How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-05-2004
front row

I looked all over and I cant find anything that even looks close to it.. I dont want to ask if I can take a picure of her bag.. lol so I kinda drew something for ya guys... this is what it kinda looks like.. its such a beautiful soft leather...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prada.jpg (9.4 KB, 14 views)

06-05-2004
gromosexual

sorry hun, but i think that bag you posted is a fake...

06-05-2004
V.I.P.

06-05-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Missy44x@May 6th, 2004 - 12:53 pm
..the only thing is that its stamped with prada on the leather... I thought that was a sign of a fake..
It is, because no one outside of the "fashion circle" would appreciate a designer bag unless it has a label scrawled all over it ...

06-05-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Nader@May 6th, 2004 - 9:27 pm
*hugely amused*

07-05-2004
slightly dizzy

Quote:
Originally posted by brian+May 7th, 2004 - 2:37 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ May 7th, 2004 - 2:37 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Missy44x@May 6th, 2004 - 12:53 pm
..the only thing is that its stamped with prada on the leather... I thought that was a sign of a fake..
It is, because no one outside of the "fashion circle" would appreciate a designer bag unless it has a label scrawled all over it ... [/b][/quote]
So, are you saying that Prada makes and sells Prada fakes...?

gromosexual

Quote:
Originally posted by Frostelized+May 6th, 2004 - 9:57 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frostelized @ May 6th, 2004 - 9:57 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nader@May 6th, 2004 - 9:27 pm
*hugely amused* [/b][/quote]
i aim to be corny

07-05-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by tott+May 6th, 2004 - 11:18 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tott @ May 6th, 2004 - 11:18 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by brian@May 7th, 2004 - 2:37 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Missy44x
Quote:
@May 6th, 2004 - 12:53 pm

It is, because no one outside of the "fashion circle" would appreciate a designer bag unless it has a label scrawled all over it ...

[/b][/quote]
no?!

i'm saying that the counterfeiters stamp "prada" on the outside of the otherwise "plain" (logo-less) prada bags so people will buy them... and other people in turn will notice the people/person who bought said counterfeit bag/s and say "wow, it's prada! you totally are rich and totally aren't trying to be something you're not by putting on this authentic-prada-facade!" ... most people do not appreciate anything unless it screams "OMG LOOK HOW MUCH I PAID FOR THIS!," in other words.

07-05-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Nader@May 6th, 2004 - 8:27 pm
lol How would you know since the bag I posted is something I drew on paint ... well anyhow it looks similar to that and hey I might not be an expert on Prada but the bag looks authentic to me. Ive seen prada fakes and her bag looks nothing like it...I still say its real...

07-05-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by brian+May 7th, 2004 - 12:34 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ May 7th, 2004 - 12:34 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by tott@May 6th, 2004 - 11:18 pm
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-Missy44x
Quote:
Quote:

no?!

i'm saying that the counterfeiters stamp "prada" on the outside of the otherwise "plain" (logo-less) prada bags so people will buy them... and other people in turn will notice the people/person who bought said counterfeit bag/s and say "wow, it's prada! you totally are rich and totally aren't trying to be something you're not by putting on this authentic-prada-facade!" ... most people do not appreciate anything unless it screams "OMG LOOK HOW MUCH I PAID FOR THIS!," in other words. [/b][/quote]
When I first saw the bag, I thought it was beautiful...the leather is real smooth and I liked the look of it... later on when we went out at lunch I complimented it and she said thanks...no mention of prada...later on when I paid her a visit..the bag was sitting on her desk and I saw the prada emboss.. well anyhow the bag isnt more beautiful now that its prada..I wish it wasnt..b/c now I be damned to spend $$$$$$$$ on a bag just cause it has prada on it...

07-05-2004
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Missy44x+May 7th, 2004 - 7:11 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Missy44x @ May 7th, 2004 - 7:11 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by brian@May 7th, 2004 - 12:34 am
Quote:
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-Missy44x
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

no?!

i'm saying that the counterfeiters stamp "prada" on the outside of the otherwise "plain" (logo-less) prada bags so people will buy them... and other people in turn will notice the people/person who bought said counterfeit bag/s and say "wow, it's prada! you totally are rich and totally aren't trying to be something you're not by putting on this authentic-prada-facade!" ... most people do not appreciate anything unless it screams "OMG LOOK HOW MUCH I PAID FOR THIS!," in other words.
When I first saw the bag, I thought it was beautiful...the leather is real smooth and I liked the look of it... later on when we went out at lunch I complimented it and she said thanks...no mention of prada...later on when I paid her a visit..the bag was sitting on her desk and I saw the prada emboss.. well anyhow the bag isnt more beautiful now that its prada..I wish it wasnt..b/c now I be damned to spend $$$$$$$$ on a bag just cause it has prada on it... [/b][/quote]
Prada does some time stamp their name on leather bags. It is a different type of stamping than your average fake, and is normally far less noticeable, but yes they do occasionaly logo stamp.

gromosexual

Quote:
Originally posted by Missy44x+May 7th, 2004 - 7:06 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Missy44x @ May 7th, 2004 - 7:06 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nader@May 6th, 2004 - 8:27 pm
lol How would you know since the bag I posted is something I drew on paint ... well anyhow it looks similar to that and hey I might not be an expert on Prada but the bag looks authentic to me. Ive seen prada fakes and her bag looks nothing like it...I still say its real... [/b][/quote]

I was joking

07-05-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Nader+May 7th, 2004 - 11:13 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nader @ May 7th, 2004 - 11:13 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Missy44x@May 7th, 2004 - 7:06 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Nader
Quote:
@May 6th, 2004 - 8:27 pm

lol How would you know since the bag I posted is something I drew on paint ... well anyhow it looks similar to that and hey I might not be an expert on Prada but the bag looks authentic to me. Ive seen prada fakes and her bag looks nothing like it...I still say its real...

I was joking [/b][/quote]
lol u sure.. I didnt see 1 lol or ..but its okay.. I got it now

08-05-2004
rising star

so....um....does anyone have any photos of the bag i described? lol, its my attempt to get this back on track...

08-05-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by MJCouture+May 7th, 2004 - 8:20 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MJCouture @ May 7th, 2004 - 8:20 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Missy44x@May 7th, 2004 - 7:11 am
Quote:
Originally posted by brian@May 7th, 2004 - 12:34 am
Quote:
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-Missy44x
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

no?!

When I first saw the bag, I thought it was beautiful...the leather is real smooth and I liked the look of it... later on when we went out at lunch I complimented it and she said thanks...no mention of prada...later on when I paid her a visit..the bag was sitting on her desk and I saw the prada emboss.. well anyhow the bag isnt more beautiful now that its prada..I wish it wasnt..b/c now I be damned to spend $$$$$$$$ on a bag just cause it has prada on it...
Prada does some time stamp their name on leather bags. It is a different type of stamping than your average fake, and is normally far less noticeable, but yes they do occasionaly logo stamp. [/b][/quote]
i have a red & white bowling bag with the "prada" stamped into the leather...i think many of their bags do

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
general, prada, questions