How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-12-2003
slightly dizzy

Quote:
Originally posted by tiffany@Dec 21st, 2003 - 10:34 pm
this is off topic but meowmix ur avtar is so cute
YES! Totally.

21-12-2003
rising star

They do exist in pink, I saw them at the boutique

22-12-2003
V.I.P.

Aww hehe thank you, Tiffany and Tott! His name is Domo-kun and he's from a Japanese TV show...

Back to topic.. The SA told me that they have "access to all the inventories in the US" and that they don't even make it in pink and that I couldn't even order it or anything... That said, which boutique have you seen in it, Matisse?

16-01-2004
windowshopping

General CHANEL Questions
Hi, I'm new here. Let me just say, this board is really, really great! I've been reading it for about a month now and I have learned so much. I finally decided to sign on since I have a question I need to ask.

I don't know how to add a picture/logo to my username, but if I could I'd put up one of Edina Monsoon...I see Patsy is already here : )

I'm really new to handbags. In fact I didn't buy my first handbag until last year (and I'm 33). I've spent most of my life in school so my backpack substituted - when I went out at night I would just make my boyfriend carry my license/money/credit card and such!

Well, in the past year I've bought 3 handbags....so I'm catching up.

On to the questions: I've been on several waiting list for a Chanel classic, medium size, black caviar with silver hardware. A few came trough for me (one at a Sak's in San Antonio TX, one at the Chanel boutique in Vegas, and one from a Neiman Marcus in San Diego). I went with the one from Neiman Marcus in SD because they had been so great to me there, and would always keep me updated on the bag. Now I have to admit I have never checked out all the features on a Chanel classic, and when it finally arived in the mail today I looked it over intensely! I have been reading so much about knock-offs lately (there was an article in our local paper about it recently) so my questions are:

1. Neiman Marcus is an authorized seller, yes? I mean I can be guarenteed that it is real, even if it was shipped to me from NM rather than being purchased over the counter?

2. If you lift up the front flap, there is this small, zippered pocket (long and thin) with a little strip of caviar leather as the zipper pull? What is this pocket for? Is it suppose to be there? Is the zipper pull suppose to be leather? (Sorry I don't have a picture)

This may be the stupidest question ever, becuase I assume if NM sold a fake to someone the lawsuit would be, well, it would be big...

The only other problem, I showed it to my mom and now she wants it! So I have to see if I can still get one from the other waiting lists I was on.

Anyway, thanks for any information you can provide!

16-01-2004
V.I.P.

I'd say you really don't have anything to worry about... Neiman is definitely an authorized dealer and many people have their orders shipped to them...esp since many high end items are stocked in such low quantities in boutiques, etc... It's very common, so don't worry!
BTW, the little zippered section is supposed to be there

16-01-2004
windowshopping

Thanks so much for the reply! That makes me feel better : )

I wasn't sure if it was common to have them shipped - I'm glad to hear it is.

16-01-2004
V.I.P.

I'd recommend you buy the one in San Antonio!!

...But then of course, I'm biased

16-01-2004
V.I.P.

General CHANEL Questions
Gar I know, I'm always asking questions about Chanel bags...
I saw this one in the February issue of Harper's (US) on page 140...
Have any of you seen it in stores or have any idea of the price?

(err sorry about the horrible picture quality... I don't have a scanner)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chanelbag.jpg (28.3 KB, 18 views)

17-01-2004
windowshopping

Hi Eliza! Nice to meet another Chanel lover!

I bought a Chanel bag a few years ago at the Vancouver BC Chanel Boutique. My bag came with an authenticity I.D. card (Carte D'authencite) with a 7 digit number that matches the sticker on the box. There is also a hologram sticker on the inside of the bag. It's about " square. Did your bag come with these items? I would be VERY suprised if Neiman Marcus sold you a fake, but I thought I would offer you this info, just in case!

17-01-2004
backstage pass

COngratulations on your Chanel purchase! They have great bags.
Each Chanel bag should come with its carte d' authenticite and a number would be indicated on the card which corresponds to a hologram sticker inside the bag. zippered pull is usually inside the bag. and the chanel bag should come in its box and sleeper bag.
NM is an authorized seller, so their authenticity is unquestioned, otherwise theyd get a huge lawsuit if they send fakes!!

and to add a photo beside your name, just click on avatar settings (should be in your profile). i saw edina's photo already --> i think she is holding a bottle of vodka

windowshopping

Thanks for the additional info. My bag came with the card, the sticker (which took me ages to actually find because at first I thought it was just some "inspected-by" sticker so I kept looking - then I got a good look and realized it had a number on it - I guess an "inspected-by" would be tacky to have inside Chanel) and the number matches the number on the box. It also has the sleeper bag - but it's not going to get much rest for a while.

I think I'm just feeling a little guilty about buying so much in such a short period of time - you know, looking for an excuse to return it sort of thing. After sleeping on it overnight though, I am now totally in love and want one in white or pink (or both)-- but maybe I'll wait 'till summer : )

Actually, the store in San Antonio had it first (like almost 2 months ago), so I have to give them kudos for that! But the woman at the Chanel in San Diego had put up with me coming in and out and in and out every week and never buying anything so I thought I'd let her know I was serious - unable to make up my mind in any reasonable amount of time, but serious none the less.

Thanks for the info on how to add a picture also...

17-01-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Eliza Neptune@Jan 17th, 2004 - 10:02 pm

I think I'm just feeling a little guilty about buying so much in such a short period of time - you know, looking for an excuse to return it sort of thing. After sleeping on it overnight though, I am now totally in love and want one in white or pink (or both)-- but maybe I'll wait 'till summer : )
I know exactly how you feel! Ahh I'm always lusting after Chanel bags... But for now, rest assured...you got the real deal! Enjoy!!

18-01-2004
windowshopping

HI EVERYONE

IT IS MY FIRST MESSAGE HERE

I NEED YOUR HELP. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE PRICE OF THIS BAG

THANX FOR YOUR HELP

BYE

18-01-2004
windowshopping

SORRY

THE PIX IS THE FOLLOWING
Attached Images
File Type: jpg detalles_chanel_paris_pv0426_g.jpg (18.4 KB, 24 views)

18-01-2004
Melody Nelson

That's around $1400, got the price from bergdorfs

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chanel, general, questions