How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-08-2005
windowshopping

Diaper bags
I haven't seen any dedicated threads about baby bags, so I thought I'd start one. I saw a Longchamp diaper bag in a department store that I liked, but I can't find anything on the internet about the bag. Has anyone seen these bags or know who sells them, especially on the internet? Any other suggestions for cool diaper bags would also be great.

23-08-2005
Storm & Sommer

I use my coconut white Bayswater bag as a diaper bag..it works for me + I know I wont throw it to the curb once my baby is out of her diapers

pinterest : hanneonpin
23-08-2005
backstage pass

I have an old school brown leather top handle Coach tote that I use as a diaper bag. Most diaper bags are designed horizontally so they are wider than they are deep. My Coach tote is narrow and deep, fits perfectly in the seat basket of the Maclaren stroller and doesn't look like a diaper bag.

My sister has Kate Spade and Coach diaper bags and they are a pain in the neck to use. She has a Peg Perego stroller-car seat combo and you have to bend over and wedge the diaper bag into the basket.

23-08-2005
Adorable illusion

If you look at the neiman marcus website, they have a section dedicated for baby bags.

23-08-2005
backstage pass

i feel for you! i have been searching for a decent diaper bag since my son was born. over five years and a daughter later i think i have tried almost all of them and have yet to find the perfect one...

if you live in a city and use a stroller a lot i have found the skiphop is great to keep attached to the handles (ie. i never take mine off, it's there all the time).

and these days i am carrying a balenciaga hobo bag as well, i like it because it's so light and has a few pockets, plus since it's supposed to look distressed i don't worry about taking care of it and it's big enough for their stuff and mine.

if you like the one you already saw, have you tried longchamp.com?

28-08-2005
front row

great topic! My best friend is preggers, and I'd like to get her a cute (designer) diaper bag because she's been trying for so long...no clue what to get her- any ideas?
I liked stuff by Oillilly..and saw some by Dior which were real ugly (logo)

I'll keep checking in here for steals

28-08-2005
windowshopping

oillily baby diaper bags are lovely and so kidish....
but if you are looking for brand names...there is gucci diaper bag and louis vuittion diaper bags which I find really cute...
but the fashion of brand names diaper bags are off....you have to carry the dedicated kids brands...

28-08-2005
backstage pass

i use a lovely Kate Spade bag..it's navy with bright green trimmings..u can check them out online..very practical with many compartments and a roll-up diaper changing mat

rising star

my friend
This thread makes me wanna buy a designer diaper bag even though I'm not a mom and I'm not pregnant! But my best buddy is pregnant now and a hip diaper bag would be a perfect baby shower gift, don't ya think?

I like the idea of converting a hobo bag into a diaper bag, but wow, I'm not uppercrust like you ladies, so I can't imagine treating a Tod's bag or a Coach bag or something equally hot like that! You ladies remind me of an anecdote I once heard about Etonians (students of Eton College). A teacher at Eton that I met once said that it amazes her when she sees (daily) Etonians on the playing fields, flipantly dropping their designer sweaters and jackets onto the grass! "Oh let me just throw off my $800 jacket so I can play a bit of rugby!"
:p

In your case, it's: "Let me recycle this old Coach bag. May as well use it for something. I need a new dishrag!" (just teasing!) :p

30-08-2005
scenester

My mother used a large blue Epi Noe from Louis Vuitton. She liked it because it wasn't too heavy and you could stuff alot of stuff in it. I plan to use the same bag when I have a baby (which won't be any time soon).

30-08-2005
trendsetter

Not a direct answer to your question but I still LOVE Gwyneth's Chanel diaper bag!

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forum...neth#post588991

31-08-2005
front row

^ Taitai, that's a lovely bag! Read that it was custom-made for her so does that mean it's not for sale?

Last edited by Queenie; 31-08-2005 at 01:50 AM.
31-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie
^ Taitai, that's a lovely bag! Wonder if it's past season.
Queenie unfortunately I think people said it was custom made for Gwyneth!

31-08-2005
front row

^ That's a pity.

25-09-2005
windowshopping

coach baby bag
After much searching, I finally settled on the Coach Hampton baby bag.

http://www.coach.com/shop/product_no...category_id=68

I like the long, soft strap and the bag looks quite chic in person. As I'm expecting my first child and have no prior experience with baby bags, I'm afraid it may be on the small side. But I tend to be a person who travels light, so hopefully it'll suit my needs.

Last edited by Polya; 25-09-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, diaper