How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-04-2012
trendsetter

My nieces birthday is coming up and I want to get her a bag. I'm like browsing a lot of sites comparing styles and prices but I can't seem to find a price for Chanel bags. Can anyone help with the price, like how much does it start from and such?

30-04-2012
girl who fell to earth

it really depends on the bag because there's a big range but they're not cheap...

You'll most likely be spending well over $1,000 if you're looking at Chanel

01-05-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
it really depends on the bag because there's a big range but they're not cheap...

You'll most likely be spending well over $1,000 if you're looking at Chanel
Thanks!

31-05-2012
backstage pass

Image credit
Jessikah,

Welcome to the forums...please credit your images per the tFS rules or they will be deleted. I am moving your post from this handbag forum to Accessories.

Thanks,
Shelley

31-05-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKelly View Post
Jessikah,

Welcome to the forums...please credit your images per the tFS rules or they will be deleted. I am moving your post from this handbag forum to Accessories.

Thanks,
Shelley
Hey thanks! Not sure where to put the credit for the photos but they are links to the official Chanel website. And I had placed them here because they are Chanel related. Sorry about that!

11-09-2012
windowshopping

Chanel bag Price information
Hi,

Anyone know know how much are Chanel boy bags in quilted leather? There are three sizes. I want to know those prices in £GB pounds please.

Thank you

04-11-2012
windowshopping

Have you tried chanel.com, setting the language to your country, and going to shop online? I saw boy bags at their site but don't remember if there were prices on them.

10-02-2013
front row

Hi guys just looking for advice on purchasing a chanel bag or wallet... I'm going to Paris this august and was thinking of purchasing my first chanel item at the flagship shop. However, i'm wondering if purchasing the item there would be cheaper or more expensive than purchasing something at home (Los Angeles). does anyone know how the prices compare? and would it be smarter to just forgo the novelty of getting it in Paris and buying something from my store where i live?

04-05-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chel4mdavali View Post
Hi guys just looking for advice on purchasing a chanel bag or wallet... I'm going to Paris this august and was thinking of purchasing my first chanel item at the flagship shop. However, i'm wondering if purchasing the item there would be cheaper or more expensive than purchasing something at home (Los Angeles). does anyone know how the prices compare? and would it be smarter to just forgo the novelty of getting it in Paris and buying something from my store where i live?
Purchasing at the Chanel store is going to cost you the same no matter where you buy. Generally, brands do a good job of keeping prices current with FXR. It also depends on taxes. Here in California, our tax is 0,8%. My Chanel bag had over $500,00 worth of tax when I bought it. So it may also be worthwhile to looking into France's tax if you really want to save a couple bucks.

Personally, I would either purchase at home or towards the end of your trip. That way you dont have to worry about your new wallet

05-05-2013
V.I.P.

^^ In my experience wherever the label is from is where it is cheaper. So buy Chanel in France, Prada in Italy, McQueen in England, Marc Jacobs in America etc.

If you do buy the item in Paris ask for the form to get your tax back. It's really easy and all the high end stores have them. Don't feel silly asking for it either. Rich people do it all time.

And also August is the end of sales so you might be able to pick up a bargain.

10-05-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
^^ In my experience wherever the label is from is where it is cheaper. So buy Chanel in France, Prada in Italy, McQueen in England, Marc Jacobs in America etc.

If you do buy the item in Paris ask for the form to get your tax back. It's really easy and all the high end stores have them. Don't feel silly asking for it either. Rich people do it all time.

And also August is the end of sales so you might be able to pick up a bargain.
That's interesting, I've never had that experience. Maybe I have just noticed the pricing comparison more in the department stores. The last time I purchased something in Paris was at the Gucci boutique, and I didn't pay so maybe my pricing it off. :p Next time I buy Chanel, I will make sure to be in Paris.

21-08-2013
trendsetter

I remember someone asking where they could find this bag, here it is on Malleries.com

http://www.malleries.com/authentic-c...493-s-333.html

04-02-2014
V.I.P.

Hi guys I have a classic 2.55 lamb skin with gold hard ware just wondering what is the right thing to clean it with?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chanel, general, questions