How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-02-2008
on the astral plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyla m. View Post
chauss,
congrats and would looooove to see pics

i agree about the original. i wish i had gotten one... oh well
on another note CORSO COMO had a beautiful (stunning) natural distressed (washed) leather maxi in what seems the original style (but it was new season)
i was in such a rush that i only picked it up and didnt even get a chance to consider acquiring
hi l, miss chatting with you!!! i saw some pencil sketches of new givenchys for spring 08 which have not hit stores here yet, they were marked large distressed leather maxi and looked like old style with a $2495 price tag... so not this new maxi gold hardware gg crappy version for $1795...i think it is coming in black and ivory. what color did you see?

Last edited by chauss; 09-02-2008 at 05:02 PM.

09-02-2008
V.I.P.

chauss,
miss chatting too

the one i saw was (i would say) spring 08 and was in a natural colour. so a very light caramel.... beautiful!!!

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

09-02-2008
& b

$2500?! yikes! that's nearly $1000 more from what the original original ones were. no thx.

09-02-2008
trendsetter

Here's a new picture of Gwyneth Paltrow with the Metallic Nightingale.

JustJared

09-02-2008
windowshopping

I was browsing Barney's website the other day, they've stocked a few Wrinkled Patent Nightingales, the green is gorgeous!

and in pink (or is it salmon...?)

Large Shiny Leather Nightingale. Number 1 on my list. Such a beauty!

Last edited by poptarts; 09-02-2008 at 10:52 PM.

10-02-2008
boop

^Is Gwyneth's version new for this season

I NEED THAT BAG IN MY LIFE.

10-02-2008
& b

^ yeah, it's s/s 08 collection. it's on lvr right now for €1158 (without vat)

personally i don't like it , especially the canvas strap and the fact that it's not even removable.

pics from lvr

10-02-2008
& b

chauss's washed maxi with metallic ostrich handle is on barneys.com. they have 6 available. $1995

http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/prod...egoryId=463563

10-02-2008
boop

Ooh thanks Ale! The fact that the strap doesn't come off is a definite downgrade but I love love love that color and the accents on it.

12-02-2008
backstage pass

I'm so glad that I have my nightingale - I get tons of compliments on it! I can't believe I sold mine and regretted it immediately...thankfully a little *angel* helped me acquire another! It's never going out of my collection...such a classic.

12-02-2008
tfs star

€ 1253

Small Stud Shoulder Bag
€ 2215

Givenchy "Nightingale Shopping Tote"

After the famous Nightingale bag, now the tote style is available for wider range of women and men must i say
currently retails for €1253

source : http://bagcraze.blogspot.com

12-02-2008
tfs star

Clarabelle Tote
Grained leather two handle tote with flap front and magnetic close. Gold-toned hardware. Fabric lined interior with side zip pocket and two multi-functional pockets.
size : 13" x 14.5" x 4.5". 6.5" handle drop
currently retails for $1340

Clarabelle Top Handle
currently retails for € 918

source : http://bagcraze.blogspot.com

12-02-2008
rising star

i have a lizard handle medium gale with pewter hardware and zippered thick strap. it was purchased last summer from barneys in NY (assuming SS07). everyone here talks about the soft and amazing leather but how come i don't find my leather so very soft and squishy?!?

anyone here who has seen/felt all the diff ones IRL (e.g. normal, distressed, patent, ostrich, lizard, etc) who can comment on & compare the various textures? its bugging meeeeeeee! LOL thanks

12-02-2008
on the astral plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by big.mui View Post
i have a lizard handle medium gale with pewter hardware and zippered thick strap. it was purchased last summer from barneys in NY (assuming SS07). everyone here talks about the soft and amazing leather but how come i don't find my leather so very soft and squishy?!?

anyone here who has seen/felt all the diff ones IRL (e.g. normal, distressed, patent, ostrich, lizard, etc) who can comment on & compare the various textures? its bugging meeeeeeee! LOL thanks

ok, let me give it a try..... i originally had a plain black calf maxi with a light gray interior. the leather was NOT smooshy. ( i did not love the leather, but loved the style!) i sold it and got a distressed black patent maxi. fabulous. it gets smooshy with age, it does not look worn out, people still comment on it. the next batch of plain leather ones , a season after mine, were distressed leather, smooshy when new! my ostrich handle black maxi has the smooshy, distressed leather and a black interior. so, you are not crazy.... btw, not to confuse you, but this season's patent leather is crappy compared to my last year's black patent leather. it reminds me of '06 bal leather , the crispy, thin, yechy kind they had for one season only. i wanted to buy one, and just couldnt justify the price for the lack of quality. that is how i ended up with yet, ANOTHER black maxi 'gale.

12-02-2008
backstage pass

^^^ ill buy any of your used black maxi nightngales!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, givenchy