How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-03-2007
on the astral plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
it's not..it's way bigger than the oversized muse, plus the shape is totally different...the muse is half moon shaped and the givenchy is a rectangle if you fill it up all the way...it's much wider and taller than the oversized muse and it holds way more!! it's about 7-8" wide on the bottom and i remember the muse only being about 5-6"
sorry brian, i was in NM today and put my XL bondage bag against XL muse. they are pretty close in size when givency bag is mushed the way i was carrying it. if you take off the shoulder strap oo stuff it up, it would be a rectangle, but the beauty of the bag is that it does smush even though it has a structured bottom. the givency acually gives the illusion of a ysl shape although you could fill it up.... i wear big bags alot and do not like them filled to the gills.

Last edited by kimair; 26-03-2007 at 07:03 PM.

26-03-2007
on the astral plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
I really don't think it's that large on her compared to all other oversized bags out there at the moment.

I can't wait for your pictures chauss!

pucci, you still awake??

26-03-2007
backstage pass

^ chauss thanks for the pics - you look fab with the bag!

i just returned from a trip to nyc and checked out all the givenchys on the shelf - and i was actually surprised that i like the more subdued tones better than the metallic ones when i saw them in person. they had this one that was all soft chocolate brown suede with chain/leather handles, which was about $2,500, and that was soooo gorgeous. if i went with metallic, i would prob do bronze/black b/c gold was just a little too flashy.

brian - i saw the clarabelle in black and i think it would be FABulous bag for les hommes. let us know if u get it!

now that ive seen these babies in person, im def saving up for one. i think im going to go with a medium b/c i already have a couple of large bags and when i saw them in person, i felt like the medium size brought out the quality of the leather/form/shape the best.

26-03-2007
trendsetter

chauss-you & your bag look great! Thanks for the pics!

26-03-2007
V.I.P.

chauss, although I prefer the medium size, you look fantastic with your X-large!!! You're really rockin' that bag, love it!

26-03-2007
fashion elite

the XL muse and the XL nightengale are not that different in size. You have to remember that when carried the givenchy slouches A LOT A LOT A LOT, so the technical dimmensions are completely moot. Also, someone mentioned that the Traina sisters look good with the maxi but Ashley didn't. Well, Victoria Traina is NO taller than 5'2 (this is something I know, having stood next to her), probably more like 5'1, and the bag looks perfectly proportionate on her. So I think it all has to do with how its carried. Plus, I think most of the time the bag looks fine on Ashley, surely less dramatically oversized than a Balenciaga office or weekender.

Last edited by MJCouture; 26-03-2007 at 07:22 PM.

26-03-2007
on the astral plane

thank you jeans, red sole and cherry bomb. i will post some more pix when i use the real camera.

26-03-2007
on the astral plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCouture
the XL muse and the XL nightengale are not that different in size. You have to remember that when carried the givenchy slouches A LOT A LOT A LOT, so the technical dimmensions are completely moot. Also, someone mentioned that the Traina sisters look good with the maxi but Ashley didn't. Well, Victoria Traina is NO taller than 5'2 (this is something I know, having stood next to her), probably more like 5'1, and the bag looks perfectly proportionate on her. So I think it all has to do with how its carried. Plus, I think most of the time the bag looks fine on Ashley, surely less dramatically oversized than a Balenciaga office or weekender.
totally agree about muse and nightingale. i had the 2 bags next to each other today!

26-03-2007
V.I.P.

chauss you look gorgeous with yours! Does anyone know how much these bags retail for in the maxi? what about the blue? I was going to get one from morriseal in australia but I think it's a lot pricey there I may have to get whatever I can find in the states

26-03-2007
fashion elite

^the maxi in black leather w/o the ostrich handles is around $1400 (conversion from LVR). With the ostrich, it is $2400 I believe. To me that is a huge price increase for a very small detail, but I know some people think its worth it and it is what gives the bag value.

btw chauss, I just realized I didn't say congrats! It is really fantastic!

Last edited by MJCouture; 26-03-2007 at 08:13 PM.

26-03-2007
V.I.P.

^ the metallic maxi w/ostrich is 2495 @ barneys..... i think the blue patent maxi was 1800 @ lvr before it sold out, but i can't really remember. the prices are a lot lower there.

Last edited by brian; 26-03-2007 at 08:28 PM.

26-03-2007
fashion insider

Have you decided on the maxi nightengale yet, MJ?

26-03-2007
V.I.P.

get it and post pics mj!!!!

26-03-2007
V.I.P.

chauss sent me this pic w/her balenciaga weekender...i did a composite of her w/the maxi and they definitely are about the same size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg givenchy chauss 2.jpg (87.2 KB, 22 views)

26-03-2007
fashion elite

^well one is a close up, and one a far away shot so thats not entirely fair.

I have not decided yet if I want to do it. I feel like its an awesome bag, but I don't know if I am going to like it on me. I have to get my hands on one to try.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, givenchy