How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-02-2008
backstage pass

good i think the blue is so cute!

02-02-2008
backstage pass

how do you all feel about the gold symbols?

barneys

02-02-2008
& b

those gold symbols are really ghetto looking in person. sometimes they're applied crookedly. it looks cheap

03-02-2008
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

ya i dont like it either

03-02-2008
trendsetter

^^I think it's alright, but I prefer the older one better.

03-02-2008
backstage pass

The old logo is so much more understated...

03-02-2008
trendsetter

^^I agree. I like the fact that the old bag was understated and simple.

06-02-2008
on the astral plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoppingirl89 View Post
^^I agree. I like the fact that the old bag was understated and simple.

agreed, i went to barneys to buy large white patent. very unhappy with lack of zipper anf thinner strap... ;( so, no go.

agreed with you all... gold GGs. blech, very mass market and crappy quality. btw, dont like the new short handles either with gold hardware...

however, i was able to score an all black distressed leather maxi 'gale with black ostrich handles and FABULOUS original thick S &M strap with zipper!!! and black interior. my first maxi 'gale in black leather had a gray lining... my black patent has a black lining too. yeah, i need another black maxi ... (sarcastic) but the leather was too amazing to pass up. i was able to get it bc it was "out" for a photoshoot and had just returned... no discount, of course!!! and i am so sad to tell you the newer ones with a thin shoulder strap, no zipper and/or gold GG just lack the original drama... so, i went with yet another black original maxi... hey, one cant have too much black, d'accord?

Last edited by chauss; 06-02-2008 at 12:20 AM.

06-02-2008
fashion elite

The gold logo is tacky, but the new way that they attaching the handle (and the longer handle length) is just horrendous.

06-02-2008
on the astral plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCouture View Post
The gold logo is tacky, but the new way that they attaching the handle (and the longer handle length) is just horrendous.
lol. and i think they lowered the quality to mass produce bc the new ones are also a few dollars cheaper than my original ones... btw, my new black ostrich handle maxi 'gale thick zipper strap has the word givency stamped in black on it, my other 2 maxis dont.... maybe for the exotics?

06-02-2008
fashion elite

^I do not know if it is material specific, but I do remember that the very originals did have that.

06-02-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauss View Post
agreed, i went to barneys to buy large white patent. very unhappy with lack of zipper anf thinner strap... ;( so, no go.

agreed with you all... gold GGs. blech, very mass market and crappy quality. btw, dont like the new short handles either with gold hardware...

however, i was able to score an all black distressed leather maxi 'gale with black ostrich handles and FABULOUS original thick S &M strap with zipper!!! and black interior. my first maxi 'gale in black leather had a gray lining... my black patent has a black lining too. yeah, i need another black maxi ... (sarcastic) but the leather was too amazing to pass up. i was able to get it bc it was "out" for a photoshoot and had just returned... no discount, of course!!! and i am so sad to tell you the newer ones with a thin shoulder strap, no zipper and/or gold GG just lack the original drama... so, i went with yet another black original maxi... hey, one cant have too much black, d'accord?
oh chauss i think the maxi nightingale with ostrich handles and original wide strap (w/ zipper) you just got is the one i have too i had to hunt it down like a madwoman (a few months back). it's the one where the ostrich handles have this metallic sheen to it. the hardware is a gunmetal almost blackish color. and the distressed leather is very thomas wylde-ish, right? and iirc barneys retail was $1,995 pre-tax. oh i hope that's the one you got. i had to get my s.a. to hunt that one down and at the time she said computers showed it was the last one in the company....but glad you got one! it seriously has the best leather ever. the leather softens up even more with use and the draping is just incredible my only gripe is it's a bit on the heavy side but i still love it to death.

06-02-2008
on the astral plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by labellavita89 View Post
oh chauss i think the maxi nightingale with ostrich handles and original wide strap (w/ zipper) you just got is the one i have too i had to hunt it down like a madwoman (a few months back). it's the one where the ostrich handles have this metallic sheen to it. the hardware is a gunmetal almost blackish color. and the distressed leather is very thomas wylde-ish, right? and iirc barneys retail was $1,995 pre-tax. oh i hope that's the one you got. i had to get my s.a. to hunt that one down and at the time she said computers showed it was the last one in the company....but glad you got one! it seriously has the best leather ever. the leather softens up even more with use and the draping is just incredible my only gripe is it's a bit on the heavy side but i still love it to death.
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey, anything is heavy next to a bal bag! and i wasnt looking for this! i have a maxi in black distressed patent...but the leather was too amazing to pass it up next to the quality of the new ones. sooo disappointing.... i was told mine was checked out for a photoshoot and it just came back 2 days ago... i really wanted the white patent but it was made so cheaply compared to my black patent which also has the thick zipper strap...the one inch shoulder strap, sans zipper is just blech.

06-02-2008
& b

pics, chauss??

09-02-2008
V.I.P.

chauss,
congrats and would looooove to see pics

i agree about the original. i wish i had gotten one... oh well
on another note CORSO COMO had a beautiful (stunning) natural distressed (washed) leather maxi in what seems the original style (but it was new season)
i was in such a rush that i only picked it up and didnt even get a chance to consider acquiring

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, givenchy