How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-06-2006
fashion icon

yeah one is zipped number 2 and number 4 is unzipped at the bottom.

all these bags are reserved out at the boutique I shop at!

I am confused between getting the violet and the persa.

09-06-2006
fashion icon

I just called my boutique to get on the list for the persa. My SA/Manager told me that bag is HUGE its like an overnighter bag and the Hildeguard is still a nice big tote.

So I am on the list and guaranteed for the violet in the oxblood and the hildeguard in the bottle green!

09-06-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by guccigal07
I just called my boutique to get on the list for the persa. My SA/Manager told me that bag is HUGE its like an overnighter bag and the Hildeguard is still a nice big tote.

So I am on the list and guaranteed for the violet in the oxblood and the hildeguard in the bottle green!
You lucky woman!! I wonder if Susan in Burlingame/SF will be carrying them? Do any of you Californians know?

09-06-2006
fashion icon

they aren't getting the persa bag. I called lam. plus I don't like that store

jan, which bag are you want?

Last edited by guccigal07; 09-06-2006 at 11:28 AM.
09-06-2006
tfs star

OMG - Morri! Mission accomplished. I checked the LVR website and the green (I assume YOUR green) Violet was back up and I got it!! Can't wait. I actually love it that these bags are so scarce (at least for now - hope it doesn't go the usual "it" bag route - all over the place and a reduction in quality - but at least we're getting the first batch). I haven't seen pics but I think these bags would be EXCELLENT in black. (I can only have one....only one....keep telling myself.....only one...sigh)

09-06-2006
fashion icon

jan! congrats! that will be great! they are very limited. Also Derek Lam isn't a handbag designer or a mega house so he doesn't have to crank things out like Fendi, Prada, etc I am sure they are going to be NICE. made of french calf leather!

09-06-2006
front row

Hi Jan, a Northern Cali girl here I don't know if Susan is getting the bag, but it's highly likely that if anyone in the Bay Area does, it will be them. Like gg, I too dislike this store very much. If the choice for *any* item I want is only to get from Susan, I am willing to do without.

09-06-2006
fashion icon

I agree. I delt with the manager of the store on buying shoes. she told me the length was 10 inches and when I got them they were 12 inches and all sales final period. even on full priced.

09-06-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottie
Hi Jan, a Northern Cali girl here I don't know if Susan is getting the bag, but it's highly likely that if anyone in the Bay Area does, it will be them. Like gg, I too dislike this store very much. If the choice for *any* item I want is only to get from Susan, I am willing to do without.
Hi Spottie! I divide my time between a home in Atlanta and a home in Monterey (Pacific Grove, actually). I'm in PG right now. As far as Susan goes - I would definitely have to make a trip up there to see anything I purchase from them IRL. I bought my Lanvin Kansas from them sight unseen expecting it to be like the original version, which it wasn't. Fortunately, I still love the bag - but it's too much money to be taking any more chances. At least if I don't like something from LVR, I can return it even though it will be expensive to send it back.
Now I'm trying to figure out which is larger - the Violet or the Ildegard. Anyone know?

Hey Posi! Have you cleared out your pm box yet? I sent you a pm a while back but it said you were full.

09-06-2006
tfs star

hi ladies!

i am jumping on the derek lam bandwagon with you all. i am interested in the clutch, although the violet bag is nice too. i found out from a little birdie that fred segal will be carrying lam handbags. they don't know what they are getting just yet but they took my name down and said they will call when they get them in.

also, barney's boston will get these too. again, they don't know what they are getting exactly so they just took my name and number as well.

i wish LVR had the clutches!! hopefully there will be another online retailer selling these besides LVR.

jan - welcome back to california! isn't the weather wonderful??

09-06-2006
tfs star

Hi Shopping! Nice to be here - we've actually had some sun down here!!
Thanks for the info on fred segal and barney's boston!! I really think that each retailer will be getting like one of a color per style that they ordered

I re-read part of this thread that I had missed and now I understand the sizes - although I guess we don't know any of the actual dimensions yet - ?

09-06-2006
tfs star

no dimensions yet. from what i understand via this thread:

(order of smallest to largest)

clothilde = clutch
violet = double chain bag
hildegard = smaller version of persephone ?
persephone = large/oversized hobo

09-06-2006
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

i want the large hobo, does anyone know w hat colors they come in? im sure bergdorf can get me one..(not sure but hope), so what r the colors of the perse?

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopping247
no dimensions yet. from what i understand via this thread:

(order of smallest to largest)

clothilde = clutch
violet = double chain bag
hildegard = smaller version of persephone ?
persephone = large/oversized hobo

I think it's goes: clothilde, hildegard, violet, persphone ( I can't help but to laugh at all of the guessing/confusion that revolves around so many of these bags!! Remember the clandy?!)

UNIQ - Bergdorf's isn't carrying them this fall

09-06-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by janyoung99
OMG - Morri! Mission accomplished. I checked the LVR website and the green (I assume YOUR green) Violet was back up and I got it!! Can't wait
Jan I am so pleased! Yes I got an email back from LVR today and they have swapped the violet for the ildegarde! I assume it's gone through as I just checked LVR and the ildegarde is now sold out. I am so excited. I love both but I tend to dress down a bit so the idelgarde is better for me.

GG, you've reserved two...Good girl! You are lucky that you will have a chance to see both in the flesh before you buy...and maybe even get both?

Congrats to all TFSers on the bandwagon so far.... there's only a brown left on LVR. Any takers??

Last edited by Hipkitten; 10-06-2006 at 09:06 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, derek, lam