How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-06-2006
boop

Info on bag sizes/colors that I got from Maria at Derek Lam

Quote:
In size order:
- Clothilde Clutch
- Violet Satchel, bag with the chain hadles
- Hildegard Hobo, bag with two zippers at the bottom (smaller version)
- Persephone Tote, bag with two zippers at the bottom (larger version)

All come in black, bottlegreen, brown, and oxblood.
The green bag on LVR would be the medium size

08-06-2006
fashion icon

good to know. I am on the list or promise list whatever for the oxblood Violet

08-06-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

mmm I really love the oxblood and bottlegreen. There is just something so enticing and beautiful about having really rich coloured bags in winter. Summer it's less of an issue but I just have this image in my head. eeek, i'm really craving these bags now. This thread is such a bad influence. At the beginning we were all, no way, how overpriced and now look at us

08-06-2006
fashion icon

I really love both of those too. I feel that the green might be just a bit weird for me so the oxblood will be different enough and a fun color I don't have.

well there is alot of craft in the bag. Yes, it should be several hundred less but there is alot of quality in it.

Very limited too which is nice!

I am not 100% sure I am getting. I am just so excited for it but I have picked apart why....its a new bag, new shape new designer you know?

Everything else out there is teh same old with a new color. YSL, Balenciaga, Fendi, Chloe etc etc etc

08-06-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

yes it's so good to have some fresh blood on the market so to speak. too bad it's not cheap blood

08-06-2006
fashion icon

I am still in love with YSL...and Hermes really. I do love the Fendi spy bag

but I am tired of the designs. Tired of fendi b bags, balenciaga all those chloe..........

there just isn't many designers that haven't been hot for awhile or ever with bags...coming out with fab things.

08-06-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by guccigal07
I am still in love with YSL...and Hermes really. I do love the Fendi spy bag

but I am tired of the designs. Tired of fendi b bags, balenciaga all those chloe..........

there just isn't many designers that haven't been hot for awhile or ever with bags...coming out with fab things.
I couldn't agree more...there doesn't appear to be alot of innovation in the market! I think 2004/5 was a total saturation of new designs and everyone's waiting around twiddling their thumbs for something new. I guess that's why I like this bag!

What do you think of the brown colour?

08-06-2006
fashion icon

hey there. the pic I posted a few post back I don't know if its the oxblood or brown but I love it whatever it is.

The only color I have a clear understanding is the bottle which I like but not my top choice.

08-06-2006
backstage pass

(style.com)
Going by the colours above yours is the oxblood. I think I prefer the oxblood..there's another pic with the brown and the gold is very very blingy against it. Still, the brown is a nice colour in itself.

08-06-2006
fashion icon

I think the chain is ox too bc the manager of my boutique said they ordered just like on the runway. love it! all are nice.

08-06-2006
backstage pass

They are indeed! I'm wondering now if i actually love the hildegarde even more? It's sort of less dainty and more slouchy. I've gotta stop thinking about it... I cant add any more weight to my credit card. Ouch..

08-06-2006
tfs star

i can't decide if the middle one is my most or least favorite.

it's striking, but i just wonder how the hardware would feel over time.

why don't these people make a deep purple or deep blue? the bottle green is nice, but that shade (unlike the jewel tone green spy) does not look good against olive skin.

08-06-2006
boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepositano
why don't these people make a deep purple or deep blue? the bottle green is nice, but that shade (unlike the jewel tone green spy) does not look good against olive skin.
Excellent point. That green for the Spy is much nicer in tone (Fendi really needs to bring that color back ASAP) I asked about a deep purple, I haven't gotten a response back yet though it may have only been a sample color. Purple would look so beautiful too with the golden hardware.

08-06-2006
fashion icon

I think a blue or purple or red would do well in these bags

08-06-2006
backstage pass

I really love the green in this bag! I'm not into the deep, rich tones as I have blonde hair and fair skin. This is my first green bag! (apart from a khaki paddy, but that is a far more dark, earthy tone, not really green) I think there is navy and purple though? What about that vogue article with the pics..sure there's navy. Now that would be nice.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, derek, lam