How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-03-2007
fashion elite

I am getting manic that I really want this bag in the XL size, but do you guys think a boy could really pull it off? I think the basic shape of it is pretty easily worked, but I wish it were just a little bit bigger. Thoughts on that, please...

24-03-2007
on the astral plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCouture
I think what everyone has to remember about the dimensions is that he bag is actually cut like a square/rectangle and the dimensions are probably taken from the bag in its "flattest" state. One it is worn it kind of concaves onto its self and gets slouchy, so it appears smaller than the technical dimensions.

i totally agree! i carry a bal WE most days and i do not stuff it so it sort of drapes around me and looks a bit smaller. whenever i see the bal WE jammed , it looks bigger and boxy. i was told the medium givenchy does not drape like the XL does and that ashley's bag is not filled up.

24-03-2007
on the astral plane

Quote:
I am getting manic that I really want this bag in the XL size, but do you guys think a boy could really pull it off? I think the basic shape of it is pretty easily worked, but I wish it were just a little bit bigger. Thoughts on that, please...

i can advise u better when i get my XL IRL this week.

24-03-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
yeah, a guy can pull it off... i kinda want one too, LOL!

24-03-2007
still here

my nightingale has totally slouched up after months of use too, the leather has gotten even nicer

and melanie's bag is the medium, ashley's the xl, reese's the medium...

oh and gg, I've never seen the ostrich handles on the black, it's on the dark, dark brown one

Last edited by mundodabolsa; 24-03-2007 at 08:43 PM.

24-03-2007
V.I.P.

all of the metallics have ostrich handles...

here is a pic of the black metallic ... it's so stupid that barneys doesn't show one [they really should get pics of each colour instead of just showing one!]

24-03-2007
still here

I think there 2 different types of ostrich/exotic handles, no? there is the one like on my bag, like reese's, which is perfectly matte, and then there are ones like the one you posted that have metallic handles....is that right?

24-03-2007
V.I.P.

speaking of metallic black--how gorgeous is this clarabelle in black met.??

i was at barneys dallas last week with a friend of mine and she got it...it's so much more stunning irl. this bag is tdf!! suede lining!!

24-03-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa
I think there 2 different types of ostrich/exotic handles, no? there is the one like on my bag, like reese's, which is perfectly matte, and then there are ones like the one you posted that have metallic handles....is that right?
yeah there are two types of ostrich claw--mat and metallic, to match the leather on its respective bag.

the people at barneys dallas are persistent that the handles on the metallic bags are python... so not ...

24-03-2007
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
yeah there are two types of ostrich claw--mat and metallic, to match the leather on its respective bag.

the people at barneys dallas are persistent that the handles on the metallic bags are python... so not ...
yeah they do kind of look pythony though!

I'll repost this closeup of my handle here, for reference purposes

25-03-2007
Frozen irony.

I really like the black metallic!!! I'm sure it's pretty hard to find in the UK though.. Brian do you know the price of it?

mundo: would we be able to see a picture of you carrying the bag? Please?

25-03-2007
backstage pass

oh you guys have me drooling - i really like the clarabelle too - i wonder how the patent clarabelle is in person.

25-03-2007
Frozen irony.

Quote:
I think it's a really unisex looking bag, I think a guy would look awsome with it!

25-03-2007
on the astral plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa
my nightingale has totally slouched up after months of use too, the leather has gotten even nicer

and melanie's bag is the medium, ashley's the xl, reese's the medium...

oh and gg, I've never seen the ostrich handles on the black, it's on the dark,
dark brown one

mundo, i would love to see you carrying bag. i am with pucci, can you post pix please? btw, is yours a medium?

Last edited by chauss; 25-03-2007 at 07:51 AM.

25-03-2007
V.I.P.

MJ, I think the bag would be great on a guy.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, givenchy