How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
10-03-2006
  781
tfs star
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephBina
Thanks NYCMom, I'm thinking of returning mine b/c I definitely need both hands most of the time, like you!
I LOVE my Edith but I am comtemplating returning it (or selling on ebay) too - for the same reason. If they had only included a detachable shoulder strap - it would fit the style. (what to do, what to do ??????? )

  Reply With Quote
 
10-03-2006
  782
still here
 
mundodabolsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nyc
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,346
so what do you all think my best method to get a chamois edith is? anyone know when/if it will be available on nap at some point?

I feel like you all always have the insider info...

__________________

  Reply With Quote
10-03-2006
  783
scenester
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by janyoung99
I LOVE my Edith but I am comtemplating returning it (or selling on ebay) too - for the same reason. If they had only included a detachable shoulder strap - it would fit the style. (what to do, what to do ??????? )
SO is it safe to safe from all the moms that the tote style Edith is not good to use w/kids . I am pre-ordered for both sizes .

This feedback is really helpful! My husband used to laugh...but now he understands why this forum is needed and valued...or was he just trying to .

Anyway...as a an active; hands-on mom with a 5 yeard old and 8 month old I appreciate you feedback.

  Reply With Quote
10-03-2006
  784
front row
 
hc1871's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Murphys, CA
Gender: femme
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by demarish
SO is it safe to safe from all the moms that the tote style Edith is not good to use w/kids . I am pre-ordered for both sizes .

This feedback is really helpful! My husband used to laugh...but now he understands why this forum is needed and valued...or was he just trying to .

Anyway...as a an active; hands-on mom with a 5 yeard old and 8 month old I appreciate you feedback.
I so agree with you. It is great to have this forum and get the opinions of everyone. When you spend as much $$ as we all do for a bag you have to really think about it. I only can get 1 or 2 bags a season so I have to choose carefully.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts on the Edith!! I guess I will just wait for mine to come in and see how it fits me.

It would be really great to see some photos of everyone holding their Ediths. I have yet to see anyone walking around with one in San Francisco.

  Reply With Quote
10-03-2006
  785
fashion elite
 
LilyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa
so what do you all think my best method to get a chamois edith is? anyone know when/if it will be available on nap at some point?

I feel like you all always have the insider info...
call 212/872-8894 and ask renelle to hold one for you.

__________________
In the city there's a thousand things I want to say to you
  Reply With Quote
10-03-2006
  786
fashion elite
 
LilyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by hc1871
I so agree with you. It is great to have this forum and get the opinions of everyone. When you spend as much $$ as we all do for a bag you have to really think about it. I only can get 1 or 2 bags a season so I have to choose carefully.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts on the Edith!! I guess I will just wait for mine to come in and see how it fits me.

It would be really great to see some photos of everyone holding their Ediths. I have yet to see anyone walking around with one in San Francisco.
i did see a woman with her large python betty and it was so ugly! but she thought was was hot stuff.

__________________
In the city there's a thousand things I want to say to you
  Reply With Quote
10-03-2006
  787
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,134
Wish Edith had slightly longer handles and was about 2-3 inches wider...

  Reply With Quote
10-03-2006
  788
front row
 
beaumonde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NY/LONdon
Gender: femme
Posts: 293
I've been seeing the gold sequin clutch for sale, but not with the cute bus charm! Where to get one of those?

  Reply With Quote
10-03-2006
  789
rising star
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal
Wish Edith had slightly longer handles and was about 2-3 inches wider...
I agree - so annoying. Actually, in comparing it to the handles on the Bal City, they're actually almost the same size, but the City has that little dip right under the handles that lets you get it on your shoulder in a pinch. The Bal's also softer - since the top zipper of the Edith is so stiff, there's no way you can fit it over the shoulder - just a tiny bit longer handle on that sucker and I would have been so happy!

  Reply With Quote
10-03-2006
  790
scenester
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by hc1871
I so agree with you. It is great to have this forum and get the opinions of everyone. When you spend as much $$ as we all do for a bag you have to really think about it. I only can get 1 or 2 bags a season so I have to choose carefully.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts on the Edith!! I guess I will just wait for mine to come in and see how it fits me.

It would be really great to see some photos of everyone holding their Ediths. I have yet to see anyone walking around with one in San Francisco.
I agree...they should have sent "sample" bags out to the stores so that you could go in and try them on ...before you pre-ordered.

I think many of our fellow TSFers are going to be sending their bags back or posting them on Ebay .

  Reply With Quote
10-03-2006
  791
tfs star
 
shopping247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: I ♥ McQueen
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by demarish
I agree...they should have sent "sample" bags out to the stores so that you could go in and try them on ...before you pre-ordered.

I think many of our fellow TSFers are going to be sending their bags back or posting them on Ebay .
that's ok if you want to return or sell it. at least you are figuring out what's not working for you regarding the edith and you can spend your money on other bags that works for you!

seems that most want longer handles for putting on the shoulders - something i would prefer too. i was thinking as an everyday work bag shoulder-capabilities would be nice. if i am just using it to go shopping on the weekend or something like that, i really don't mind the handheld. i don't have any kids (yet) so that option is doable for me.

i still love the edith though.

__________________
Fashion is ephmeral, dangerous, and unfair
- Karl Lagerfeld
  Reply With Quote
10-03-2006
  792
front row
 
Amalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa
so what do you all think my best method to get a chamois edith is? anyone know when/if it will be available on nap at some point?

I feel like you all always have the insider info...
Bob Ellis shoes will be getting chamois. You can pre order. Ask for Troy. He's great. 843-722-2515.

__________________
"Fashions fade, style is eternal." YSL
  Reply With Quote
11-03-2006
  793
rising star
 
cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 176
I decided I need to buy a Edith today.. is it possible to locate or waitlist a Edith right now? I hope i can get it asap, will NAP or LVR still have stock?

and may I know the retail price for Edith?

  Reply With Quote
11-03-2006
  794
scenester
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 95
I think it's 1275

  Reply With Quote
11-03-2006
  795
tfs star
 
shopping247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: I ♥ McQueen
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,856
NAP and LVR no longer have them in stock - sold out pretty much immediately on NAP and the LVR pre-order is "sold out" too. you can try waitlisting on NM, Saks, or Bergdorf Goodman but their lists may be long. NM.com and BG online had them for pre-order a few weeks ago. Occasionally you will see one pre-order floating around on nm.com but you have to catch it because it disappears really fast.

__________________
Fashion is ephmeral, dangerous, and unfair
- Karl Lagerfeld
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, al, betty, chloŽ, edith, gladys, s or s
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.