How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-06-2006
fashion elite

No there isn't, you're better of pre-order one if you really want it.

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

06-06-2006
tfs star

klow - i agree with you that the dragon center piece resemble those from gucci 04.

jan - did you end up pre-ordering the green bag?

morri - yes, the LVR shipping is really high. they do delivery fast (they use DHL) and i believe if you spend over 1000 eu they ship for free. double check that on their shipping page.

06-06-2006
fashion icon

the Derek bags have a ram head center piece bc he is an Aries. one drawback for me. I don't do those sign things and certainly don't want someone elses on a bag!

I think LVR is the best way to do it. because you for sure secure it.

if you call around to boutiques they might tell you they are going to call you but don't. small boutiques don't want to like just ship it to anywhere...they want to help their clients you know?

also you might call derek lam sales dereklam.com don't email they never get back to you...but if you ask for sales see if like elux is getting them or something? maybe neimans.com

06-06-2006
fashion elite

^I'm glad you agree. Off topic my blush elise still on hold at our custom. I had paid aud$267.00 for the taxes and duties here. Btw! thanks for your help shopping

morriseel - You would have to pay taxed and duties here when your bag arrive here.

Last edited by klow-chloe'; 06-06-2006 at 09:19 PM.
06-06-2006
tfs star

i totally forgot about your elise!!! OMG i can't wait for you to get it! post to the thread when you get it. hope customs will release it soon!

gucci - i don't mind the aries so much (my sis is aries so that is fine with me...i luv her like crazy...) i already checked with kirna zabete for these bags (emailed them) and they just got back to me saying they are not carrying these bags for the fall. too bad.

06-06-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by guccigal07
the Derek bags have a ram head center piece bc he is an Aries. one drawback for me. I don't do those sign things and certainly don't want someone elses on a bag!

I think LVR is the best way to do it. because you for sure secure it.

if you call around to boutiques they might tell you they are going to call you but don't. small boutiques don't want to like just ship it to anywhere...they want to help their clients you know?

also you might call derek lam sales dereklam.com don't email they never get back to you...but if you ask for sales see if like elux is getting them or something? maybe neimans.com
Ahh now I can see that the centre piece is a ram head and not the dragon head, thanks for that

some ram head pic form my google

06-06-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopping247
i totally forgot about your elise!!! OMG i can't wait for you to get it! post to the thread when you get it. hope customs will release it soon!

gucci - i don't mind the aries so much (my sis is aries so that is fine with me...i luv her like crazy...) i already checked with kirna zabete for these bags (emailed them) and they just got back to me saying they are not carrying these bags for the fall. too bad.
shopping, have you checked with Bergdorf? I already emailed my friend V, and asked about availability of the bags in the US. Will keep you posted.

06-06-2006
fashion icon

I plan on calling NM buying office tomorrow and calling my person I know at Derek Lam I met at the trunk show to find out.

Also, they are all up at LVR and I know they probably only ordered like 2-3 max you know and they aren't sold out yet....

06-06-2006
tfs star

taitai - i will call my lady tomorrow at BG and see what she finds out for me. will report back if i find out anything good.

06-06-2006
tfs star

[I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopping247 [/I

jan - did you end up pre-ordering the green bag?

I haven't yet - it's alot of money and a return to LVR is expensive and a hassle. I really love the bag - I guess I just need to take the plunge!

On the subject of the ram's head - that's been a rather common and classic motif on jewelry over the years - I don't particularly associate it with astrology even though I know it's why Derek chose it.

06-06-2006
V.I.P.

I like his bags!

07-06-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

In London I'm sure Selfridges and Harvey Nichols will carry them. Possibly Harrods but thats a bit iffy. Also possibly Matches. In the states in terms of smaller boutiques I think Milk in LA will be carrying the bags possibly even on their website. So it might be worth ringing them.

07-06-2006
backstage pass

[quote=klow-chloe'
morriseel - You would have to pay taxed and duties here when your bag arrive here.[/quote]

Oh nooo...I forgot about Oz customs!!!!! Will have to factor that into my monthly shopping budget Hong Kong is a duty free port...we pay NOTHING! Oh dear, how I will miss my beloved Hong Kong.

07-06-2006
rising star

I really like this bag, but I'm so torn between it (in bottlegreen) and the new wisteria taupe Fendi Spy for Fall06. Oh, what is a girl to do?

07-06-2006
fashion icon

ReiM-you already have 2 fendi spys....get something different.

UPDATE! Neiman Marcus STORES did NOT order these bags. I called Neiman Marcus online and they didn't get it either.

Will call Barneys and Bergdorf too.

Last edited by guccigal07; 07-06-2006 at 08:08 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, derek, lam