How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-03-2007
V.I.P.

thanks for the help everyone! I decided to wait a season to get the nightengale until theres a color I really fall in love with. I love the blue patent but it's sold out completly.

21-03-2007
still here

Mademoiselle Melanie Huynh looking great, if I only I looked like this with my bag

sartorialist

22-03-2007
trendsetter

^^^How funny! I was just checking that blog and fell in love with that outfit! She looks awesome!

Last edited by Red Sole; 22-03-2007 at 10:37 AM.

22-03-2007
backstage pass

^ she does look fab!! thanks for the pic mundo. i love her shoes too.

sigh...few more days until i fondle the heck out of nightingale and other various beauties at barneys.

23-03-2007
trendsetter

Do you guys think nightingale and muse look much alike?

23-03-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96
thanks for the help everyone! I decided to wait a season to get the nightengale until theres a color I really fall in love with. I love the blue patent but it's sold out completly.
sorry to break it to you, but the nightingale has basically been discontinued for next season. they are doing an "updated" version of it now...an obvious move to try and make givenchy have more commercial appeal....it looks like marc jacobs to me...

givenchy.fr

there will be one 'old style' nightingale released, though......black creased patent, xl size

Last edited by brian; 23-03-2007 at 10:22 PM.

23-03-2007
V.I.P.

^ that sucks The nightengale seems to have been selling well, why change it to look like every other bag out there? black patent would be very nice but I think xl is too big for me.

I love your avatar btw, I want those sunglasses!

23-03-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96
^ that sucks The nightengale seems to have been selling well, why change it to look like every other bag out there? black patent would be very nice but I think xl is too big for me.

I love your avatar btw, I want those sunglasses!
i agree about changing it....totally a stupid move...
and LOL...thanks!!

btw--i was wrong, the creased patent is also coming in medium, but it looks a little funky to me; they changed the strap and it looks a little cheap ...and the hw is shiny gold...yikes...

givenchy.fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotgoodjeans
^ on barneys.com it says the medium comes in black and "marron" but i cant really picture that latter color - thats not the same as bronze right?
the one in the pic from barneys that kim posted is known as 'brown' --not bronze, even though i guess it is a bronze..... here is a pic of marron...it's definitely a redder brown-y colour... it's nice but i'd pick the brown/bronze over it any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotgoodjeans
^ zebra print? thats interesting! im going up to NYC this weekend so am hoping to see them in person...
the zebra..... it's really nice too...

givenchy.fr

24-03-2007
fashion insider

I was never really into the nightengales but after seeing some people wearing it in real life I believe it is something that looks better on than in picture...however, the new versions for fall are so generic and Gucci looking, thus a little repulsive...

24-03-2007
fashion elite

it is SO sad that they will not be continuing the nightengale. what a huge miss on their part to have a true it bag that could bring as much good fortune to them as the le dix did for Balenciaga all those years ago. my only prayer is that possibly they will re-introduce it despite it not being on any of the collection plans because of its shocking success.
foxie, i agree. At first glance it is nothing that spectacular, but in person it is really devilishly cool and chic. I first saw it on someone when a girl at my school started using the xl everyday, and it just sits so well on the arm. Really awesome if you ask me, what a travesty if they totally abandon it.

24-03-2007
on the astral plane

i am waiting to receive my XL black calf nightengale. i am a die hard balenciaga weekender fan for everyday use so this one might work for me. i am disapointed to read that black patent version will have gold hardware... i was told it was same as black calf bags. i guess i will have to wait and see....

24-03-2007
V.I.P.

After seeing the XL on ashley, I think thats the size I want. Its not quite as huge as I thought. I'm going to see if I can get one for my birthday while they're still around.

24-03-2007
Frozen irony.

So Ashley is definetly carrying the XL? It does not look that big on her.. maybe that size could be good on me.

I was really debating over this bag vs. the black weekender, I am so sad to hear that they are discontinuing it!

chauss: Congrats on your purchase! please post pictures when you get it!!

24-03-2007
V.I.P.

^ I'm 100% sure but it really looks like the XL to me, maybe someone can confirm..

24-03-2007
trendsetter

I just discovered this bag and it's discontinued???

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, givenchy