How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-12-2007
fashion elite

I just personally can not stand an otherwise "casual" bag being done up in evening/formal materials. Its like, a cool girl will just wear her day bag at night, she doesn't need it to be made acceptable by doing it in satin.

26-12-2007
boop

Bettina's are on sale at Barneys for half price. Not bad but I'm still not 100% certain I need one in my collection.

26-12-2007
& b

yeah the bettinas are so cheap!! i was freaking out. why do i have to be broke right now???

20-01-2008
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

saw a neon yellow,green, and pale pink *blush) nightegales at barneys NY today- soo tepmting and yummy- they only had them in the small size though-

20-01-2008
backstage pass

Pale pink sounds so pretty!

24-01-2008
& b

yah theres new styles at barneys now

$1400 a piece...a little too much for plastic.

24-01-2008
& b

theres also a new line of bags called militaire, also at barneys

$1600

$1365

$1225

24-01-2008
Frozen irony.

I am so annoyed with the quality in the bag, the hardware on the side has really started to show rust.. I don't know if rust is the right word but it's almost like copper, some threads have come undone on the handles, and the leather is not looking as firm as it was when bought, a bit too slouchy for the shape now.

Don't get me wrong I really adore the style, but I don't think I will buy anymore Givenchy bags when they are obviously not made to last! I'm thinking of just getting a Chanel classic flap next.

24-01-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama View Post
I am so annoyed with the quality in the bag, the hardware on the side has really started to show rust.. I don't know if rust is the right word but it's almost like copper, some threads have come undone on the handles, and the leather is not looking as firm as it was when bought, a bit too slouchy for the shape now.

Don't get me wrong I really adore the style, but I don't think I will buy anymore Givenchy bags when they are obviously not made to last! I'm thinking of just getting a Chanel classic flap next.
Just saw this and I want to add that the lamb leather Chanel flap is very fragile (just saw an aged one yesterday and it looked disgusting...). The calf leather will last longer.

24-01-2008
fashion insider

I do love that green coloured nightingale, i so want one!

24-01-2008
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

you know what sizes they are? the ones on barneys.com? the ones i saw at barneys were all small-
im tempted to sell my blue nightengale and get either the green or the pale blush

24-01-2008
backstage pass

hi everyone.. so i have been dying to find the last season givenchy nightngale black with the embossed symbols not the new gold ones.. anyone i called someone at barneys and she found on in large... i was wondering if anyone could tell me the price of the large.. and if anyone had a pic of the large one! this would be my very first designer bag purchase and i have been dying to find it!

24-01-2008
Frozen irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
Just saw this and I want to add that the lamb leather Chanel flap is very fragile (just saw an aged one yesterday and it looked disgusting...). The calf leather will last longer.
Caffeine, thanks so much when you say calf leather I assume you mean the caviar one? That is what I'm debating as it seems more casual as well.

mlg08
There are pictures of the large one in the beginning of the thread.

24-01-2008
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNiQFashionista View Post
you know what sizes they are? the ones on barneys.com? the ones i saw at barneys were all small-
im tempted to sell my blue nightengale and get either the green or the pale blush
The new ones on barneys.com are 13" x 14" x 6". 5" handle drop.
I think that makes them the medium size.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

24-01-2008
backstage pass

does anyone know how much the large ones are normally?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, givenchy