How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-05-2006
Adorable illusion

^ yes I love the clutch inside too.

03-06-2006
trendsetter

June edition of Elle magazine has a half-page spread feature on Derek Lam's bags. I think I like the evening clutch ($990). The magenta/burgundy satchel ($1950) looks kinda nice too.

04-06-2006
tfs star

I think I've about decided to pre-order the one with the chain strap in green from LVR. I LOVE that bag!

04-06-2006
fashion icon

I can't wait till I get a call from my boutique so I can go check them out. The clutch might be REALLY fun.

05-06-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

I can't find the Derek Lam bags on LVR. Can someone give me a direct link?

05-06-2006
boop

Here's the LVR link

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Co...odCategoria=50

These look so gorgeous. I cannot wait to see them in person and get a look at that leather. It looks so rich and buttery. My fall shopping list is getting longer and longer!

05-06-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

Thanks, when i was on the site on Friday and in the fall/winter bags section it kept saying 'coming soon'. They do look gorg and i'm sure the leather will be great but I'm still on the fence.

05-06-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx
Here's the LVR link

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Co...odCategoria=50

These look so gorgeous. I cannot wait to see them in person and get a look at that leather. It looks so rich and buttery. My fall shopping list is getting longer and longer!
Me too!! I need to get a grip on this! Just preordered the Muse in Olive; want at least one Balenciaga if the leather is improved, the Derek with the chain strap, a chanel jumbo caviar classic, and I'm digging some of the MJ bags (and I'm STILL paying off summer bags!!)

05-06-2006
fashion icon

jan- I would def get the Lam bags...those will come and be gone. As for Balenciaga....if you hold off usually they will be on ebay sellers like personalshoppers over buy...and have to sell at a loss so you can get at a good deal?

05-06-2006
V.I.P.

hmm, the green bag is really gorgeous! I think that Derek Lam has not reached a production point where his cost is decreasing. It takes time for him to reach that point to price the products in a more reasonable way, or offer more with the same price level. From the pictures I see, the bags are really practical and beautiful. The leather looks so soft yet durable. It's a very nice start for him

05-06-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
Thanks, when i was on the site on Friday and in the fall/winter bags section it kept saying 'coming soon'. They do look gorg and i'm sure the leather will be great but I'm still on the fence.
Meg, I haven't decided on the bigger bags either but I've already placed an order for the black evening clutch bag. I think it looks fun! Will post pics as soon as I get it.

The only thing that's stopping me from getting the bigger bags (the design of which I do like) is the yellow gold bright-ish hardware. I wish it was more toned down.

05-06-2006
scenester

Love, love, looove the green one... Or well, all of them really. Does anyone know where to buy them in London? - I'm going there August 1th, and if possible i would love to see the bags up-close

06-06-2006
backstage pass

Just popped onto LVR and had a look. I likey now! Where will I get one? LVR charges huge shipping amounts!

Last edited by morriseel; 06-06-2006 at 05:09 PM.
06-06-2006
fashion elite

I think the hardware centre piece dragon head(upside down)?? It looks like resemble the one Gucci did for their Fall 04 accessories, no??. I much prefer the gucci one.

Pics credit style.com

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

06-06-2006
backstage pass

^klow, do they sell Derek Lam in Australia? I'm moving back there and wonder if I should get one there or pre-order in Hong Kong?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, derek, lam