How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by drel39
you know, i hadn't really been impressed with the new season bags i've seen so far... but i'm becoming a big fan of the edith. really considering getting either the gray or whiskey from bergdorf. i love the slouchy looking leather on the lvr close up pics.
Finde's pics from the trunk show sold me - those bags look GORGEOUS in her pic!

11-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by janyoung99
Finde's pics from the trunk show sold me - those bags look GORGEOUS in her pic!
that's what i was thinking too!! belated thanks to Finde! so are you going to get the whiskey, jan? i just emailed bergdorf to see if i could still reserve one..and i totally agree with what you said about the first run quality..

11-01-2006
tfs star

my favourite is the one from style.com with the black background

i dunno.. i just seem to have the feeling this bag won't be insanely hard to locate once its out (maybe not feeling the hype yet?)..

12-01-2006
backstage pass

I just pre-ordered my THIRD Edith in whiskey, this one is fully paid for. I know it's crazy but I so badly want the bag, from back in September 05', and now that it seems to becoming a popular bag, i'm worried something will go wrong with my order.

While in the store I saw a sample. It is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I also asked the SA to reserve me a large one as I think it would be wonderful as travel luggage.

I also bought some Spring Chloe shoes to go with it. Now I just need to see which of the three stores comes through first. After that, ebay here I come with the second and third!!

12-01-2006
backstage pass

I also agree with Janyoung that ANY of Philo's bags will now be very sought after. Wonder if our first season Paddy's will increase in value???!!! Sadly doubt it, just wishful thinking

12-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by drel39
that's what i was thinking too!! belated thanks to Finde! so are you going to get the whiskey, jan? i just emailed bergdorf to see if i could still reserve one..and i totally agree with what you said about the first run quality..
I've already ordered the whiskey from LVR. They told me March delivery. I can hardly wait (but a little delay will be good for my poor credit card!)

12-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriseel
I just pre-ordered my THIRD Edith in whiskey, this one is fully paid for. I know it's crazy but I so badly want the bag, from back in September 05', and now that it seems to becoming a popular bag, i'm worried something will go wrong with my order.

While in the store I saw a sample. It is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I also asked the SA to reserve me a large one as I think it would be wonderful as travel luggage.

I also bought some Spring Chloe shoes to go with it. Now I just need to see which of the three stores comes through first. After that, ebay here I come with the second and third!!
Oh Morri - you're like me, when I ordered 2 ivory paddies and then forgot that I had ordered two !! A little OT but I'm dying to know which shoes you got!

12-01-2006
G86
front row

Quote:
If you think you can make a decision regarding color and size - or even a guess - I think you should go ahead and order it from somewhere you know you can make a return (not just a store credit). This bag was featured in the "Get On the Wait List Now" section of the latest Shop, Etc. mag (makes me think - watch out! - the herds are on their way) I also think anything from Phoebe Philo's last season - whether she designed the bag or not - is going to be in demand. Man, I totally LOVE this bag - and personally, I think whiskey is THE color.

P.S. I just thought of this - you know how the first issues of a bag seem to be the highest quality - that it all sort of slowly goes down hill after that? I'd jump on the bandwagon now.
so is Phoebe really leaving chloe???? i thought that was just a rumer

12-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Oh Morri - you're like me, when I ordered 2 ivory paddies and then forgot that I had ordered two !! A little OT but I'm dying to know which shoes you got!
:p Check out the 'post your shoes' thread'...i got the spring06 Chloe chunky shoes. The pic shows them in choc brown, but i got them in a dark tan.

12-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by G86
so is Phoebe really leaving chloe???? i thought that was just a rumer
No, completely for real... Vogue.co.uk already speculated on replacements. Roland Mouret is odds-on fave.

12-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriseel
:p Check out the 'post your shoes' thread'...i got the spring06 Chloe chunky shoes. The pic shows them in choc brown, but i got them in a dark tan.
Thanks - I'll check it out - I know they're fabulous.

12-01-2006
tfs star

theres a thread about philo resigning from chloe..
i think richemont denied rumors of mouret, sth like "he's definately not being considered",etc.. who knows..

so what is everyone considering? (i know morri's got 3 whiskeys on hold for her ) i'm thinking taupe or whiskey..

12-01-2006
front row

Buttercream (aka taupe) is first choice, grey second. Whiskey is beautiful, but would not work with my clothes, alas.

12-01-2006
tfs star

hm.. this is what i thought..

buttercream = yellow (lvr and chloe pic)
taupe = beigey white in trunkshow pic
grey = grey

and just to complete the list of known colors:

whiskey
chocolat
more?

12-01-2006
front row

The Bergdorfs contact told me that there are only three colors: buttercream (which she described as taupe-y beige), whiskey, and grey.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, al, betty, chloŽ, edith, gladys, s or s