How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-01-2008
on the astral plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNiQFashionista View Post
you know what sizes they are? the ones on barneys.com? the ones i saw at barneys were all small-
im tempted to sell my blue nightengale and get either the green or the pale blush
unique, the ones are web site are medium. you know i have the black distressed patent maxi and would get another one that size in a heart beat. i dont want the medium size. i put a call in to see if they are going to get the colored ones in the maxi size.

btw, do you like the green and pale blush better than your blue?

24-01-2008
& b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama View Post
I am so annoyed with the quality in the bag, the hardware on the side has really started to show rust.. I don't know if rust is the right word but it's almost like copper, some threads have come undone on the handles, and the leather is not looking as firm as it was when bought, a bit too slouchy for the shape now.

Don't get me wrong I really adore the style, but I don't think I will buy anymore Givenchy bags when they are obviously not made to last! I'm thinking of just getting a Chanel classic flap next.
yeah givenchy bags aren't made well at all. u should see brians , the zipper on his blck patent maxi is completely copper now...the gunmetal coating has completely rubbed off. and he's complained of loose stitches too.

but yeh givenchy are made really cheaply......and, don't make me say it out loud.....in c_____ (but most "luxury" is anyway)

also why do you think that the new ones don't have the zipper? when a bag first comes out the company doesn't mind, but later on they always find a way to cut costs and make things even cheaper to produce than they already are.....that zipper & extra leather was costing too much.

24-01-2008
trendsetter

^thank for the info...
i was thinking of getting the green patent from barney's, but maybe i'll hold off

24-01-2008
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

chauss, i have the black patent maxi as well, i think id get the green/pale blush over the blue, esp since i, getting a ysl bag in blue- pale blush or green would be nice-

25-01-2008
Frozen irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post

also why do you think that the new ones don't have the zipper? when a bag first comes out the company doesn't mind, but later on they always find a way to cut costs and make things even cheaper to produce than they already are.....that zipper & extra leather was costing too much.
You know... it's like I love the brand and what it represents and I'm willing to support them.. and as Givenchy had not established themselves as a handbag making company I thought that the quality of the bag would be good, I mean you want the costumer to come back, right?? And you only get one chance for making a first impression.

I have not used the bag for the last months... I think the leather need some conditioning as well, has anyone that owns the original Nightingale in leather put anything on it?

With that said, I would still like a medium sized one.. in patent maybe.. damn it.. I just love the shape.

Last edited by pucci_mama; 25-01-2008 at 03:17 AM.

25-01-2008
backstage pass

price anyone?

25-01-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama View Post
You know... it's like I love the brand and what it represents and I'm willing to support them.. and as Givenchy had not established themselves as a handbag making company I thought that the quality of the bag would be good, I mean you want the costumer to come back, right?? And you only get one chance for making a first impression.

I have not used the bag for the last months... I think the leather need some conditioning as well, has anyone that owns the original Nightingale in leather put anything on it?

With that said, I would still like a medium sized one.. in patent maybe.. damn it.. I just love the shape.
Pucci, yes I meant the Cavier one.
a little OT to talk about Chanel bags here but I think that there price is insane nowadays. Also my girlfriend's bag chain was broken only a few days after she bought it. When you pay $2,500 on a bag you don't expect that

29-01-2008

ya i think im going to sell my blue one...

30-01-2008
backstage pass

^ why uniq??? that bag looks great on you!

01-02-2008

i know right? but i need to sell some stuff if i want to buy everything on my spring wishlist- and some of whati like is $$$- so i need to let go...either im selling my blue patent or my black patent..

01-02-2008
backstage pass

ahh... that is so sad! let us know when you put it up on ebay!

01-02-2008

ok im keeping the blue- hubby likes it more..and i do too..so im going to sell my black patent maxi...hopefully it will do well on ebay considering they dont show up on ebay alot..i dont remember how much i bought it for though

01-02-2008

one black maxi patent was sold for 300 something dollars but it was fake!!!
does anyone emember how much the maxi patent nighteglaes were?

Last edited by UNiQFashionista; 01-02-2008 at 02:41 PM.

01-02-2008
fashion elite

between 1600-1800 US I think?

01-02-2008

Ya probably..i remember it was over 1200 euros when i bought it in paris..
this sucks that im going to sell it...but i have a long spring list..which includes lots of lanvin dresses..oh and,..i forgot about this p art.a baby coming...ya...babies are not cheap..wont cost you a thing to get one...but after you get them...they are not cheap..hahaaaa

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, givenchy