General Gucci Questions - Page 7 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
11-09-2004
windowshopping

Hi, I wanted to buy a gucci purse online, but can anyone help me to figure out if they are 100% authentic or not. Should I look at the web site and tell by it. I just don't want to buy $200 purse if it's fake...Plus, why is the price on some purses so cheap...TIA...

http://store.voguehandbags.com/gupo10bl.html

11-09-2004
trendsetter

The website certainly offers some great bargains here! I dont know whether their stuff is authentic and would hate to advise you to purchase from them. Why not try Gucci.com you can shop online there or Yoox.com. Perhaps someone else here can verify voguehandbags.com.

22-09-2004
windowshopping

I'm not quite sure, but I'd just like to warn you about this web site.
Gucci does NOT go that low--- even for wholesalers!

22-09-2004
rising star

Yoox.com has some nice Gucci handbags, despite of the collections are old; www.raffaello-network.com seels Gucci, too, and the items are real. Try also www.store.yahoo/citymoda I've bought here a real Gucci wallet. More, Neiman Marcus online sells gucci collections. Good search!

22-09-2004
offline.

www.dutyfreeapparel.com

03-10-2004
scenester

Hello all!

After a lot of searching for Gucci/Fashion forums I came across this board and so far it seems wondeful! (many boards out there have 5 or 6 posts on a subject and that's it!) Hopefully someone here will be able to help me out. I have recently started to collect some new(er) Gucci handbag pieces either through department stores or ebay, but I'd like to get into the vintage spectrum as well. My biggest concern is the amount of fakes out there (really good fakes at that) and I was wondering if anyone could either share some hunting tips with me or point me in the correct directions of where I might find it online. I know there must be sites with this info somehwere (there are a bunch of really good ones for LV handbags). Thanks so much in advance for anything you guys/gals can offer. I can't wait to dig though the board even more!

Kate

03-10-2004
backstage pass

Hi there!! Welcome

I think you'll find this site helpful

10-10-2004
windowshopping

Almost all vintage Gucci bags & wallets before the 80's have a small gold plaque on them which reads.. Gucci made in Italy.

25-11-2004
trendsetter

I've bought a few vintage gucci's from Ebay.com and have been quite fortunate in spotting the odd fakes. For me its been a case of studying different models and getting to know the little details, such as piping, canvas, the monogram(fakes are easy to spot now) craftmanship/design of the bag etc. There are a few good sellers on ebay including the one Chocsta has given you. I have bought from her in the past and a few others. let me know if you want their seller ID.

If its OK to post on TFS then let me know, if not them PM me and i'll help you out.

03-12-2004
windowshopping

not the real one but something similiar? I'm on a budget

I know XOXO came out with some copies. I'm thinking of getting my mom one for Christmas.

I dont' want to search ebay.

It looked like this

03-12-2004
trendsetter

I know for sure Baby Phat came out with that exact style purse. I saw it in a clothing store in the mall. I"m pretty sure you could find it on Ebay as well.

V.I.P.

they're on sale right now .......the real ones that is

15-12-2004
front row

Any Gucci experts?
I know there's a post on fake bags, but it's grown quite a bit and I was hoping for a more precise critique. I hope it's ok with the mods that I took this to a new post.

Anyway, can any of the Gucci experts give opinions as to whether they feel this bag is authentic?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 38_12_sb[1].jpg (20.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 97_12_sb[1].jpg (27.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg c6_12_sb[1].jpg (24.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg f9_12_sb[1].jpg (29.3 KB, 20 views)

16-12-2004
windowshopping

I looked at the listing on ebay and I'm half and half with it. It looks authentic when I look at the inside zipper. However, it has a low listing price and the horsebit hardware just doesn't seem right to me. In the first pic the hardware just doesn't look right (the way its laying), but I'm not sure if its because that bag is a medium and mines a large. I would ask to see if the seller has any more pics of the hardware to make sure its actually attached to the leather strap.

02-01-2005
windowshopping

Gucci on eBay
Does anyone know of a reputable eBay dealer/member that sells AUTHENTIC Gucci handbags??? Thanks!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
general, gucci, questions