Classic Chanel Bags - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-12-2005
rising star

having seen the caviar and lambskin classic flaps in person, i believe that only the lambskin classic flaps come with the burgandy lining (and always have), not the caviar ones.

13-12-2005
front row

Bestmaggie thats lovely.....how much do they retail for new? I bought mine in a second hand shop

13-12-2005
backstage pass

Balbabe, Apple - thank you for your insights. I'm officially on the prowl for that bag - regardless of maintenance - its not often I find something I just can't live without...

13-12-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple124
having seen the caviar and lambskin classic flaps in person, i believe that only the lambskin classic flaps come with the burgandy lining (and always have), not the caviar ones.
thanks for your insight, apple! i didn't realize that...having just looked at the black caviar :p
the inside of which is black

13-12-2005
tfs star

My patent classic doesn't have burgandy either, it's black.

13-12-2005
windowshopping

[quote=missbradshaw]Bestmaggie thats lovely.....how much do they retail for new? I bought mine in a second hand shop[/q]
Large is $2025 CAD plus tax total $2328 .

17-12-2005
V.I.P.

Chanel Quilted Caviar Tote
hey guys... can any of you give me a price quote on this bag? our saks has it in black, pink and beige, but last time i was there i didn't get the chance to check the price. thanks in advance...

photos: ebay

17-12-2005
windowshopping

Hi! I almost bought that bag in pink. If I remember correctly, it's something around $1,200.00. It can't be more than a couple hundred more or less than that.

18-12-2005
fashion insider

I think it's called the medallion and it used to be in the 1400s...I'm not sure if they increased the price

Last edited by Foxie-Pooh; 18-12-2005 at 01:25 AM.
04-01-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
hey guys... can any of you give me a price quote on this bag? our saks has it in black, pink and beige, but last time i was there i didn't get the chance to check the price. thanks in advance...
ebay
My mom bought that bag last week in white, the Chanel Caviar tote in white (the SA said it had just arrived for the cruise collection). Anyways, the price tag was for $1650. It's an absolute BEAUTIFUL bag.

Last edited by vintage_princess; 09-01-2006 at 07:44 PM.
05-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbatik

WHAT is this Chanel bag called? I NEED this bag in the worst possible way...
I'm kinda late replying - don't know if you still need the info, I just read your thread.
That bag is pictured in SFA's March 2004 catalog. The catalog describes it as "lambskin fold-over saddle handbag in blush pink". $1250 #441-2732-8657

I thought it was a pretty bag too so I kept the page from the catalog - next best thing to having the real thing!

Last edited by vintage_princess; 09-01-2006 at 07:44 PM.
09-01-2006
tfs star

Ok, I can't stop thinking about the classic black 2.55- so i'm going to invest in one!

However, i need some advice if anyone is happy to share their thoughts- I simply cannot choose between the calfskin (textured) and lamskin (smooth) - i'm going to go for the medium sized one with the gold and leather chain, rather than the smallest (it's only a few hundred difference).

The other thing, does anyone know how much they are in London, Paris, or Tokyo? I'm going there later this year, so if it's much cheaper than in the Melbourne boutique, i can wait until then.

Thanks everyone!

09-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAIA GIRL
I REALLY LOVE THE WHITE ONE IN CROCHET. IT'S A FANTASTIC ONE ! ! ! !
Alaia girl, what bag is this (from the first page)? It's fantastic! It looks like a cassette tape

25-01-2006
windowshopping

i agree classic flap chanel is gorgeous i have it in pink and in white i looooove chanel they are definately number 1 theyre style is so unique and beuatiful i own 8 of their bags now and still growing! i want to sell my pink and white one tho because i want to get the chanel multipocket for all my little accesories and want to get the classic chanel in black

Last edited by vintage_princess; 08-02-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, chanel, classic