longer have them in stock - sold out pretty much immediately on NAP and the LVR pre-order is "sold out" too. you can try waitlisting on NM, Saks, or Bergdorf Goodman but their lists may be long. NM.com and BG online had them for pre-order a few weeks ago. Occasionally you will see one pre-order floating around on nm.com but you have to catch it because it disappears really fast.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, al, betty, chloŽ, edith, gladys, s or s