How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-02-2008
on the astral plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
medium is a perfect size, for a woman. maxi looks insane, like you're carrying luggage around. but it scales better on a man since we're built bigger and taller
me------------ow..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg givenchy 'gale 1.jpg (103.6 KB, 58 views)

26-02-2008
& b

27-02-2008
rising star

Thats what we aaaaaaall say Luxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post
I'm going to allow myself just one more bag and then I'm on a bag ban I swear

27-02-2008
rising star

Princess - totally OT but I love your avatar and right now it is making me crave a steaming hot bowl of tonkotsu ramen so bad its excrutiating.

01-03-2008
scenester

I finally bought the new Givenchy Nightingale. Nordstrom finally has Givenchy!! My husband picked it for me actually, he likes it alot. The handles are water snake skin and the price is $2495. I am not that familiar with Givenchy nightingale and wondering if this bag is really that expensive. I thought it should be around $1500-ish? Is it because of the handles made of snake skin that's why is so much more expensive? Thanks guys!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg givenchy.jpg (47.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg givenchy1.jpg (55.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg givenchy2.jpg (95.1 KB, 17 views)

01-03-2008
& b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefredity View Post
the price is $2495. I am not that familiar with Givenchy nightingale and wondering if this bag is really that expensive. I thought it should be around $1500-ish? Is it because of the handles made of snake skin that's why is so much more expensive? Thanks guys!!
that price sounds right. it's the maxi size and it has the metal detail on the bottom of the handles, plus "exotic" trim....

i remember the maxi in metallic leather with metallic lizard handles was the same price and it didn't have the metal detail like yours does. watersnake is a cheap snake skin, so i guess they figure the metal bits into the price as well.

02-03-2008
scenester

Thank you, Alejandro! I've never seen the metallic with lizard handles. Anybody have a pic of it?

02-03-2008
& b

it's in this thread somewhere let me find it....

02-03-2008
& b

found it :p
the bronze is maxi ($2495), the gold is medium ($1895). it also came in black with metallic silver handles (on reese w.--she has medium)

barneys

someone at photobucket

02-03-2008
backstage pass

does anyone know if the nightingale comes in red?

02-03-2008
& b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinck View Post
does anyone know if the nightingale comes in red?
there is only one authentic red, an "evening" version in red satin with red nubuk handles and a baby blue satin lining. there is a fake in red leather.

03-03-2008
scenester

Thanks again Alejandro for the pics. Those bags are showstoppers!!

03-03-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
there is only one authentic red, an "evening" version in red satin with red nubuk handles and a baby blue satin lining. there is a fake in red leather.
Thank you, i've just been looking for a red bag and thought the nightingale would look really good in red, guess i'll have to opt for another

05-03-2008
on the astral plane

maxi distressed black with ostrich handles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg borders 1.jpg (50.6 KB, 64 views)

14-03-2008
boop

One of my good friends purchased a Nightingale from eBay a little while ago and we've both been trying to figure out whether or not its a fake. I tried comparing it to my Nightingale (which I still need to post pictures of here and will in a little while I promise) but I'm not sure really - a few things make me think it might be - the leather is not as smooth as that on my own Nightingale, the texture is different and the stamped logo seems slanted just a bit. It seems...off. I took some pictures with my camera phone so I was wondering if any of you experts might be able to help confirm my suspicions.

Also, does anyone know if the Marine Blue Nightingale is still available in stores? I looked on the Barneys website and its no longer there. I really love this color and now that I have my Ivory Nightingale I wouldn't mind getting one of the darker shades in the near future.

Image Credit | Bag Bliss & Taken by Me

Last edited by Luxx; 14-03-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, givenchy