How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-06-2005
trendsetter

cleaning of L.A.M.B. lesportsac bag
hi, i've got a black hella hobo bag, and its got a tiny bit of what i think is red lipstick on a bit of one of the white letters. the fabric looks pretty sturdy-is it ok to toss it in the wash on gentle cycle, or should i try to hand wash it in woolite? i know its "just a lamb bag" but i do like it, and they actually turned out to be a bit of an investment-the bag i paid under 60 bucks for is going for 120 on ebay.

annyways-how do i clean it?

20-06-2005
offline.

Start out trying to hand wash it... if that doesn't work... get some shout and spray the stain... let it sit for a bit... then wash it inside out taking off as much hardware as you can ... I know some of those bags came with the keychains and stuff... so remove them before you wash it.

20-06-2005
trendsetter

k, thanks chick i just wasnt sure how durable they are..i mean the fabric LOOKS like it wouldnt rip or discolor easily, but then you never know... i'll try in the sink with some woolite first and see what that does

20-06-2005
offline.

nylon is pretty durable... i think it also has ripstop on it too... so I wouldn't worry about having to throw it in the wash if you had to.

08-07-2005
V.I.P.

the first week i had my 1st edition i spilt a whole bottle of apple juice in it. and the funny thing is, that because its the nylon, every drop stayed in the bag!hahaha. but yes, you can indeed wash them fine. i suggest doing it by hand or throwing it in the machine but on gentle and INSIDE a cotton pillow case! i just sold mine on ebay for $380 and i only paid $86 when i first got it. it came with the scarf as a free gift too and i got $100 for that. yah, talk about an investment!! ;P

08-07-2005
God Save McQueen

try a bleach pen. you can just use it on the white letters

09-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade
try a bleach pen. you can just use it on the white letters
i definately would not use a bleach pen! because the fabric is synthetic and black and white, the bleach wouldn't really do that much and may damage the black part of the bag. you can use bleach pens on natural fibers more efficiently because the stain is inbetween he fibers whch fray and absorb liquids/stains/etc. with nylon, like when its under a microscope, they are tiny synthetic fibers woven together but are solid fibers, similar to platic strips. i would try a mild soap or borax, which works wonders and wont fade whatever your cleaning.

09-07-2005
trendsetter

just to update, i ended up using warm water and dish detergent and it worked fine, the bag is spotless now

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag, cleaning, lamb, lesportsac