How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2006
tfs star

I also know that the bags will be carried by Helen Yi in Chicago.

24-04-2006
fashion insider

mmm @ the persephone.

07-05-2006
front row

i can't completely make up my mind on this bag...

07-05-2006
backstage pass

I saw these in Vogue too...and while I love the colour and shape the blingy gold is so not my style. I'd love to see more pics!

07-05-2006
trendsetter

these bags are so well done and distinguished looking for a rather new line, really beautiful.

07-05-2006
tfs star

i think the persephone could be fall's big hit.

maybe derek lam will finally turn a profit!!!

08-05-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessImp.
The Persephone is on my "Should I or shouldn't I" bag list for Fall.
I love the size and the design though I agree with Taitai that it would be fantastic if the hardware was less "bling", based on what I've seen from the photos.
However, $2150 is a little pricey for it..given that I have busted my bag budget for like this lifetime and the next.
I agree with you...$2150 is really pricey its his first collection of handbags AND he isn't a mega designer yet. Granted I love him...but its the same price as a Spy bag...but its fendi, its a lifetime bag, and its special to make.

I would like to have one at $1200 because I feel the gold hardware pops out alot and I think over time I would get tired of it.....

08-05-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

Derek Lam is consistantly overpriced. I am constantly shocked at how much he is charging considering he is new on the scene. I think to survive he either needs to find some new suppliers or re-evaluate because I think it's a bit ridiculous. The bags are gorg. though

08-05-2006
fashion icon

I just talked to the manager at the boutique in Dallas I shop at...they are getting all the bags as seen on the runway. I was asking him about the price and he said yes they are expensive but the leather is the best leather he has ever seen. Its made really big and the 2150 bag is gigantic...he said the green 1800 bag is the best....so I will see it when it comes in!

08-05-2006
boop

Fabulous! Let us know when they come in. I cannot wait to get my hands on these beauties. They are on the expensive side but if the leather is beautiful then I'm more than willing to go for it. I also love that they are going to be the bags as seen on the runways.

I also feel like these are going to be a hit. They're very unique and I kind of like that Derek Lam isn't as known a designer. I feel like all the hot bags seem to come from the same 5 or 6 labels and its time we got some new blood! It also helps to prevent the bags from becoming so very ubiquitous and/or copied. I'd love it if more designers got in on the handbag game.

Last edited by Luxx; 08-05-2006 at 08:00 PM.
08-05-2006
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by guccigal07
I just talked to the manager at the boutique in Dallas I shop at...they are getting all the bags as seen on the runway. I was asking him about the price and he said yes they are expensive but the leather is the best leather he has ever seen. Its made really big and the 2150 bag is gigantic...he said the green 1800 bag is the best....so I will see it when it comes in!
That's great news! Anything less than 2K is a lot more palatable, than Im guessing if the leather's as gorgoeous as it's suppose to be, I may just cave in if I ever see one in real life.

Hmm...gigantic? I like the sound of that

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
08-05-2006
fashion icon

yeah the 2k one is supposed to be huge...as he says. He told me if I were to get one...to get the green 1850 one....so....we shall see. I probably won't get it b ut it will be fun to see!

09-05-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

ooh keep us updated. The green is gorgeous and I think the medium is quite a practical size, seems similar in size to my ramona ? Any other bag size comparison?

09-05-2006
fashion icon

yeah I bet this bag is alot like the ramona!

10-05-2006
backstage pass

these bags are cute.
i love derek lam stuff!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, derek, lam