How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-04-2004
windowshopping

I don't know if this topic has ever come up in this forum, but I was looking through the Style.com forums and somebody remarked that there have been a case where a LV shipment was stolen and replaced with fakes which were then sent to the LV store. Now does this sound ridiculous or credible? Is it possible to purchase fake LVs from LV stores? Could the SAs/store managers be trusted? Personally, I am starting to feel a little paranoid about my own recent LV purchase... any one wanna give their 2 cents on this?

23-04-2004
V.I.P.

...Sounds ridiculous to me!

23-04-2004
fashion elite

I've heard these stories before, the thought angers me. If a fake gets on the floor, and they sell it, and you then realize its fake, you have no recourse. You would have no way of proving that you didnt just switch what you bought with a fake you already had and were trying to jip them. I think they have tightened up on security, and might even check every bag before they hit the floor, but who knows.

V.I.P.

23-04-2004
V.I.P.

sorry for being rude but i didnt even finish reading your story...

this is soooo RIDICULOUS. anything form a boutique/LV dealer IS and STAYS real. if it wasnt LV has a lifetime warranty. they even give you a new one if youre unahppy ...

i never buy those stories of anyone.

YES, shipments can be stolen but only to then be sold on the blackmarket or here in italy at the famous fake bag market stalls.

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
24-04-2004
V.I.P.

and this is the style.com forums you are talking about, possibly the most messed up fashion forums on the net

24-04-2004
fashion insider

I don't buy those stories either

24-04-2004
V.I.P.

24-04-2004
Mannikin

Quote:
Originally posted by PradaP@Apr 24th, 2004 - 1:06 am
and this is the style.com forums you are talking about, possibly the most messed up fashion forums on the net

24-04-2004
rising star

Ooh, a handbag urban legend!

24-04-2004
Adorable illusion

*phew* im glad its not true...makes me feel paranoid about my bag's authenticity

24-04-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by sugarjunkie@Apr 24th, 2004 - 6:19 pm
Ooh, a handbag urban legend!
haha someone email snopes and let 'em know!

24-04-2004
Heated

That rumor is absolutely ridiculous. It has never happened and will never happen.

24-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by chickonspeed@Apr 24th, 2004 - 7:44 pm
That rumor is absolutely ridiculous. It has never happened and will never happen.
My sentiments exactly

25-04-2004
front row

For what it's worth, we have a local urban legend (something we could never verify, obviously) about some unscrupulous people who bought a few handbags from a Vuitton counter in an upscale department store, sold them off, and brought back indentical models made by Korean factories (generally the highest grade and most authentic-looking among the fakes) with the original receipts, requesting a full refund.

This incident was said to have been exposed because several people later complained about having bought fakes from a directly-operated LV counter, which were obviously the very same bags that had been returned. Reportedly the department store apologized profusely and offered the appropriate refunds.

But who knows. There may be more incidents just like that, but were never exposed. I've seen some of those Korean fakes and they do closely resemble the real thing, at least to a degree that the general consumer wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Again, I'm in no way stating that actually happened, but that such an urban legend does exist.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fake, lv, lvs, stores!